Cord (Me) vs Wolf (Colonel M)

Dat Nick

Agreed classes: Cord Fighter>Hero, Wolf: General [as if anybody was going to dispite either]

Even Cord at his worst is contributing much more than Wolf is earlygame. Despite being rather meh in C2 [Lol, worse than Bord] this is a chapter where even failures like Gordin and Draug are welcome due to the fact that we have to use everybody still alive.

Then we have that Cord becomes quite "not suck" in C4.

Cord lvl 5: 22 HP, 9 str, 6 skl, 10 AS, 6 lck, 5 def

Thief:

lvl 1 unchanged

lvl 3

27 HP

13 atk

108 hit

15 AS

2 def

Fighter:

33 (34) atk

19 (20) atk

100 (101) hit

10 AS

3 def

Hunter: STILL the same stats.

Archer:

28 HP

18 atk [steel bow]

93 hit

8 (9) AS

6 def

Armor:

31 HP

18 atk

102 hit

3 AS

11 def

Horseman:

33 HP

14 (15) atk [...surprisngly tame]

106 hit

6 def

14 (15) AS

3 res

Cav:

30 HP

18 atk [lance/sword] 20 atk [armorslayer]

86/102/107 hit [Armorslayer/Lance/Sword]

9 AS

7 def

Priest:

22 HP

10 HP heal

9 AS

3 def

6 res

Boss: Benson (DuBois)

34 HP

22 atk

83 hit

11 AS

9 def

Now, I'll admit the sword cavs DO slow him down a touch, but there's only two of them so it's not a huge deal. There's also the two theives, but he can hit everything else even with Hand fairly well [He should have 60-ish displayed on guys with lances] Offensively he's 3RKOing most non-cav stuff and 2RKOing armors, which is pretty good in comparison to the rest of your guys not named Jagen. If you want to argue lvl 5 is too high, it won't damage him enough that he cannot 2RKO anything at lvl 4.

Chapter 5. Wolf's here, sure. He also sucks, losing to Cord in every possible parameter and getting stuck in a position where he is easily killed. He's even losing defense since Cord has the WTA playing in his favor even more dominantly before [Kiss the few swords and axes in C4 goodbye] and he cannot reclass into Horseman yet, nor can he get 1-2 range. You'd be silly to even dispute that Cord is raping Wolf with a 10 foot pole here.

So that's four chapters Cord is winning. Let's see if C6 has changed this situation at all.

Cord lvl 7: 24 HP, 10 str, 6 skl, 11 AS, 6 def

Wolf lvl 3: 30 HP, 9 str, 3 skl, 4 spd, 15 def

Armor:

33 (34) HP

22 (23) atk

92 (93) hit

3 (4) AS

11 (12) def

0 (1) res

Thief: You know lvl 3 Thief stats by now.

Cav: One is just a basic cav with steel, but the other one has a silver lance, 26 atk, and hit above triple digits [102 to be exact]. Uh, watch out.

Archer: Same as last chapter

Mage: [Elfire]

22 HP

20 atk

91 hit

2 def

3 res

Mage lvl 3:

22 HP

92 hit

5 AS

2-4 def

3 res

Priest:

24 HP

10 HP heal

9 AS

4 def

8 res

Boss: Mariones:

42 HP

29 atk

101 hit

7 AS

14 def

3 res

No, it has not at all, make that five chapters for Cord.

Oh, sorry, you wanted to know why?

First off, Cord should have C axes by now, giving him hammer which > the armors. If for some reason he does not, he can chuck a handaxe at them and whittle off about half of their HP, setting them up for an easy kill, something I don't see Wolf doing. Against the steel lance cav Wolf is just barely getting three rounded, which, although it is an improvement over Cord getting 2 rounded, we're talking about ONE specific enemy on this map. Why just one? Because Wolf's getting two rounded by the silver lance guy, so no win vs Cord there. It's also worth mentioning that Cord's ATK lead can dispose of the cavs sooner, and thus, eliminate them from being a threat. Yes, if you have Wolf tanking them, that is helping them not be a threat, but guess who's finishing them off after they set themselves up for the kill? Hint: it's not Wolf.

There's a good deal of mages here. And Cord's better than Wolf versus that particular enemy type. More move+Killing on the counter. I admit Wolf wins slightly defensively versus the archers as well [19 HP, 9 AS]: However, that's only a three round versus a two round so he doesn't have much to brag about. Then there's the boss. Cord can kill him with hammer. Wolf can't do anything except twiddle his thumbs. Winnar: Cord.

Overall I guess it's fairly close. The rapage that is about to ensue, is not.

C6x:

Archer:

25-27 HP

16 atk iron bow, 19 atk steel bow

104 hit iron bow, 93-94 hit steel bow

9 AS

6 (7) def

...didn't their HP use to be higher? Oh well, even if it was, they'd still die in one round.

Pirate:

33 (34) HP

Iron axe: 20-22 atk, Steel 23-25, Hand 21-22

Hit: Iron 100-101, Steel 90-91, Hand 80-81

8 (9) AS

5 def

0 (1) res [....lol]

Merc lvl 1:

28 HP

18 (19) atk

91 hit

13 AS

5 def

Merc lvl 5:

31 HP

17 (18) atk

112 hit

14 AS

6 def

Mage lvl 1:

17 atk, 101 hit, 6 AS. Should die in one hit from any competent fighter. [22 HP, 2 def, 6 AS, lol]

Mage lvl 3:

Same stats basically, just 111 hit, 23 HP, and 3 res.

Boss: Bacchus

34 HP

24 atk

94 hit

10 AS

8 def

Cord probably got a level. Wolf did not, lol 12 EXP per kill. That's 9 kills until he levels. He most certainly did not get those due to his failure offense. Cord only got 1 HP from that level anyway but meh :/

Anyway, this map is loaded with pirates. And that's why Wolf is still sucking here. Any one of them with 22 or more ATK is 2RKOing him, not to mention he's poor against them offensively due to his bad skill and facing the WTD. Cord, who is neutral, has no such issue, and is 3RKOing the pirates over Wolf 4RKOing them.

It might seem like Wolf wins against mercs, but do remember that two of them are armed with armorslayers, which will one-round him. Cord is JUST avoiding a double from both of them.

Mages. We covered why Cord>Wolf against this breed of enemies. No need to do the same thing twice.

Against the boss, Wolf would like NOT to be one rounded so he is leaving that guy alone. Cord is a possible canadate for killing him. Yet another win for Cord.

And you thought that was bad...

Wyvern:

38 HP

23 atk

93 hit

15 AS

10 def

3 res

Merc lvl 3:

29 HP

20 atk

101 hit

13 AS

6 def

Merc 5:

32 HP

21 atk

102 hit

14 AS

6 def

Peg:

30 HP

19 atk

91 hit

5 def

6 res

Lvl 3 is the same, just with 1 more speed and HP. Yeah. pegs suck.

Priest has the usual.

Boss: Hermine

44 HP

30 atk

101 hit

8 AS

15 def

3 res

Wolf might or might not have gained his level here. I'll say he will to be nice. However, I'd argue Cord has gained two, since 20-ish EXP a kill means he levels up nearly twice as fast as Wolf, 5 kills vs 9.

So:

Cord 10/0: 26 HP, 11 str, 7 skl, 12 spd, 6 def

Wolf 4: 32 HP, 9 str, 4 skl, 5 spd, 16 def

Wolf doesn't win that much defensively against the wyvern, despite what you may think. 7 dmg x2 is three rounding him, and Cord has a decent enough chance to dodge. The mercs and archers are sealed off and are quite easy to set them up to attack who we want them to attack, so it's not an issue if one of them does better than them against another. Pegs are also nooblets who three round Cord, and he two rounds back. Let's ignore them as they're putzes.

The main issue here is Cavs. They're lacking stats as they're just basic cavs with Steel Lance, Ridersbane, and Javelin. Now, Wolf's epic durability makes him a natural choice to plug up the forts, but again, Cord plays a vital role in this. First, he's two rounding the cavs, something only Abel or Cain with Ridersbane can also say. Second, he's one rounding the armors, of which only also Barst can say. Wolf may help plug up those forts, but Cord's helping ridding the current nuisances on the field faster.

Then there's a boss, but here's an interesting scenario, your non-Cord options are rather limited. Barst won't double him as Cord just barely does, and you most certainly do not want him killing Barst, who WILL be two rounded. So Cord is pretty much reserved for the boss kill, as only he is one rounding the boss.

Chapter 8

Archers are back to their normal HP, in about the 30 range now, and one has a longbow, has about the same mt as steel but his hit is like, 83.

k

6 cav

4 horseman

3 armor

4 archer [ 2 lvl 5 2 lvl 3]

Cav:

31 (32) HP

22 atk

97 (9 hit

9 (10) AS

7 (8)def

0 (1) res

Archer:

29 HP

19 atk

93 hit

9 AS

6 (7) def

Archer 5:

31 HP

19 atk

93 hit

9 (10) AS

7 def

0 (1) res

Armor:

33 (34) HP

22 atk

93 hit

3 AS

11 (12) def

0 (1) res

Horseman:

34 (35) HP

17 (18) atk

97 hit

15 AS

6 def

3 (4) res

Boss: Canaris

42 HP

28 atk

105 hit

10 AS

15 def

I'll give Cord two levels, ONLY because he is pretty much entitled to the boss kill last chapter instead of "maybe" getting it while Wolf never does. Wolf's poor offense and EXP gain mashed together don't bode well for him, so I won't give him his level just yet.

12/0 Cord: 28 HP, 12 str, 7 skl, 13 AS, 9 lck, 6 def

Here's where things get REALLY good for Cord. He can now double low end cavs and archers, which will generally be a one round on both ends of the spectrum. Here's the funny part, too. He can JUUUUST survive a three round against Cavs, as Axes slash off three mt from lances. And of course he wrecks epic havoc on them with handaxe if melee range is too dangerous. AND horsemen fail to double him, and they three round him as well. Cord has officially hit ownage status, and it really shows in this chapter. Anyway, with Cord lasting three hits against most stuff, it's hard to counter the mindset that Wolf's defense lead is losing importance. Yes, there is the armors that can just two round him, but hammer cuts down the relevance of that.

