The Captain and the Marre

Nightmare

This is a story by me, myself and I.

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: The Legacy's Birth

It was a dark hour and many a people were scurrying the streets in their suffering, looking for food, shelter and clothes. Suddenly they all were killed with a hand gesture by a Nightmarish being known as Nightmare.

"WTF did you do that for?!" asked Nightmare's companion, Wist.

"I ended their suffering. Do not question me again, for you will suffer and I will be forced to end yours as well." Answered Nightmare in an intimidating voice while still holding his hand out from the time he murdered rescued the civilians, not moving one bit.

"Yes Lord." said Wist, accepting Nightmare's explanation.

Finally, Nightmare lowered his hand and slowly walked among the dead peasants, whose bodies were decaying into non-existence. After reaching a certain spot he stopped and looked around.

"This world is rotting, decaying...we must do something, Wist!" Nightmare exclaimed

"You are right! But what is there that we can do?"

"What is there that we can not do?"

"Ah...that is most acceptable! Then what do you recommend we do?"

Nightmare took another look around and with yet, another hand gesture, levelled the whole neighbourhood.

"Not again..."

"This is what we must do, Wist. Remove the malignant tumours from this world so that they do not spread!"

"I see where you're coming from. Allow me to help, Nightmarrrre."

"Gather materials. All of the best. We must construct a monument...our monument. Some place where we can rule the world with mere words."

"That is most appreciable. I will commence the gathering as soon as possible."

"Which would be now."

"Yes, now."

And it was that conversation which led to Wist gathering the best of the best: Gold, diamonds, silver, platinum, stainless steel, mountains, volcanoes, giant redwoods, mercury, comets, asteroids, fine oak...the list goes on! A mere five seconds after the conversation, all materials were gathered.

"Now time to gather the tools." Said Wist

"No need."

"What? But Lord Nightmare, how can we do this without tools?"

"We will use our bare hands." Nightmare replied with extreme confidence

"Ah, yes. I had forgotten about our bare hands."

"Let us begin the work, then."

And so they began at dawn and finished at...the same dawn? Their work was miraculous. A giant monument...a club. They decided to name it Area 51, based on how fast their pings responded to each other on IRC. Afterwards they installed an alien power generator which Nightmare had stolen millennia ago.

"This is magnificent." Nightmare exclaimed with a smirk on his face and eyes shining with pride

"It truly is." Wist acknowledged

"Now time to put the finishing touches on...inside!" Nightmare said as he rushed inside.

They installed lethal lasers as lights inside, chandeliers made of diamond and hanged giant paintings of themselves on the walls of the club. Everywhere they used the finest oak, the best fabrics, the works! The toilets were made of pure gold and they used mercury instead of water. The laser lights were everywhere but somehow didn't cut through the building. It was truly a sight to behold. Next they brought over the best food from all over the world: caviar with hydrochloric acid, steaks burned to perfection with draconic flames, cock hard rocks and explosively hot tacos were but a few of the many, many dishes they had. And let's not forget about the drinks, which included scalding hot silver (with a side of whisky if you're into that thing), magma, pure alcohol and lethal scotch! This was indeed, heaven.

"We are done, Wist." Nightmare said with his shiny-pride eyes

"Yes we are. What is our next course of action?" Wist asked with satisfaction

"We shall remain here inside the best booth which is also the farthest, shadiest and the darkest one. There, we shall operate as Mr. Johnsons, hiring worthless Shadowrunners to do our dirty (and sometimes not-so-dirty) jobs. What do you say?"

"I am in full support of this plan. Let us leave to that booth."

"Damn it! You forgot the troll!"

"Oh no! Wait here, be right back!"

"I can't trust you with this, you always take so long!"

"Well we have no other choice, have we?"

"No...well then, hurry up!"

"Right!"

And Wist left and brought back a troll in two seconds.

"See? Told you? You took a whole two seconds. That is unacceptable!"

"I apologize. He was hard to work with. Very arrogant and stubborn. But at least we have the troll now."

"True. Assign him as the bouncer. The way you described him, he should come in handy."

"Yes, yes..."

"And tell him that he must not allow anyone except those with the highest reputation in."

"Alright. Anything else?"

"No. Let's just assign ourselves some bodyguards from those guys over there."

"What?! When the hell did they get here?" Wist said in surprise

"When you left to get the troll."

"Ahhh, I see. Okay, let's assign them to ourselves. I take the two orcs and one of the humans."

"And I shall take the two elves and the other human."

"Perfect."

"Indeed."

"Club Area 51 shall be the best."

"It shall indeed. Now let us rest and enjoy the festivities and wait for customers and runners to come."

