Did the designers make a mistake?

For the Amiti's description it doesn't say "Elincia only" it says "It can only be used by family members. But how come Renning can't use it? He was the prince of Crimea. Is there a reson to this?

Edited by luigi bros

Probably just because it's one thing nobody thought of when writing a description.

Theoretically it probably can only be used by other Crimean royal family members (really I don't understand how you a sword can only be used by one person unless it's specifically explained like the Mani Katti).

But I suppose for the game it was used as an explanation as to why other people outside of Elincia aren't able to use it. It could also be a carryover from PoR that never got changed before the idea to include Renning as a character. I don't know what the description in PoR was - but I would assume it's likely the same thing.

I'd check but I'm at work. . .

I thought Renning could use it. It's just that Elincia can't trade her sword away.

I'm guessing IS initially planned for Renning to use it, but changed their minds later (but didn't bother removing Renning from the weapon lock list).

I dunno, I thought the translation was quite good (of the stuff that they included anyway...).

They were a bit sloppy with the stuff you mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if the previous games had around the same number of mistakes (eg. FE9's Beorcguard description, FE7's bonus weapon descriptions).

Could the designers have intended for him to be able to use it? He is a royal family member. But Elincia can't trade it. I thought that they would've allowed Elincia to trade it but only to Renning. And the same with Renning to Elincia.

Could the designers have intended for him to be able to use it? He is a royal family member. But Elincia can't trade it. I thought that they would've allowed Elincia to trade it but only to Renning. And the same with Renning to Elincia.

They probably didn't even think of giving Renning the ability to use the sword and just locked it to Elincia. Maybe they did, though. Who knows what they were thinking? Also, there aren't any other prf rank weapons that can be used by multiple units.

Edited by Bananas

They probably didn't even think of giving Renning the ability to use the sword and just locked it to Elincia. Maybe they did, though. Who knows what they were thinking? Also, there aren't any other prf rank weapons that can be used by multiple units.

That's true. But the desciption doesn't say Elincia only, it says family members only.

Renning with Amiti would be a lot better than he would be now, probably quite a big jump in the tier list.

He'd still be not much better than other low-maintenance endgame fillers like Volke and Stefan, if at all. And it also means he's taking the thing from Elincia, who would then have to have a bitchfight with Mia/Zihark/Stefan for the Vague Katti and Alondite (and the latter isn't available in the longest 4-E chapter, 4-E-1). Though for 4-E-1 and 4-E-3, Renning would already rather use Hammer and Wyrmslayer anyway.

they fucked up resolve as well. It says "raises strength skill and speed and 20%"

It doesn't raise strength and it triggers at half health

they fucked up resolve as well. It says "raises strength skill and speed and 20%"

It doesn't raise strength and it triggers at half health

I know. I didn't even realize it until Endgame either. >>

And Muarim is Ike's sister, but we knew that.

And the character list that was alphabetical* in Japanese kept the same order in the English translation, so that Ike comes before Ashnard.

*And I use the term "alphabetical" loosely, on the grounds that katakana can loosely be considered an alphabet.

Edited by Paper Jam