Against the boss, Barst could probably kill that newbcake this time since Cord can't double him and he won't get one rounded, but Cord can still kill him while Wolf can't.

Now then, I believe this was a rather clear win for Cord.

Chapter 9

2 Thief [...STILL level 3..]

1 Priest [lvl 3]

1 Mage [lvl 3]

5 hunter [1 lvl 5 4 lvl 3]

8 Pirate [5 steel axe, 2 hand axe, one....Devil axe? OH SNAP! Devil axe guy is lvl 5, btw]

Pirates:

33-35 HP

23-24 atk (Steel), 21-22 atk (Hand), 32 atk (Devil)

90-91 hit (Steel), 80-81 hit (Hand), 121 hit (Devil)

9 AS

5 (6) def

0 (1) res

Oh yeah. And lvl 5 Devil axe guy also has 36 HP.

Hunter 3:

28 (29) HP

17 (18) atk

94 hit

11 AS (10 if they get screwed on the strength end)

3 def

0 (1) res

Hunter 5:

30 HP

18 atk

95 hit

12 AS

3 def

1 res

Mage:

22 HP

20 atk

91 hit

5 AS

2 def

3 res

Priest:

23 HP

10 HP heal

9 AS

3 def

7 res

Boss: Manuu [...Is he from planet Ork or something?]

38 HP

33 atk

101 hit

18 AS [Yeowch. You ain't doubling him, that much is certian]

11 def

5 res

2 levels for Cord, 1 level for Wolf. Yes, I know that I just gave Cord 2 levels, but he still gets a load of EXP from Horsemen whereas Wolf...doesn't get so much. I dunno how EXP is calculated but I've seen even Zag get poor EXP from a horseman kill while other guys got loads and I'm sure other have as well.

anyway

Cord 14: 30 HP, 13 str, 7 skl, 14 AS, 6 def

Wolf 5: 33 HP, 10 str, 4 skl, 5 AS [Compensation hasn't kicked in yet as he got his last spd lvl up], 17 def

Cord gets 2 rounded by even the lowest ATK hand axe guys, but he compensates for that by being able to kill them back in one round with steel. Wolf's not even doing much better than he is due to getting doubled: Three rounded by the handaxes, two rounded by the steels, ONE rounded by the devil. Not even Cord has to run that risk. Mages now get raped even harder by Cord due to his ability to One-shot them before they cause any trouble. He also handles the hunters right well as he two rounds them with handaxe and gets three rounded back.

Manuu manuu is raping Cord for sure, but hell, he's raping Wolf, too.

Chapter 10, and with it, SILVER WEAPONS. Also promoted enemies. Four of em!

Say bye bye to any hit issues enemies might have had earlier. Especially since axe users get the axe [HARDY HAR HAR HAR] right about now.

Oh yeah, and anything that ISN'T a silver is forged. Javelins, armorslayers,and whatnot all have increased Mt and hit. You're not going to see anything below triple digit hit from here on out [Except the shooters] so expect to be dodging a LOT less. Especially if you don't have an axeman handy.

2 Wyvern lvl 1

2 Peg lvl 5 [1 Silver lance, 1 Javelin]

1 Priest lvl 5

2 Archer lvl 7

1 Sniper lvl 1

1 Hero lvl 1

1 Thief lvl 9

3 Armor 2 lvl 5, 1 lvl 7

4 Cav 3 lvl 5 1 lvl 7 [ Silver lance, 1 silver sword, Lvl 7 has Javelin]

Thief: [bout time these guys got a tune up!]

30 HP

21 atk

110 hit

18 AS

4 def

Armor:

35 HP

27 atk

4 AS

12 def

0 (1) res

Oh yeah, and the lvl 7 has 37 HP, but that's the only change.

Archer:

33 HP

23 (24) atk

104 hit

10 AS

7 def

1 res

Cav 5:

33 HP

26 atk

103 hit (lance) 108 hit (sword)

9 (10) AS

8 (9) def

0 (1) res

Cav 7:

35 HP

25 atk

103 hit

10 AS

9 def

1 res

Sniper:

40 HP

23 atk

114 hit

15 AS

8 def

3 res

Wyvern:

38 HP

27 atk

103 hit

14 AS

10 def

3 res

Peg:

33 HP

23 (24) atk steel, 2 less than that for the one with the javelin

14 (15) AS

6 def

7 res

Priest:

23 HP

10 HP heal [....C'mon, STILL 10 HP? Serously?]

9 AS

4 def

7 res

Hero:

38 HP

27 atk

115 hit

17 AS

9 def

3 res

Boss: Zhukov [...That sounds Russian.]

45 HP

28 atk Jav, 30 atk silver

101 hit with either weapon

8 AS

15 def

3 res

Cord can probably have a level. He'll only get a point of strength.

Okay, now Cord is mostly getting two rounded, so Wolf's defense probably matters more than it used to, but you still have Cord's epic offense to consider amidst all of this. Cavs, Armors, and archers are all one rounded. Pegs are two rounded. Handaxe is still dealing a crapton of counter-free damage. Cord's only really undisputed win is the Hero, who one rounds Wolf due to armorslayer and just misses doubling Cord, and, of course, the boss, though Barst can likely take the kill this time due to him being able to double the boss.

Still, while Wolf's tanking baits enemies to be set up for kills, Cord is also doing the same. Handaxe some punk, and finish him. Have him one round something with steel and heal him, if your healer has nothing better to do. Cord is helping sweep up kills just as much as Wolf is.

And of course, Silver Axes become buyable in this chapter, see where I'm going with this?

C11. I'll stop right about here. I just wanted to get to Silver Axes.

Cav:

34 HP

27 atk, 2 less for javelins

103 hit

10 AS

8 (9) def

0 (1) res

Merc:

32 HP

25 atk

112 hit

14 AS

6 (7) def

0 (1) res

Lvl 5 has 1 less HP, str, and def

Shooter 1:

33 HP

24 atk

52 hit [lol]

6 AS

12 def

Shooter 3:

36 HP

10 atk [res hit]

82 hit

6 AS

13 def

Peg:

34 HP

22 atk

102 hit

15 AS

6 def

7 res

Sniper:

40 HP

26 atk

124 hit

16 AS

8 def

3 res

Horseman:

33 HP

22 atk

107 hit

15 AS

6 def

3 res

Boss: Shozen

38 HP

32 atk

102 hit

18 AS

13 def

5 res

Level for Cord, level for Wolf.

Cord: 31 HP, 14 str, 8 skl, 15 AS, 6 def

Wolf: 35 HP, 11 str, 6 skl, 6 AS, 17 def [Again, compensation hasn't kicked in yet since this is the first time Wolf has missed a def level up]

Okay...cavs are lol with Silver now intact. He breaks even on mercs, 2 rounds them but gets two rounded. Same with pegs and everything except Snipers, really.

He's probably the only one in your squad h4x enough to avoid being double attacked by Shozen...so this is another kill he's likely to get.

It's hard to argue against Wolf winning this chapter because getting two rounded...well, sucks. Although, what about the other units in your army? Cord's helping make them die less just as much as Wolf is. For one, we just bought a load of Silver Weapons, which should be enough to finish something off after Cord chucks a handaxe with it. Two, he laughs in the faces of cavs and shooters on his own. Three, Wolf still isn't invincible, the sniper and thunderbolt shooter can hit him pretty hard. I'm not at all convinced this is a total shutout for Wolf.

I'll get into more details as we go about mid-lategame because this one post was just ridiculously way too long.

Even Cord at his worst is contributing much more than Wolf is earlygame. Despite being rather meh in C2 [Lol, worse than Bord] this is a chapter where even failures like Gordin and Draug are welcome due to the fact that we have to use everybody still alive.

I wouldn't toss Wolf around so much. Granted his joining chapter isn't as great as Cord's is, this doesn't mean he's useless. Pegs and Peg reinforcements can at least be taken on with his access to Bows, and the only thing he has to fear when being counterattacked is on the Enemy Phase or Javelins.

But yeah, I'll agree that Wolf's joining chapter is pretty light-weight. But this isn't scratching Cord out either since he has to build a rank and not having access to ranged weapons when most of the cast does draws a small negative toward him.

Then we have that Cord becomes quite "not suck" in C4.

Cord lvl 5: 22 HP, 9 str, 6 skl, 10 AS, 6 lck, 5 def

Now, I'll admit the sword cavs DO slow him down a touch, but there's only two of them so it's not a huge deal. There's also the two theives, but he can hit everything else even with Hand fairly well [He should have 60-ish displayed on guys with lances] Offensively he's 3RKOing most non-cav stuff and 2RKOing armors, which is pretty good in comparison to the rest of your guys not named Jagen. If you want to argue lvl 5 is too high, it won't damage him enough that he cannot 2RKO anything at lvl 4.

Oh I wouldn't deny it too much. Cord starts at Level 2 and can at least... do... something to the boss I guess. With lolbarelybreaking 50% hit rating. I'd say 4 is a bit more fair for him though, but since it seems it won't affect it much, fine by me.

Chapter 5. Wolf's here, sure. He also sucks, losing to Cord in every possible parameter and getting stuck in a position where he is easily killed. He's even losing defense since Cord has the WTA playing in his favor even more dominantly before [Kiss the few swords and axes in C4 goodbye] and he cannot reclass into Horseman yet, nor can he get 1-2 range. You'd be silly to even dispute that Cord is raping Wolf with a 10 foot pole here.