"Let us. After you."

I will have to apologize in advance, for this chapter is very bland.

Chapter 2: The Legacy's Advance

It was a dark hour...of course, it was. But not any more.

Wist and Nightmare were sitting in their booth, having a fine meal with the music playing in the whole club. However, the club was empty, except for Nightmare, Wist and their bodyguards.

"This is ridiculous, Wist. We are not having a single customer!"

"Perhaps it is the over-the-top requirements?"

"Over-the-top? Don't make me laugh. We need to keep this place clean from all those who are rotting. To do that, I will go to great lengths! Lengths not fathomable even by myself!"

"This is true. So, what do you suggest?"

"We dine and wait."

"Okay."

And wait they did. They had one fabulous meal after the other and strangely their bodyguards never got hungry, nor did the giant troll bouncer. At last, they saw a ray of sunlight from outside...a customer!

"Nightmare! Our patience paid off after all!"

"It always does..."

"Hey, I wanna talk to those guys in there!" demanded the mysterious customer

"Make way, I will need to speak to him." said Nightmare

The bodyguards opened the way and the stranger's face was fully visible to Nightmare's shiny-pride eyes and Wist's. They immediately recognized him.

"Hika?" said Nightmare in confusion

"OMG! Penisu Gawd! And Tits!" Hika replied with a gigantic grin on his small face

"Ah, Hika, it is nice to see you here." Wist said

"So Hika...judging by the looks of things, you became a runner?"

"Yeah, and it's fucking awesome. You two have some work for me?"

"Why yes...we do. We want you to...well, I'll let Wist tell you."

"K" Hika accepted, waiting patiently

"Alright...your task is to loot all of the world's supply of mango juice. Simple enough, huh?"

"Yeah sure, I'll just need a good axe, I've already got an awesome dragon."

"An axe you say?" Nightmare asked, "Well then, an axe you shall get!"

Nightmare materialized a large, SS Rank custom axe that fit Hika's every desire.

"AWESOME! Later, Penisu Gawd! Later Tits!" Hika said as he ran off to accomplish his mission.

Nightmare sat back while drinking his favourite drink (it is unknown at the current time) and Wist smiled, with sunglasses inside the dark booth. The bodyguards again covered the booth's gateway and the two masters rested and waited for their runner to come back...

It is under Nightmare’s divine guidance that I write and post this next chapter. It was, ultimately, written by him for I am his eternal servant, a medium for his pen. He chooses to write this disclaimer from Wist’s perspective because no puppet can claim to be him without immediately dissolving from the energies brought forth by such a claim.

Chapter 3: The Legacy’s Tenacity

It was metaphorically a dark hour. The lethal laser lights of Area 51 provided sufficient lighting to render the Sun redundant, but Nightmare, Wist, and their bodyguards, were left alone in their dark booth to await the return of Hika.

"Something unforeseen must have happened to delay Hika," declared Wist solemnly. "He should have returned with the world’s supply of mango juice multiple seconds ago."

Nightmare cast Wist a glance to ensure his sunglasses did not sit on his face improperly so as to obstruct blood flow to his brain. "You forget," he responded, "Hika only recently became a runner."

"Surely this should be of no relevance! He is a runner and should be able to perform his duty to our satisfaction."

Nightmare reprimanded Wist and sipped his favourite drink simultaneously without consequence to his speech or ability to swallow. "Did you pay no attention at all when we gave him his task? He wished for an axe, he does not yet know to trust his bare hands as we do."

Wist winced in embarrassment upon being alerted to this oversight, knowing full well that Nightmare would see this through his sunglasses regardless of whether or not he was looking in Wist’s direction. "Hika will be a few seconds more; we must be prepared for the arrival of other runners."

As if prophesied by divine foresight, the bodyguards moved aside and announced the arrival of someone whom the troll bouncer, recently equipped with platinum cybernetics, had just that nanosecond determined worthy of entrance. The masters’ drinks refilled themselves while they emptied into the master’s throats. Nightmare and Wist continued to imbibe their beverages for nine minutes before Wist elected to greet this new presence.

"What the hell are you doing here Zephquestioncolon.png" he inquired with his customary hybrid punctuation symbol, nitric acid dripping from his lips. "You cannot possibly be experienced as a runner."

"Of course not," retorted Zeph, who made a show of giving Nightmare an illustriously sublime bow. "I’m a customer, Wistron. I’m the richest person in Alaska so I should be good enough for your requirements."

Nightmare removed his sunglasses, revealing the extra pair that had been sitting beneath them. "Yet… currently you are not in Russia," he uttered slowly, demonstrating his extensive knowledge of secret government alliances from the most remote reaches of the universe.

