GIF images...

Seriously?

Welcome to your control panel

Your Avatar Settings

Your avatar must be no bigger than 150 pixels by 150 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB.

The following file types are allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png

edit: that said, it probably needs to be within the image size limit -- if auto resize happens it will probably make it still. Try hosting it on another site, also, rather than uploading from your computer.

Edited by Palsy Brown

The pic I got from photobucket isn't uploading. So I recreated it, and it still doesn't work. I believe Jyo disabled the GIF option, which is my problem. I was only wondering if he could enable it.

Thanks, but I know how to change my avatar. It's calling it an 'invalid file extension.'

Historically .gif format avatars were disallowed so as to prevent individuals from linking to excessively large images, I would imagine primarily for the benefit of those with a slow Internet connection. Because files exceeding a specified size can be rejected when uploaded to the forum, it may be worth asking if it's possible for .gif to be made a valid extension for uploaded but not externally linked to avatars.