He's a Horseman already. Lawl. But fine, let's point out something else:

He's definitely not doing so well on his end of the spectrum, but notice that Cord's buddies are near him too. Wolf's side is really light-weight and has lack of weapons. This doesn't mean Wolf is quite useless. He can at least damage enemies from a distance to help Hardin out. Then, assuming someone can be warped there, then his joining chapter isn't as much of a headache. But, to argue against Cord doing nothing is pretty bad.

So that's four chapters Cord is winning.

I wouldn't quite say that he's "winning" because he still needs to build a rank, gets doubled by Hyman, cannot wield Devil Axe possibly at that point, and finally C4 he's at least got his Hand Axe by then. So I'd say that he's winning for two chapters, maybe a 1/2 if he can get D Rank in Axes halfway through C3.

Let's see if C6 has changed this situation at all.

Cord lvl 7: 24 HP, 10 str, 6 skl, 11 AS, 6 def

Wolf lvl 3: 30 HP, 9 str, 3 skl, 4 spd, 15 def

No, it has not at all, make that five chapters for Cord.

Oh, sorry, you wanted to know why?

First off, Cord should have C axes by now, giving him hammer which > the armors. If for some reason he does not, he can chuck a handaxe at them and whittle off about half of their HP, setting them up for an easy kill, something I don't see Wolf doing.

Wolf could also be the one luring the Armor Knight in, which Cord cannot easily afford to do. You'll see why below, but Wolf here has the advantage of pulling them in so it's easier on your team. Him not being 2RKOed seems like a blessing in comparison to Cord and co. dying in two shots.

Against the steel lance cav Wolf is just barely getting three rounded, which, although it is an improvement over Cord getting 2 rounded, we're talking about ONE specific enemy on this map. Why just one? Because Wolf's getting two rounded by the silver lance guy, so no win vs Cord there.

Oh wow one Cav. Some of them have Steel anyway, and if he isn't being 2RKOed, that's still an improvement for Wolf here.

It's also worth mentioning that Cord's ATK lead can dispose of the cavs sooner, and thus, eliminate them from being a threat. Yes, if you have Wolf tanking them, that is helping them not be a threat, but guess who's finishing them off after they set themselves up for the kill? Hint: it's not Wolf.

You seem to be undermiming Wolf drawing in these units. You said so yourself: Cord is being 2RKOed. Usually a Cavalier is followed by an Archer. Who can survive both assualts now. Hint: it's not Cord.

And him drawing them in means less damage for the team and an easier time for units to deal with them. We can have Wolf chip them slightly with a Steel Lance on the Enemy Phase, someone attacks the Cavalier from a distance, then someone sneaks in and finishes him off upclose. Or from a distance, if possible. Then we can have good ol' Wolf walk up toward the Archer and dent him, then repeat the process, etc. He'll need a healing, but at least he can survive a double assualt, which is difficult for the team to do already.

There's a good deal of mages here. And Cord's better than Wolf versus that particular enemy type. More move+Killing on the counter. I admit Wolf wins slightly defensively versus the archers as well [19 HP, 9 AS]: However, that's only a three round versus a two round so he doesn't have much to brag about. Then there's the boss. Cord can kill him with hammer. Wolf can't do anything except twiddle his thumbs. Winnar: Cord.

Mages aren't raping Wolf either. Well, more than Cord anyhow. Actually, Wolf here is easier to heal. Notice that Wolf has 2 Res and 30 HP, and the Mages have roughly 20 Atk. So, Wolf is left with 13 HP while Cord is left with lol4. Now, Wolf here is easier to heal because of that. Then don't forget Wolf can at least damage them on the counter with his lovely Javelin.

As far as Cord killing the boss, kkfine. Can't really argue on that either.

Overall I guess it's fairly close. The rapage that is about to ensue, is not.

I guess in this comparison, you said Cord has a win for 5 chapters, but I'd argue that Cord doesn't have a win here. If anything, Wolf has a lead on Cord here because he can tank Player Phase and Enemy Phase or two Enemy Phases. The sole exception being the boss and the Cavalier with a Silver Lance.

C6x:

Cord probably got a level. Wolf did not, lol 12 EXP per kill. That's 9 kills until he levels. He most certainly did not get those due to his failure offense. Cord only got 1 HP from that level anyway but meh :/

Wolf also gets CEXP just by chipping at them. Assuming you can plow this in ~12 turns, it takes about 8-9 CEXP to gain a level, which I think he should get since he can stay on the Enemy Phase better than Cord can at times and still has Player Phase to make use of himself. Also consider he can get a little CEXP from C5, which should guarantee that level up by now, meaning that he's gained a shitton of things from that level up.

Anyway, this map is loaded with pirates. And that's why Wolf is still sucking here. Any one of them with 22 or more ATK is 2RKOing him, not to mention he's poor against them offensively due to his bad skill and facing the WTD. Cord, who is neutral, has no such issue, and is 3RKOing the pirates over Wolf 4RKOing them.

This really is bad for Wolf, and normally I'd attempt to argue Hero Wolf on this chapter, but since the constraint was pure General...

It might seem like Wolf wins against mercs, but do remember that two of them are armed with armorslayers, which will one-round him. Cord is JUST avoiding a double from both of them.

Can't deny this other than Hero, which again is dissallowed.

Mages. We covered why Cord>Wolf against this breed of enemies. No need to do the same thing twice.

Actually Wolf > Cord due to being able to take two assualts easier than Cord does (taking the healing into account).

Against the boss, Wolf would like NOT to be one rounded so he is leaving that guy alone. Cord is a possible canadate for killing him. Yet another win for Cord.

Bah not even a level here can compensate it. Two could've, but of course sandbag me the level in C6. Fine.

And you thought that was bad...

Wolf might or might not have gained his level here. I'll say he will to be nice. However, I'd argue Cord has gained two, since 20-ish EXP a kill means he levels up nearly twice as fast as Wolf, 5 kills vs 9.

So:

Cord 10/0: 26 HP, 11 str, 7 skl, 12 spd, 6 def

Wolf 4: 32 HP, 9 str, 4 skl, 5 spd, 16 def

Wolf doesn't win that much defensively against the wyvern, despite what you may think. 7 dmg x2 is three rounding him, and Cord has a decent enough chance to dodge

I don't think so. Avoid here is tough to argue because unless you're seeing under 50% hit rates (which I seriously doubt), then you can't really brag such a thing, so it's very likely Cord is taking a hit. Being weak to bows also works in Wolf's favor now. I'm going to say he's closing into C Rank in Lances and D Rank in Bows, but even an Iron Bow can do some damage. Probably not on these guys, but the next ones surely.

The mercs and archers are sealed off and are quite easy to set them up to attack who we want them to attack, so it's not an issue if one of them does better than them against another

Well, there is that one with a Longbow and it's safer to throw Wolf into the flock than Cord here. I'd say he had two levels which helps this out by now, but fine fine. WTA helps Wolf on the Mercenaries a tad bit.

Pegs are also nooblets who three round Cord, and he two rounds back. Let's ignore them as they're putzes.

Ignore them? These putzes do about 6 damage per round, meaning Wolf here is being 6RKOed and he too can 2RKO them back thanks to Bows. Advantage: Wolf.

The main issue here is Cavs. They're lacking stats as they're just basic cavs with Steel Lance, Ridersbane, and Javelin. Now, Wolf's epic durability makes him a natural choice to plug up the forts, but again, Cord plays a vital role in this. First, he's two rounding the cavs, something only Abel or Cain with Ridersbane can also say.

And Wolf. Having a C Rank in Lances by now should be out of the question. And because of this, he can do something more useful: plug a hole on the space where they start spawning and help distribute CEXP around. Why plug a hole when we can bring them up close and have them finished by ranged units? Wolf here is doing us a favor by doing that; he doesn't have to sit on a fort.

Second, he's one rounding the armors, of which only also Barst can say.

The Armors shouldn't be a concern if you're out of their range, which is very possible.

Wolf may help plug up those forts, but Cord's helping ridding the current nuisances on the field faster.

Pends on the situation. Wolf here can draw them in easier and allow the Cavs to come up close to him, then having everyone at range finish them off. Wolf should be wielding a Ridersbane soon, so him 2RKOing shouldn't be totally out of the quesiton.

Then there's a boss, but here's an interesting scenario, your non-Cord options are rather limited. Barst won't double him as Cord just barely does, and you most certainly do not want him killing Barst, who WILL be two rounded. So Cord is pretty much reserved for the boss kill, as only he is one rounding the boss.

On the contrary, one could pit Barst and end the turn, have him chip the General on the Enemy Phase, then finish him off on the Player Phase. Also, Armorslyer Oguma and Rapier Marth can leave an interesting scenario too, so Cord here isn't reserved for the boss kill.

I'll give Cord two levels, ONLY because he is pretty much entitled to the boss kill last chapter instead of "maybe" getting it while Wolf never does. Wolf's poor offense and EXP gain mashed together don't bode well for him, so I won't give him his level just yet.

Oh? Now here's a rather interesting problem: because of his better utility on the Enemy Phase, we're suddenly nixing out a level? Remember how dense the enemies are? Remember "Wolf, plug that hole!"? He can do all that. Cord cannot. Cord's likely picking off the kills Wolf here is setting up for him, so saying Wolf doesn't get a level here is pretty mean on your part. I'm going to assume that he does on the other hand, which gives him +1 in most stats anyway, except +2 for HP.

Here's where things get REALLY good for Cord. He can now double low end cavs and archers, which will generally be a one round on both ends of the spectrum. Here's the funny part, too. He can JUUUUST survive a three round against Cavs, as Axes slash off three mt from lances.

Actually 2. Only the A Rank can slush out a 3, so he's being 2RKOed anyway. Too bad Wolf here speaks differently. ^_^

And of course he wrecks epic havoc on them with handaxe if melee range is too dangerous. AND horsemen fail to double him, and they three round him as well.

