Announce the rollback.

I was going to say this in the announcement thread itself, but I see it's already getting a bit too crowded, so...

I've seen some forums suffering that kind of rollback before. More critical than the resident users being confused about lost postcounts and content, however, is the situation of those new members who simply lost their accounts.

So, my suggestion? Put a text on the top of the forums, saying that all accounts registered from (whenever in March) to (whenever the hacking happened) were deleted/lost/whatever. Keep it short, visible, and with a link to the relevant announcement.

Yes or no?

I was going to say this in the announcement thread itself, but I see it's already getting a bit too crowded, so...

I've seen some forums suffering that kind of rollback before. More critical than the resident users being confused about lost postcounts and content, however, is the situation of those new members who simply lost their accounts.

So, my suggestion? Put a text on the top of the forums, saying that all accounts registered from (whenever in March) to (whenever the hacking happened) were deleted/lost/whatever. Keep it short, visible, and with a link to the relevant announcement.

Yes or no?

Why not. I was one of those unlucky people who lost my account.