"Well, no, but…"

"Silence!" interrupted Nightmare while taking another sip of his drink and putting on a new pair of sunglasses. "Because you are not Wist or me, you cannot be in two places at once. This means you are not the richest person in Alaska, but the poorest troll individual currently in our club." As if to prove his omnipotence, Nightmare caused all forty toilets on the premises to flush with pure mercury without moving from his seat. He put on another pair of sunglasses before continuing.

"Still… the troll bouncer didn’t give you a boot to the head when you entered."

"This is true," agreed Wist.

"Yes, it is true, that is why I said it. Everything I say is true."

Wist was about to respond with "This is true," but he recognized the foolings of repeating the comment thanks to his inseparable telepathic link with Nightmare.

"Okay," said Zeph. "I think I’m gonna have some chocolate milk."

"Each drop will cost you $2000," announced Wist with unparalleled nonchalance.

That is before our tax is added," chimed in Nightmare. "The tax is $6000 and must be paid in every form of currency which does, has ever, or will ever exist."

Zeph dropped on the floor, narrowly avoiding a stray bolt of lightning which was fired from one the lethal laser lights. It is not known whether this was caused by one of the masters. "You must be joking? How can you run a business with such ridiculous prices‽"

Wist’s sunglasses shattered at this insult, shards of glass piercing his eyeballs like a rain of arrows eviscerating a mighty eel. Nightmare handed Wist a pair of sunglasses which he positioned on his face. He showed no expression of pain.

The more emotionally hardy of the two masters, Nightmare, responded, "We do not jest. If you will not buy our high quality food or drink then you must leave immediately." In a gesture which could have signified anything from the removing of an itch to arming the monument’s lighting system, Nightmare flicked his finger.

"Fine, what’s the cheapest thing you have?" ventured Zeph.

"Mango juice," responded Wist. "It sells for only $1000, but Hika hasn’t yet returned with our shipment."

"He is late," Nightmare exclaimed calmly. "Mango juice, the most addictive of all juices, is our least expensive product, but we cannot sell you any until Hika gets back here."

Zeph narrowed his eyes. "Can’t you just, umm, materialize some for me like you do everything else?"

"No," responded Nightmare as he put on a new pair of sunglasses and produced out a meter long cigar from his sleeve which appeared to light itself.

"Why the hell do I have to wait for Hika to get back?"

"Yes," responded Wist. Nightmare nodded in approval.

"Confused, but not deterred, Zeph retorted, "But for all you know he could just be playing eroge right now instead of coming back with mango juice."

Nightmare put the cigar in his pocket and turned to stare at Zeph. Zeph clutched his heart with his hands and his phallus recoiled into his body in respect. Nightmare’s stare was so impressive that it cannot be described by any sequence of adjectives. For the time being, there was no more to be said.

Chapter 4: The Legacy's Legacy

It was the darkest hour so far...or at least, it seemed to be. Behind their cyber-enhanced bodyguards, in their everything-proof, dark-as-night booth, Nightmare and Wist were enjoying their usual: boiling plutonium, hydrochloric acid, magmatic chess games and of course, tacos. Explosively hot tacos. Might I add that they are extremely spicy as well? Explosively so.

Nightmare blew a seemingly endless stream of smoke from the cigarette in his hand. He then put his right elbow on the table inside the booth and cracked his own neck with a slight whirl, moving a chess piece with his left hand.

"Check." he remarked

"Clever as always, I see. Check on the first move. Nice." Wist said with a smile on his sunglassed face

"Of course. Make your move."

"I am sorry to do this but...checkmate..." Wist said and drank some plutonium and HCl mixture

"Impressive. You have grown much. I remember the days when I won without even playing."

"I have learned from the best."

"So it seems." Nightmare said while taking a bite out of a taco

Suddenly the front door opened. There could be only one person that would be let in so fast...and only one person who the masters were expecting.

"Hika! You're back, finally!" Nightmare exclaimed

"What took you so long?!" Wist roared in anger

"Sorry Penisu, Tits. I had to do something on the way back. But I've brought your mango juice!" Hika said while pointing at The World's Supply of Mango Juice™

"Excellent wor-- wait, what's all that noise outside?" Nightmare asked with curiosity written all over his face

"!! It can't be..." Wist said

"Let us see what is going on." Nightmare said as he darted up from his chair, the cigarette automatically freezing to -256 Celsius in his hand before he dropped it.

He pushed away the bodyguards and walked fast towards the exit, his brilliant black clothing absorbing all the lethal lasers and his brilliant black cloak flowing behind him. Wist followed suit and they both exited the building, only to see a sight they had never expected to see...or maybe they did?