2 Level for Wolf is not out of the question, where he gets 34 HP / 17 Def. Horseman can't even dent him! Archers with their pansy 19 Atk do so little to him, and Cavs with their 22 Atk 4RKO him at worst (if they can't double his 6 AS they do far worse). As for 2RKOing, there's also the Ridersbane that is available to Wolf by now, and denying that at this point is out of the question.

Cord has officially hit ownage status, and it really shows in this chapter. Anyway, with Cord lasting three hits against most stuff, it's hard to counter the mindset that Wolf's defense lead is losing importance.

Again, they only lose 2 Def since Cord hitting A Status in Axes is a difficult call. Cord being 3RKOed barely matters when we can send Wolf + another unit and choke the Cavalier / Horseman reinforcements as well as Armor Knight reinforcements and just about laugh all day. Once again, "Wolf, choke the hole!", and watch all the enemies flock to Wolf, only to find out they can't even destroy him. Pity Cord can't choke that well since if he doubles some of the Cavs, it's game over.

Yes, there is the armors that can just two round him, but hammer cuts down the relevance of that.

K. There's only a sparse amount of Armor Knights anyway except reinforcements.

Against the boss, Barst could probably kill that newbcake this time since Cord can't double him and he won't get one rounded, but Cord can still kill him while Wolf can't.

Or anyone that can wield Armorslayer / Hammer / Rapier / Magic at this point. Where's Heavy Spear.

Now then, I believe this was a rather clear win for Cord.

Not quite. Notice that Cord being 2-3RKOed and Wolf being 4RKOed at worst means Wolf can last longer on the frontlines. Due to Cord sometimes doubling, he can't do something Wolf can do: choke a hole. Now before you get all hellbent on "why should we stay around longer?", it's for the reason that your buddy Cord can actually get his two levels. While Wolf is defending the onslaught of Armor Knight / Cavalier / Horseman reinforcements, Cord and co. can pick off the enemies that Wolf at least dented a bit. Wolf being able to tank is doing us favors here: we can stick around longer and collect more CEXP so that everyone can rape. Cord may be able to kill off some Cavs, but him being 2-3RKOed constantly doesn't help. Meanwhile, Wolf here takes little damage and suffers a 4RKO at worst. If anything, Wolf's Def parameters is helping the team a whole lot, since Wolf isn't being a major CEXP hog and is helping out chip units. And if he needs to kill something, so be it.

2 levels for Cord, 1 level for Wolf. Yes, I know that I just gave Cord 2 levels, but he still gets a load of EXP from Horsemen whereas Wolf...doesn't get so much. I dunno how EXP is calculated but I've seen even Zag get poor EXP from a horseman kill while other guys got loads and I'm sure other have as well.

Here's the deal: Wolf and Zagaro gain around 7 CEXP at worst per hit (I believe), so it takes 12 hits to gain a level (maybe 13 at times). Granted they won't get a whole lot from killing units such as Horseman, but chipping and staying around when others cannot is why they can gain CEXP so well. They don't have to retreat to a healer constantly and can choke holes so everyone else can gain CEXP. So, I want to say Wolf gained two levels if possible to compensate for the 1 that you didn't give, which I believe Wolf getting it isn't that big of a deal if he gains that much CEXP per hit.

Cord 14: 30 HP, 13 str, 7 skl, 14 AS, 6 def

Wolf 6: 35 HP, 12 str, 6 skl, 6 spd, 18 def. This is the correction I made.

Cord gets 2 rounded by even the lowest ATK hand axe guys, but he compensates for that by being able to kill them back in one round with steel.

So, in other words, he cannot survive two assualts on the Enemy Phase by two of these guys. Fan-freaking-tastic.

Wolf's not even doing much better than he is due to getting doubled: Three rounded by the handaxes, two rounded by the steels, ONE rounded by the devil.

Correction: 3 Levels in 4 1/2 chapters isn't begging for a whole helluva lot, and granted that Wolf gets this he's doing much better now due to not being doubled. He can also hit these guys with a Bow, or just use a Javelin. It doesn't matter though: Wolf getting 6 AS isn't difficult in the first place.

Not even Cord has to run that risk.

How?

Mages now get raped even harder by Cord due to his ability to One-shot them before they cause any trouble.

K, so he gets 1-2 mages. But still on the factoid of taking damage: Wolf has advantage here.

He also handles the hunters right well as he two rounds them with handaxe and gets three rounded back.

Wolf is barely dented and can 2RKO them back anyway with a Javelin.

Manuu manuu is raping Cord for sure, but hell, he's raping Wolf, too.

Well, both can fight from a distance.

Cord can probably have a level. He'll only get a point of strength.

I'll just be kind and agree Wolf didn't get one.

Okay, now Cord is mostly getting two rounded, so Wolf's defense probably matters more than it used to, but you still have Cord's epic offense to consider amidst all of this.Cavs, Armors, and archers are all one rounded.

Now is when Wolf really matters. Somewhere during this time he should be getting around 7 Spd, so him being doubled is difficult to say. While Cord is ORKOing, he must take a counterattack and will likely be incapable on the Enemy Phase. Wolf here has the chance of taking (IIRC) two assualts on the Enemy Phase provided he's just luring the first set of Cavs close. This means Wolf can get a jump on some early chip damage. In return, Wolf with the Steel Lance has 22 Atk, then there's the Silver Lance possibility which gives him 26 Atk to toss around. He can at least 2RKO most things with the Silver Lance, so it's not like Cord has this major victory. Him ORKOing can also be seen as a bad situation if the Enemy Phase pops up and he gets targeted by two units. Wolf at least has no problems with this.

Pegs are two rounded.

Steel Bow has 30 Atk on Pegs, so a small forge can actually turn this into a ORKO (like +2 Mt).

Handaxe is still dealing a crapton of counter-free damage. Cord's only really undisputed win is the Hero, who one rounds Wolf due to armorslayer and just misses doubling Cord

The Hero is easy picking because he's behind a wall here. So, as long as you don't unlock it like a good boy would, this shouldn't be a problem.

and, of course, the boss, though Barst can likely take the kill this time due to him being able to double the boss.

Or Armorslayer / Hammer / Rapier / Magic anybody.

Still, while Wolf's tanking baits enemies to be set up for kills, Cord is also doing the same. Handaxe some punk, and finish him. Have him one round something with steel and heal him, if your healer has nothing better to do. Cord is helping sweep up kills just as much as Wolf is.

Ah, a weakness. Here Wolf doesn't need that Healer oh-so-soon. If he flings his Javelin on the Player Phase, he can take two (possibly 3) assualts on the Enemy Phase. This is a big boon for Wolf, as he requires less from the healer as Cord does. As soon as Cord gets hit, he must be healed to survive the Enemy Phase. If Wolf gets hit, he can take one more hit before begging for a heal.

And of course, Silver Axes become buyable in this chapter, see where I'm going with this?

Silver Lances were buyable a chapter ago.

C11. I'll stop right about here. I just wanted to get to Silver Axes.

Level for Cord, level for Wolf.

Cord: 31 HP, 14 str, 8 skl, 15 AS, 6 def

Wolf: 35 HP, 11 str, 6 skl, 6 AS, 17 def [Again, compensation hasn't kicked in yet since this is the first time Wolf has missed a def level up]

...He should be Level 7 by now, possibly 8. Wolf by Level 8 has 18 Def, so I unno. I'm thinking Level 8 is quite possible at this point, but w/e.

Okay...cavs are lol with Silver now intact. He breaks even on mercs, 2 rounds them but gets two rounded. Same with pegs and everything except Snipers, really.

He's probably the only one in your squad h4x enough to avoid being double attacked by Shozen...so this is another kill he's likely to get.

Mercs aren't doing a lot either because they lose 3 (maybe 4 Atk) on Wolf, and them doubling him shouldn't be a major issue when you have a major buff in HP and Def. Cavs shouldn't double him, and he too can survive the Mamkute boss IIRC. Sitting on a fort at least. He can also be one of the few units to charge toward the Shooters, but of course the entire team should approach him.

It's hard to argue against Wolf winning this chapter because getting two rounded...well, sucks. Although, what about the other units in your army? Cord's helping make them die less just as much as Wolf is. For one, we just bought a load of Silver Weapons, which should be enough to finish something off after Cord chucks a handaxe with it.

Silver Lance Wolf has about 26 Atk. I don't think they're really going to be boding with this well. 27 perhaps if we struck A.

Two, he laughs in the faces of cavs and shooters on his own.

So does Wolf for the most part.

Three, Wolf still isn't invincible, the sniper and thunderbolt shooter can hit him pretty hard. I'm not at all convinced this is a total shutout for Wolf.

The Thunderbolt does the same damage to Cord, and the Sniper (assuming 18 Def) 3RKOes him, assuming he doesn't Crit.

I'll get into more details as we go about mid-lategame because this one post was just ridiculously way too long.

No kidding. But I guess your second post will cover that, right? Other than the slight sandbagging on levels (which I somewhat understand with it being confusing, but he should be gaining a decent amount just chipping the enemies. Even the boss chip he gains 10 free CEXP).

• 2 weeks later...

We seriously need to get to midgame, so I'm not going to counter a portion of Colonel's argument if I feel I've already sufficiently done so earlier.

He's definitely not doing so well on his end of the spectrum, but notice that Cord's buddies are near him too. Wolf's side is really light-weight and has lack of weapons. This doesn't mean Wolf is quite useless. He can at least damage enemies from a distance to help Hardin out. Then, assuming someone can be warped there, then his joining chapter isn't as much of a headache. But, to argue against Cord doing nothing is pretty bad.

Okay, perhaps useless was an overstatement. He's still getting destroyed by Cord in every single parameter.

I wouldn't quite say that he's "winning" because he still needs to build a rank, gets doubled by Hyman, cannot wield Devil Axe possibly at that point, and finally C4 he's at least got his Hand Axe by then. So I'd say that he's winning for two chapters, maybe a 1/2 if he can get D Rank in Axes halfway through C3.

Okay...? He's still there in C2 and C3. Those aren't his best chapters. But just existing in those chapters makes you useful as everybody is forced into them. He's useful in C2 and C3. Wolf does not exist in C2 and C3, so he is not useful. Point: Cord. Just because he's not epicly awesome doesn't mean he's not helping out.

Wolf could also be the one luring the Armor Knight in, which Cord cannot easily afford to do. You'll see why below, but Wolf here has the advantage of pulling them in so it's easier on your team. Him not being 2RKOed seems like a blessing in comparison to Cord and co. dying in two shots.

Wolf pulls the enemy in. Cord finishes it. For Wolf's luring to be of any use at all, he needs other units to follow up on his attacks. Cord is one of these major contributors as his offense is basically the best in the game.

Oh wow one Cav. Some of them have Steel anyway, and if he isn't being 2RKOed, that's still an improvement for Wolf here.

Right back at you: "Oh wow one cav." There's only one other one on the map that's not swinging around a silver. 1 silver and 1 steel.

Mages aren't raping Wolf either. Well, more than Cord anyhow. Actually, Wolf here is easier to heal. Notice that Wolf has 2 Res and 30 HP, and the Mages have roughly 20 Atk. So, Wolf is left with 13 HP while Cord is left with lol4. Now, Wolf here is easier to heal because of that. Then don't forget Wolf can at least damage them on the counter with his lovely Javelin.

Yes, he can damage them on the counter, but he's still not eliminating them on the spot like Cord is. Also, you were looking at Zag's stats. Wolf has 1 res. So he's left with 12 HP, which is...still not good as most things will be able to finish him off with that. By the way, Lena's Mend doesn't really have much of an excuse to not still be intact.

If anything, Wolf has a lead on Cord here because he can tank Player Phase and Enemy Phase or two Enemy Phases. The sole exception being the boss and the Cavalier with a Silver Lance.

I'm not getting how you see that Wolf's player phase is all that great as he still doesn't want to get into anybody's face on his own as he can still be killed rather easily. It's mainly his enemy phase that sells him here whereas Cord's player phase is epic and his enemy phase is not so much.

Wolf also gets CEXP just by chipping at them. Assuming you can plow this in ~12 turns, it takes about 8-9 CEXP to gain a level, which I think he should get since he can stay on the Enemy Phase better than Cord can at times and still has Player Phase to make use of himself. Also consider he can get a little CEXP from C5, which should guarantee that level up by now, meaning that he's gained a shitton of things from that level up.

Okay fine he can get CEXP in C5, but since his stats are so blah and he deals so little damage, he's not getting much. You also have to factor in since Wolf is going to spend a lot of time javelin/iron bowing, he's prone to missing and thus gaining 0 EXP.

I don't think so. Avoid here is tough to argue because unless you're seeing under 50% hit rates (which I seriously doubt), then you can't really brag such a thing, so it's very likely Cord is taking a hit. Being weak to bows also works in Wolf's favor now. I'm going to say he's closing into C Rank in Lances and D Rank in Bows, but even an Iron Bow can do some damage. Probably not on these guys, but the next ones surely.

There's also terrain [You have to bait this guy anyway so there's no penalty to just planting Cord on a forest] which doesn't hurt his chances. Sure, Iron Bow helps, but Cord being able to counter-damage the wyvern helps even more.

Well, there is that one with a Longbow

Yes, but again, they're blocked by a door, so manipulating them into targeting who you want them to target is an easy task, especially if that target is "no one".

Ignore them? These putzes do about 6 damage per round, meaning Wolf here is being 6RKOed and he too can 2RKO them back thanks to Bows.

Yes, he can 2RKO them with bows, but then he also runs the risk of being a sitting duck on the enemy phase. Cord can two round them and still be good to go.

And Wolf. Having a C Rank in Lances by now should be out of the question.

23 rounds of combat in two chapters, one of which he seriously sucks in [axes everywhere kill lances hit]? Yes, I agree, it is out of the question. Never mind that he still has to share the ridersbane with those two.

Why plug a hole when we can bring them up close and have them finished by ranged units?

Who's to say they'll attack Wolf? They'll just as easily go after Cord or Barst or Jagen or somebody else that got hurt on the enemy phase who hasn't been healed yet. And if you let too many enemies run loose, that's exactly what's going to happen.

The Armors shouldn't be a concern if you're out of their range, which is very possible.

erm, hate to break this to you, but...

You kind of HAVE to get into the armors range sooner or later. Look. They're completely obstructing your way to the throne and are very close to the forts. You're going to bump into them sooner or later, and Cord is there to make quick work of them when you do.

On the contrary, one could pit Barst and end the turn, have him chip the General on the Enemy Phase, then finish him off on the Player Phase. Also, Armorslyer Oguma and Rapier Marth can leave an interesting scenario too, so Cord here isn't reserved for the boss kill.

The problem with Rapier Marth is that he's liable to get ORKOd unless he gained a crap ton of HP/Def. He needs to be level 10 to pull it off, a scenario I don't see him doing realistically. He's also not going to double, that much is guaranteed. [11 AS at lvl 10, need 12 to double him]

Ogma will fall short of one rounding him too, 19x2 with Armorslayer will leave him with 8 HP left. The main issue that arises with not one rounding him is that you risk getting killed if your next strike misses. Cord has the least chance of getting killed.

Barst won't double him, and has to land BOTH hammer strikes to kill the boss.

Cord doubles him, will one round if both of his strikes land, and can afford to miss a shot on either phase.

Yes, Ogma and Barst can do it too. But Cord's your absolute safest bet.

Actually 2. Only the A Rank can slush out a 3, so he's being 2RKOed anyway. Too bad Wolf here speaks differently.

Hm...I could swear I've seen 3 less dmg while using an axe without being at A axes, but I could just be going nuts.

As for 2RKOing, there's also the Ridersbane that is available to Wolf by now, and denying that at this point is out of the question.

Indeed. Now there's a totally different issue altogether: That the one Ridersbane we have up until C13 is likely used up by now.

Cord being 3RKOed barely matters when we can send Wolf + another unit and choke the Cavalier / Horseman reinforcements as well as Armor Knight reinforcements and just about laugh all day.

Clogging up the forts altogether is a much wiser move, really, as if Wolf chokes the hole against too many enemies, he might get swarmed and bite off more than he can chew. Oh ya, and what about the other guy choking the hole? Did his safety suddenly not matter? You need more than one unit to choke the hole, and if you do that instead of plugging up the forts, then the other clogger not named Wolf is liable to die.

Or anyone that can wield Armorslayer / Hammer / Rapier / Magic at this point. Where's Heavy Spear.

K? Cord can still kill the boss. Wolf cannot. This is an undisputable win for Cord.

Ah, a weakness. Here Wolf doesn't need that Healer oh-so-soon. If he flings his Javelin on the Player Phase, he can take two (possibly 3) assualts on the Enemy Phase. This is a big boon for Wolf, as he requires less from the healer as Cord does. As soon as Cord gets hit, he must be healed to survive the Enemy Phase. If Wolf gets hit, he can take one more hit before begging for a heal.

I counter with the fact that Cord chucking handaxes at peeps for solid damage, counter-damage free, allowing somebody to sweep in for the kill damage-free means that your healers have to do less healing, meaning they can devote more time to healing more units, so again, this is another instance of Cord helping the team's durability.

and he too can survive the Mamkute boss IIRC. Sitting on a fort at least.

It's still far too risky as Wolf will not one round the boss back, and the Sniper could possibly finish him too [26 ATK and WILL double Wolf, plus he might Crit him too, since he has a killer bow and will have two chances] so no, fort or no, bad idea.

So does Wolf for the most part.

Wolf's not damn near one rounding them with his 1-2 range weapon.

and the Sniper (assuming 18 Def) 3RKOes him, assuming he doesn't Crit.

The sniper has enough ATK to pick him off if Shozen attacks him. Also, that sniper's running pretty solid crit rates. 30-something before Wolf's luck[i didn't record his skl]

anyway, midgame shit

Wolf easily wins at C13 due to being a tank, Cord easily wins at C15 due to doing better against mages due to one rounding mages back in one round and dying in the same number of hits, prolly one-shotting them with silver at melee, blahblahblah blade roll

20/1 Fighter>Hero Cord:

36 HP, 17 str, 21 AS, 10 def, 3 res

12 Wolf:

46 HP, 17 str, 10 AS, 23 def, 1 res

Horseman 6:

36 HP

22 atk

108 hit

16 AS

6 (7) def

3 res

Horseman 8: [Forged killer bow]

37 HP

23 atk

118 hit

16 AS

7 def

4 res

Wyvern:

42 HP

Atk: 26 Poleax, 27 Horseslayer, 28 Silver Lance

103 hit

16 AS

11 (12) def

4 res

Hero:

40 (41) HP

28 atk, 19 Thunder sword [Res hit]

115 hit, 126 Thunder Sword

17 (1 AS

10 def

3 res

Cav 6:

34 HP

26 atk [Horseslayer]

104 hit

11 AS

8 def

1 res

Cav 8: [2 Jav 1 silver sword]

35 (36) HP

28 atk [26 Javelin]

109 hit [105 Javelin]

11 AS

9 def

1 res

Cav 10: [1 Armorslayer, 1 Horseslayer]

37 HP

27 atk

105 hit (110 Armorslayer)

11 (12) AS

10 def

1 res

Paladin:

43 HP

29 atk

107 hit

15 AS

10 def

7 res

General:

45 HP

29 atk

106 hit

9 AS

15 def

4 res

Priest:

25 HP

10 HP heal [Reserve]

10 AS

4 def

9 res

Thief:

30 HP

22 atk

111 hit

19 AS

3 def

Boss: Holsard

50 HP

31 atk [Forged Killer Lance. And bow.]