"What...foolings is this?!" Nightmare said in a mixture of surprise and anger, his eyes lighting up (not literally)

"I have no idea..." Wist said with an empty expression

It was a sight to behold. The whole world's armies all gathered in one place, ready to destroy, ready to obliterate, ready to kill...whoever was involved in the stealing of The World's Supply of Mango Juice™. Tanks, choppers, infantry, battleships, fighter jets, samurai, legions, knights...everything. Absolutely every kind of army there was, was there.

"Oh yeah, those guys?" Hika's voice came from behind, as he came running and pushed away the two masters to make room for himself to stand between them, "They all followed me here after I stole The World's Supply of Mango Juice™. Awesome, huh? Now the whole world hates me. But I wanted to share so I told them that you two were involved too."

"I see. It is of no matter." Nightmare said with a cloak gesture, "I shall persuade them to...to put it bluntly, fuck off before they're fucked up."

And persuade he did. Of course, they were all fools, the men and women who comprised the whole world's armies, so they did not know who they were facing and opted to use force instead.

"You will not give up? You have made a grave mistake, I'm afraid." Said Nightmare while waving his hand, his hand wave covering the legion of choppers from his point of view.

All of a sudden, the choppers imploded then exploded with the force of ten thousand nukes. Their charred remains gathered together again and crumpled into each other, reformed into metal and turned into a giant robot which crushed a tank and absorbed the tank into itself and yet again, it exploded with the force of ten thousand nukes, but this time plus one because of the added tank. Miraculously, no one else was harmed. This was only a portion of Nightmare's true power, or so it seemed.

"You fools! You wanderers! You challenged the gods and lost!" Nightmare said while holding out his hand, with his eyes showing absolute omniscience

"Begone while you still can, before the lot of you die!" Wist said with a wave of his hand which created a sonic boom that made the eardrums of the whole world's armies explode in a fountain of blood

"Or do you still insist to kill yourselves? If that is so, then by all means come!" Nightmare said in an extremely intimidating voice, something you'd expect to hear in your worst nightmares

The whole world's armies shook with fear, sweat, wetting themselves, fainting, not knowing what to do. They just stood there, paralysed by this immense show of mind and power.

"DID YOU NOT HEAR US?! BEGONE!!!" Nightmare said, this time shouting so loud the whole solar system shook

With that, the army ran away, desperately trying to distance themselves from the almighty duo, tripping, crying tears of blood (perhaps literally as well), screaming in madness...it was horrific indeed, to face these two in direct battle.

"Mission accomplished." Nightmare said with a smirk

"Mission accomplished, indeed." Wist said, adding to the other smirk with his sunglasses

"Awesome, Penisu!" Hika said with a giant grin

"You haven't seen the most of it." Nightmare grinned slightly, half-closing his eyes

"Let us return inside, our task here is done." Wist said while gesturing Nightmare to enter Area 51

"Thank you." Nightmare went ahead, his cloak flowing behind him, with Wist following behind him, and Hika following behind Wist.

They went ahead into their booths, watching as Zephrion bought a glass of mango juice. Nightmare turned on the TV in their booth, which was attached everywhere but he opted to turn on the small one that was attached to the ceiling of the booth. Hika sat beside Zephrion and forced him to buy an expensive drink, which he did in the end and they ended up talking about retsupurae while enjoying their drinks. Suddenly on the news, there was news! News of the new duo of men...Nightmare and Wist!

"It has been reported that on some remote place on Earth there is a prestigious establishment known as Club Area 51, where only the most reputable people are allowed in. This establishment is ruled by two enigmatic young men, aptly named Nightmare and Wist. According to reports by the traumatized-yet-healed soldiers of the whole world's armies, these men are inhuman and possess incredible power, capable of doing whatever they wish. The reports say that the one named Nightmare destroyed the whole world's legion of helicopters and a single tank, with the destruction of the helicopters having the power of ten thousand nukes, and the tank plus helicopters having the power of ten thousand nukes plus one. The individual known as Wist ruptured ear drums in a bloody fountain, and the whole solar system was shaken with Nightmare's voice. Furthermore..."

"That is quite interesting." Nightmare interrupted the news

"Indeed." Wist said, "What do you think of this?"

"It is quite interesting."

"Indeed."

"The legacy...is born. Now...light our darkest hour!" said Nightmare, and no longer was the hour dark. Never again would it be dark. Ever.

The duo continued to enjoy their daily enjoyments, anxiously waiting for more customers and runners.

Edited by Wisrt