113 hit

10 AS

17 def

3 res

These alone illustrates that Cord is now spanking Wolf. ORKOing EVERYBODY here with Silver axe, well, except the theif, anyway, but he can whip out Hauteclere or something to do so. Also, there's a few armorslayers here, which means Wolf may actually be in trouble durability wise. How's Cord holding up? He's running 3HKOs on everybody here, which is quite good. Then as usual his handaxe utility is helping bail your other guys out, freeing up turns for your healers and in turn giving less enemies on the map to deal with, also increasing Cord's own durability ...Oh, and with Barst support plus A axes, his avoid is now helping to back up his solid concrete defense [there's quite a lot of forests for Cord to exploit here, too]

If I were you, I wouldn't argue past midgame, actually, as Cord just keeps winning more, and more, and more, and more...etc.

Okay, perhaps useless was an overstatement. He's still getting destroyed by Cord in every single parameter.

Until he reclasses into a General, then Cord gets destroyed in HP / Def parameters, two key parameters that no one but Zagaro can brag, may I add.

Wolf pulls the enemy in. Cord finishes it. For Wolf's luring to be of any use at all, he needs other units to follow up on his attacks. Cord is one of these major contributors as his offense is basically the best in the game.

The thing is that Cord's situation could've been "name X unit". Either way, point for Wolf.

Yes, he can damage them on the counter, but he's still not eliminating them on the spot like Cord is. Also, you were looking at Zag's stats. Wolf has 1 res. So he's left with 12 HP, which is...still not good as most things will be able to finish him off with that. By the way, Lena's Mend doesn't really have much of an excuse to not still be intact.

Rena's Mend Staff could've been used in C4 and 5, but there's probably slivers of it remaining unless you used Heal most of the time. Just makes Wolf that much better since he's a cheaper resource with a Heal staff.

I'm not getting how you see that Wolf's player phase is all that great as he still doesn't want to get into anybody's face on his own as he can still be killed rather easily. It's mainly his enemy phase that sells him here whereas Cord's player phase is epic and his enemy phase is not so much.

Most of the action can happen on the Enemy Phase thanks to Wolf though. Even though he can't survive a fuckton of things just yet, Wolf here is pulling through pretty easily. Wolf having a good Enemy Phase means he can go without as stellar of a Player Phase.

Okay fine he can get CEXP in C5, but since his stats are so blah and he deals so little damage, he's not getting much. You also have to factor in since Wolf is going to spend a lot of time javelin/iron bowing, he's prone to missing and thus gaining 0 EXP.

Same with Cord and missing. Pulling a C is rather iffy, but a Level 7 Cord with C rank has about 78 Hit before Avoid is calculated, which usually ranges in the 8-10 range (barring Armor Knights, but screw them). Cord has a decent chance to miss. Granted, so does Wolf, but there are times Cord can pull 0 CEXP as well.

As for damage output, Javelin's 15 Atk isn't that stellar, though due to his stout Def and at least being able to take one more round of combat, he can afford to bring out a Steel Lance, which has +2 Atk, to do a bit more damage. As for hit rates, we're talking about 70% before Avoid is calculated. It's definitely a difference, but just to show that Cord isn't pulling it much better. Keep in mind with Cord that Hit rate is with WTA.

There's also terrain [You have to bait this guy anyway so there's no penalty to just planting Cord on a forest] which doesn't hurt his chances. Sure, Iron Bow helps, but Cord being able to counter-damage the wyvern helps even more.

It depends. These Wyverns have pretty good Def on them (38 HP / 10 Def). With WTA taken into account, Cord with a Steel Axe pulls 11 damage. It's not bad, though keep in mind that there are also Pegasi which can bypass terrain, thus inching his chances of survival. In this case, Cord would have the upper hand of being about to counterattack, but Wolf can still pull decent daamge with the bow without taking a counterattack. He can use the Steel Lance on the Enemy Phase (it won't do much, but it'll do about 9 damage at the very least (1 Level at worst + C Rank). Then on the Player Phase, Cord whips out a Hand Axe and does 9 damage, while Iron Bow Wolf does 14 damage and Steel Bow Wolf does 23 damage. Either way, Wolf will win in damage output both Player Phase and Enemy Phase put together.

Yes, but again, they're blocked by a door, so manipulating them into targeting who you want them to target is an easy task, especially if that target is "no one".

Or "Wolf", who can take the damage easily thanks to WTA on the Mercenaries and the LongBow Archer having lolsame as Mercs with WTD. Wolf will ultimately win this one.

Yes, he can 2RKO them with bows, but then he also runs the risk of being a sitting duck on the enemy phase. Cord can two round them and still be good to go.

Pending on the situation, Wolf could've used his Steel Lance on the Enemy Phase in the first place, then whip the Bow out on the Player Phase. It's not like Wolf doesn't have the option of 1-2 range.

23 rounds of combat in two chapters, one of which he seriously sucks in [axes everywhere kill lances hit]? Yes, I agree, it is out of the question. Never mind that he still has to share the ridersbane with those two.

In that case, it would've solidified the Bow rank. As for Lances, he could've flung a Javelin from time to time and still reap WEXP, so a C Rank is, correct, out of the question (as in okay I have it). As for Ridersbane, why would he share it with any unit but Zagaro, who has to face... oh yeah, a Ridersbane Cavalier. Most of your units but the tanking Gods can surive a random Steel weapon + Javelin assualt.

Who's to say they'll attack Wolf? They'll just as easily go after Cord or Barst or Jagen or somebody else that got hurt on the enemy phase who hasn't been healed yet. And if you let too many enemies run loose, that's exactly what's going to happen.

If you've forgotten, you can choke the hole with two units. Assuming Zagaro is one of those, Wolf can choke the other. This means the biggest fear Cord, Barst, or Jagen have to face is the Javelin units. You can easily adjust Wolf and Zag away from it the line in the picture, thus lessen the amount of units charging into you.

One can easily stall that time. Armors won't approach you if you're on that line of scrimage. You have to come within their range, which isn't necessary until the reinforcements are gone. Then, Armors can be approached. Point is you can easily make it so you face Cavs then Armors instead of giving the team a major headache with bunch of Cavs + Armors.

The problem with Rapier Marth is that he's liable to get ORKOd unless he gained a crap ton of HP/Def. He needs to be level 10 to pull it off, a scenario I don't see him doing realistically. He's also not going to double, that much is guaranteed. [11 AS at lvl 10, need 12 to double him]

1 Level per chapter and this is Chapter 8. You think him not getting to Level 10 is likely? I claim bullshit on that, especially since 90% of the bosses are weak to Rapier in the first place. If he hits Level 11, he has a 50% chance to double the boss as well. Dunno where this confusion comes from.

Ogma will fall short of one rounding him too, 19x2 with Armorslayer will leave him with 8 HP left. The main issue that arises with not one rounding him is that you risk getting killed if your next strike misses. Cord has the least chance of getting killed.

The boss can be approached by 3 frontline units. If you're left with 8 HP, then why the hell does it matter? Rapier Marth isn't that innacurate and neither is Hammer Barst (74 base Hit with WTA - 23 with Avoid = 51 displayed or 52.47 True). This is taken without supports, so Barst would have a much higher Hit rate (about 5-15 range since we're axing Bord). Without supports, Cord is being a lot more innacurate in this scenario, so either way it could require more than one unit to kill the boss.

Barst won't double him, and has to land BOTH hammer strikes to kill the boss.

So does Cord, who has about the same hit rate as Barst does. He has the better chance to kill, but we can still waste the boss on the Player Phase in one turn (Mage + 3 frontliners, it's all possible).

Yes, Ogma and Barst can do it too. But Cord's your absolute safest bet.

I wouldn't say "absolute safest bet", but can be one of the 4 units that can help kill him off. More like a semi-failsafe.

Hm...I could swear I've seen 3 less dmg while using an axe without being at A axes, but I could just be going nuts.

Only A Rank can bend down -1 Atk. It's the dumbest mechanice I've ever heard of.

Indeed. Now there's a totally different issue altogether: That the one Ridersbane we have up until C13 is likely used up by now.

Fine by me. Steel Lances and Javelins are still doing damage to these things, so the loss of Ridersbane isn't that big of a deal.

Clogging up the forts altogether is a much wiser move, really, as if Wolf chokes the hole against too many enemies, he might get swarmed and bite off more than he can chew. Oh ya, and what about the other guy choking the hole? Did his safety suddenly not matter? You need more than one unit to choke the hole, and if you do that instead of plugging up the forts, then the other clogger not named Wolf is liable to die.

How you can do this strategy is simple: Zag and Wolf can swap around and take turns taking the hits, thus lessening the chance of dying. The one that retreats goes to get healed, and the healed unit goes back and fights another day. Clogging the holes is difficult because the reinforcements will spawn if you get close and I don't know a whole lot of units that can take 3 Cavs + Horseman or w/e the reinforcement is. Case in point: Wolf would be the best to clog the forts anyway, so either way Wolf gets +1.

I counter with the fact that Cord chucking handaxes at peeps for solid damage, counter-damage free, allowing somebody to sweep in for the kill damage-free means that your healers have to do less healing, meaning they can devote more time to healing more units, so again, this is another instance of Cord helping the team's durability.

It's not like Wolf isn't helping the team either. Him being one of the few units being attacked on the Enemy Phase constantly means only he has to be healed. I can't shove Cord against more than one unit. Cord isn't out of the equation entirely, but Wolf can walk up and survive another round on the Enemy Phase, sometimes more pending on the situation.

It's still far too risky as Wolf will not one round the boss back, and the Sniper could possibly finish him too [26 ATK and WILL double Wolf, plus he might Crit him too, since he has a killer bow and will have two chances] so no, fort or no, bad idea.

It's unlikely to face both at once anyway. Mamkute's 6 move and 1 range against Sniper's 7 Mov and 2 Range, meaning Wolf can at least succomb to the Sniper one turn, fling the Javelin, then Player Phase get healed, have someone charge at the Sniper, then pit Wolf against the Mamkute.

Wolf's not damn near one rounding them with his 1-2 range weapon.

Cord's not damn near being 3RKOed either. So what if Wolf can't one round with 1-2 range? I don't see Cord lasting forever on the field in the first place.

The sniper has enough ATK to pick him off if Shozen attacks him. Also, that sniper's running pretty solid crit rates. 30-something before Wolf's luck[i didn't record his skl]

Can you really name any better unit to take the hit?

20/1 Fighter>Hero Cord:

36 HP, 17 str, 21 AS, 10 def, 3 res

12 Wolf:

46 HP, 17 str, 10 AS, 23 def, 1 res

These alone illustrates that Cord is now spanking Wolf. ORKOing EVERYBODY here with Silver axe, well, except the theif, anyway, but he can whip out Hauteclere or something to do so. Also, there's a few armorslayers here, which means Wolf may actually be in trouble durability wise. How's Cord holding up? He's running 3HKOs on everybody here, which is quite good. Then as usual his handaxe utility is helping bail your other guys out, freeing up turns for your healers and in turn giving less enemies on the map to deal with, also increasing Cord's own durability ...Oh, and with Barst support plus A axes, his avoid is now helping to back up his solid concrete defense [there's quite a lot of forests for Cord to exploit here, too]

So let's explain Wolf's advantages that Cord could never dream of.

Wolf here is only doubled by some of the promoted units, but they're doing damage pitifully in many areas. His 46 HP / 23 Def allows him to comfortably sit on a Fort and easily absorb the incoming damage, meaning he's easy as hell to plug the situation. With Horseman, forget about taking damage altogether. According to your statistics on C16, only one unit appears to have an Armorslayer. Even so, the 39 bonus damage (assuming that the forge is equal to 13 Mt like Silver Lances) still can't ORKO him (it does ~30 damage), meaning that he has 16 HP left to tank everything around him. Since most units sit on around 22-26 Atk (28 Atk is Silver Sword but drops to 24 Atk due to WTD) he can easily survive impacts. Only real fears are Wyverns (which should be dead by now but Wolf is closing into Silver Bows which plop a ORKO on them (54 Atk vs. 42 HP / 11-12 Def). As for other offense, he has full access to Ridersbane, meaning that he's doing excellent Player Phase damage on the Cavailers and Paladin as well. The least amount of damage you should see with Ridersbane Wolf is 33 while everyone's HP is within 34-37 (Paladin is 43), meaning that barring the Paladin we're left with single digits (Paladin is 10 HP). On top of immunity to almost every assualt, I can't see how Wolf would be losing against Cord except in ORKOes, which despite Wolf not bragging, Cord can't brag near-immunity to a lot of assualts.

If I were you, I wouldn't argue past midgame, actually, as Cord just keeps winning more, and more, and more, and more...etc.

BB, I thought you of all people would never claim this, so I will.

Let's just zoom to C20. Before that, we can go over that 17 a win would go to Wolf due to access of Dragon Lance, 17X is piss easy but Wolf's Def vs. Cord's offense, 18 has a lot of chokepoints and Wolf is almost never dying except with constant Armorslayer assualts, and finally C19 Wolf takes those Heroes Atk stats and push them toward 0 damage, so win for Wolf.

Now, let's just give the benefit of a doubt that Cord is about 20/10 and Wolf is about... we'll say --/18, though I'd say Wolf could close in to Level 20 by this point, if not 1 chapter sooner.

Cord - 42 HP, 20 Str, 25 AS, 12 Def, 3 Res

Wolf - 55 HP, 22 Str, 13 AS, 29 Def, 1 Res

You want to talk about Cord's lategame? How about I talk about Wolf's lategame. Wolf here takes 0 damage. Period. Nevermind that Camus here can't even 2RKO Wolf which is beyond impressive. Other than him, only the Shooter with Pachyderm can actually dent Wolf with his 36 Atk, which is an 8RKO. Cord here is 2RKOed even by this thing. Cord's Avoid isn't 100% reliable. Granted it's pretty good, he still has the issue of what happens when WTA takes into the Paladin's place with his Sword, thus increasing the Sword Paladin's Atk pretty high. It won't ORKO Cord, but it will do some hefty damage. It's true Cord can ORKO most things with a Silver Axe, but notice the 50 HP / 12 Def Paladin. Cord can't ORKO him (about 4 HP left). Meanwhile, Ridersbane Wolf has about 48 Atk on any Paladin whatsoever, so though he cannot ORKO the Paladins, he can clearly 2RKO them. As for OHKOing them on the spot, it takes about +3 Mt on the Ridersbane to kill the 46 HP / 11 Def ones. The 50 HP / 12 Def I'd say is about off-limits.

C21, forget about it. There's Wyverns and Paladins everywhere, so get ready to make use of those Silver Bows as well, which brags about 60 Atk alone. Forget about it, Wolf ORKOes most, if not all Wyverns easily. (46-47 HP, 12-13 Def). Cord, despite WTA, can't do so hot on these things. Silver Axe can ORKO some of the low end Def DracoKnights, but the 13 Def ones are off-limits. Even so, a combination of 47 HP | 12 Def Wyvern can't be ORKOed by Cord. C23, most look good except maybe with the Wyverns and their 50 HP | 13 Def! Adding +1 Mt to the Silver Bow will flat out ORKO them, while Cord takes about +3 Mt. C22 actually has a decent win for Wolf for one reason: he's going to absorb most of the Swarm attacks, which can't even 2RKO him. A combination of Swarm + Thoron can't ORKO Wolf while Cord is at risk. C24 has those nasty Mamkutes, but I'd say Wolf wins. The highest end Fire Mamkute can't even 2RKO him (41 Atk vs. 55 HP / 29 Def, 24 damage per round). The Mage Mamkutes can't ORKO him, but do 2RKO. Not that Cord is doing much better on the latter end (22 Atk per hit, so a 2RKO). Wolf's damage output would be higher here with his weapon due to the higher Str and Mt (then consider Cord not building up on Swords much). Wolf has 48 Atk with the Dragon Lance while Cord has about 42 Atk with the Wyrmslayer. Most Fire Mamkutes have about 50-54 HP, 16-18 Def. Wolf can easily 2RKO the 52 HP | 18 Def combination (the other is 54 HP | 17 Def), while Cord is 3RKOing. Advantage, in the end: Wolf.

So, I don't get what you're saying by "Cord is winning lategame". Look to me like "Wolf is wtfraeping Cord's ass lategame" due to his stout Def, excellent HP stat, and good Str to back up with his powerful weapons. The only time Cord isn't 2RKOed is if it's something stupid like 2 Pegasi in the first place, and against Paladins he has to worry if his Avoid gets cut a bit with the Sword variety. He misses out on some ORKOes and in the Mamkute's case 2RKOes. Wolf does at times, but he still challenges Cord to his concrete durability, an advantage so great that few can brag it. Everyone has offense, but few have durability, thus making Wolf more special than Cord altogether.

Edited by Colonel M

• 4 weeks later...
Until he reclasses into a General, then Cord gets destroyed in HP / Def parameters, two key parameters that no one but Zagaro can brag, may I add.

Lest you forget, that statement was about chapter 5, i.e no General bonuses for Wolf. Yes, Wolf gets his bonuses in the next chapter. That doesn't change the fact that right now he doesn't have them in chapter 5, which makes chapter 5 a very clear win for Cord.

The thing is that Cord's situation could've been "name X unit". Either way, point for Wolf.

Out of all of those units, though, Cord is the best choice as his offense is the best in the game.

Rena's Mend Staff could've been used in C4 and 5, but there's probably slivers of it remaining unless you used Heal most of the time.

I'm aware of this, you know. 16 uses still don't get flushed down the crapper just like that. Especially when you can make a bunch of failure combat units curates running around with heal staves. Two heal staves will often be enough to get a unit back up to full HP, so this means Rena has less mending to do, and thus, will not burn through the staff as quickly. Hell, Rena can be one of our heal staffers.

Most of the action can happen on the Enemy Phase thanks to Wolf though. Even though he can't survive a fuckton of things just yet, Wolf here is pulling through pretty easily. Wolf having a good Enemy Phase means he can go without as stellar of a Player Phase.

That's not the issue I had with this statement. You claimed that Wolf had an great player phase, when in reality it's the total opposite.

Same with Cord and missing. Pulling a C is rather iffy, but a Level 7 Cord with C rank has about 84 Hit before Avoid is calculated, which usually ranges in the 8-10 range (barring Armor Knights, but screw them). Cord has a decent chance to miss. Granted, so does Wolf, but there are times Cord can pull 0 CEXP as well.

k. His chances of hitting still>Wolf's at this point, and 8-10 range still is 74 at worst which is...86.74 real, which is pretty damned good.

As for damage output, Javelin's 15 Atk isn't that stellar, though due to his stout Def and at least being able to take one more round of combat, he can afford to bring out a Steel Lance, which has +2 Atk, to do a bit more damage. As for hit rates, we're talking about 70% before Avoid is calculated. It's definitely a difference, but just to show that Cord isn't pulling it much better. Keep in mind with Cord that Hit rate is with WTA.

Cord can pull out a steel axe too, though, and now he's raping Wolf in offense all over again.

As for hit, well, 86 real was cool already, now it's even higher.

It depends. These Wyverns have pretty good Def on them (38 HP / 10 Def). With WTA taken into account, Cord with a Steel Axe pulls 11 damage. It's not bad, though keep in mind that there are also Pegasi which can bypass terrain, thus inching his chances of survival. In this case, Cord would have the upper hand of being about to counterattack, but Wolf can still pull decent daamge with the bow without taking a counterattack. He can use the Steel Lance on the Enemy Phase (it won't do much, but it'll do about 9 damage at the very least (1 Level at worst + C Rank). Then on the Player Phase, Cord whips out a Hand Axe and does 9 damage, while Iron Bow Wolf does 14 damage and Steel Bow Wolf does 23 damage. Either way, Wolf will win in damage output both Player Phase and Enemy Phase put together.

Yeah, Wolf can whip out a bow, but guess who's allowing him to use it by baiting the wyvern? That 15 AS the Wyvern has? That's going to double a good deal of your army, cavs included. Like 2 guys aren't: Cord and Ogma [Julian is probably going to get one-shotted] and Cord deals much better counter damage than Ogma, AND he allows Wolf to blick the dracoknight on the enemy phase. So once again, Cord comes into play just as much as Wolf does, if not more, as many other people can blick the wyvern, but Cord is like, one of three people that doesn't get one rounded by him [And him attacking Cord over Wolf is preferable since, you know, moar counter damage, and Wolf's in a better position to finish him]

As for the pegs...we're offing this schmuck in one turn anyway so they really shouldn't come into play if you're smart.

Or "Wolf", who can take the damage easily thanks to WTA on the Mercenaries and the LongBow Archer having lolsame as Mercs with WTD. Wolf will ultimately win this one.

I never disputed Wolf had a win against the mercs.

I'm arguing how much that win matters since those enemies [okay, maybe the longbow guy might be a pain in the butt, but you can just plan your way around him, too, since his range is still restricted] are easily positioned to fight against and will not attack until provoked.

Pending on the situation, Wolf could've used his Steel Lance on the Enemy Phase in the first place, then whip the Bow out on the Player Phase. It's not like Wolf doesn't have the option of 1-2 range.

Cord doesn't even need to use his melee weapon, though: He's 2RKOing these guys with handaxe no matter what. By the way, the issue witht he above strategy is that it doesn't take into account that the pegs are playing with javelins, meaning Wolf is still a sitting duck if he equips the steel lance, the pegs just chuck their spear at him instead of stabbing him in the face with it.

Yes, it's not like Wolf doesn't have 1-2 range, but it's not like that damage is any good [lol, 3RKO on 30 HP-5 def pegs]

As for Ridersbane, why would he share it with any unit but Zagaro, who has to face... oh yeah, a Ridersbane Cavalier. Most of your units but the tanking Gods can surive a random Steel weapon + Javelin assualt.

The cavs can just whoosh in and whack that guy with their own ridersbane after he's been softened by 2-range. It's not like they're totally defenseless against him.

And you've just admitted he can't use Ridersbane in this chapter anyway due to not getting 23 rounds of combat so soon, so Abel and Cain having it>Nobody having it.

If you've forgotten, you can choke the hole with two units. Assuming Zagaro is one of those, Wolf can choke the other. This means the biggest fear Cord, Barst, or Jagen have to face is the Javelin units. You can easily adjust Wolf and Zag away from it the line in the picture, thus lessen the amount of units charging into you.

I don't really consider it efficient to just wait for enemy waves over and over even if we do have a foolproof way to deal with them when they come, so meh, whatever you say.

One can easily stall that time. Armors won't approach you if you're on that line of scrimage. You have to come within their range, which isn't necessary until the reinforcements are gone. Then, Armors can be approached. Point is you can easily make it so you face Cavs then Armors instead of giving the team a major headache with bunch of Cavs + Armors.

Yeah. But since they have forged javs, their range extends alllll the way to bordering on that fort [lower and right tiles] That's hindering a LOT of space to move your guys around so they can deal with cavs, and they're probably gonna 2RKO you if you make one step into that territory. So no, I'd much rather get these guys the hell off the map ASAP.

1 Level per chapter and this is Chapter 8. You think him not getting to Level 10 is likely? I claim bullshit on that, especially since 90% of the bosses are weak to Rapier in the first place. If he hits Level 11, he has a 50% chance to double the boss as well. Dunno where this confusion comes from.

No, he's only going to double if he hits 11. That, and factor in the boss's WTA and Marth's kind of weak strength...and it doesn't end well. I calculated that he's only dealing 8 dmg x2 to the boss and that's IF he doubles, which is a 3RKO.

The boss can be approached by 3 frontline units. If you're left with 8 HP, then why the hell does it matter? Rapier Marth isn't that innacurate and neither is Hammer Barst (74 base Hit with WTA - 23 with Avoid = 51 displayed or 52.47 True). This is taken without supports, so Barst would have a much higher Hit rate (about 5-15 range since we're axing Bord). Without supports, Cord is being a lot more innacurate in this scenario, so either way it could require more than one unit to kill the boss.

Then there's the issue of Oguma missing and he's even more inaccurate than Hammer Barst due to the WTD. For this plan to work, you have to rely on 3 50~ chances hitting, and did I mention Barst is fucked with a 10 foot pole if he misses? Either way, the odds of that happening are like, 12~, and that's way too freaking risky.

So does Cord, who has about the same hit rate as Barst does. He has the better chance to kill, but we can still waste the boss on the Player Phase in one turn (Mage + 3 frontliners, it's all possible).

Yeah. But Cord has two cracks at doing it. Plant him in front of the boss with the hammer and end the turn. Let the boss attack him, but make sure Cord's supports are nearby. If for whatever reason both of Cord's 70-ish hit rates on him missed, heal him up quickly and try again. The odds of more than two 82% real chances missing out of four attacks...are pretty low. Even if you can't heal Cord to the point where he won't get counter-killed, the odds of missing one out of three aren't much higher.

Only A Rank can bend down -1 Atk. It's the dumbest mechanice I've ever heard of.

Yeah, I know what I did. I was using a hero and swapped his weapons. Never mind that one bit.

How you can do this strategy is simple: Zag and Wolf can swap around and take turns taking the hits, thus lessening the chance of dying. The one that retreats goes to get healed, and the healed unit goes back and fights another day. Clogging the holes is difficult because the reinforcements will spawn if you get close and I don't know a whole lot of units that can take 3 Cavs + Horseman or w/e the reinforcement is. Case in point: Wolf would be the best to clog the forts anyway, so either way Wolf gets +1.

If you know where the reinforcement point is, a cav will have just enough move to get to one of the points. Hell, you could reclass some schmuck into Cav or Peg just for the purpose of blocking the forts. Note that a list of "some schmuck" could easily include generics.

It's not like Wolf isn't helping the team either. Him being one of the few units being attacked on the Enemy Phase constantly means only he has to be healed. I can't shove Cord against more than one unit. Cord isn't out of the equation entirely, but Wolf can walk up and survive another round on the Enemy Phase, sometimes more pending on the situation.

If Wolf "constantly has to be healed", well, he's not doing his job very well. And fine, Wolf has a better enemy phase: That doesn't cancel out the fact that Cord has a better player phase, and don't even think about pulling out the usual Enemy phase>Player phase argument since epic player phase actually has weight in FEDS since we actually care about avoiding counters, and you aren't one rounding everything on the counter attack causing enemies to suicide against you. By the way, since you just conceded to the point Wolf is actually in danger of dying since he "has to be healed", then he most certainly appreciates the fact that he has one less enemy to endure after Cord chucks a handaxe at said enemy.

It's unlikely to face both at once anyway. Mamkute's 6 move and 1 range against Sniper's 7 Mov and 2 Range, meaning Wolf can at least succomb to the Sniper one turn, fling the Javelin, then Player Phase get healed, have someone charge at the Sniper, then pit Wolf against the Mamkute.

Pit Wolf against the Mamkute...and do what, exactly? Do a piddling amount of damage with a javelin or a slightly less piddling amount with a Silver and then taking a crap load of damage back? With a high-critical high-speed sniper still snooping around the field along with a mamkute with a good amount of HP left?

Yeah yeah yeah, I know you said chuck a javelin at him, but this sucker's way to fast to get doubled by anybody [lol16AS] and he is PRETTY damned durable [40 HP/8DEF] so...it's going to take more than a potshot with a javelin and an attack from somebody else to take him down...and then you still have a full health Mamkute to worry about...

Cord's not damn near being 3RKOed either. So what if Wolf can't one round with 1-2 range? I don't see Cord lasting forever on the field in the first place.

What does this have anything to do with...anything? Epic offense is just as hard to come across as epic durability, and it's every last bit as valuable. Earlygame you're not one rounding, period. Midgame, like, at promotion, which is where the easy mode button gets slammed for 90% of FE games...does get easier, but you still can't really say you're one rounding consistently unless your name is Cord. Wolf's tanking ability isn't even unique: Zag, Daros, Dolph/Draug [Hunter>General setup], Bord, Kashim, etc etc can all become tink tanks at one point or another. Starting at promotion, Cord is the ONLY character in the game who can one round consistently after promotion.

Oh, and before I get nagged to prove that Cord is the only consistent one rounder at promotion [although I'd suspect everybody knew this anyway]

17 str/21 AS on promotion. Nobody else in the game can even compare to this kind of offensive prowess at the same level.

Can you really name any better unit to take the hit?

Our merry band of generics could swarm and wall them and whittle them down a bit before our more offensive guys finish what's left.

Hey, I just found another form of substitution for Wolf's durability: Generics. Meatwalling is a rather excellent form of defense: Especially the generic generals.

However, since the generics have crappy stats, this means crappy offensive parameters, so even with silvers, they can NEVER replicate Cord's offensive powers.

wall of text that states how great Wolf's durability is

That's great except, you know, I never contested the fact Wolf's never dying ever.

I noticed you mentioned that Wolf can "deal heavy damage to the cavs": Exactly. There is a very big difference between "killing" and "one rounding".

Then there's also the issue of Wolf not even being able to come close to Cord's offense on anything not on a horse, nor can Wolf ever compare to Cord's chip damage since...Wolf can't double.

Oh yeah, and a durability lead is subjective when you aren't dead that often in the first place. While it's true that Cord will need to retreat to get healed or something more often than Wolf, it's also true that Cord getting 3RKOd on a map where his avoid will actually come into play due to supports and WTA equates pretty much to he's not dying unless you're an idiot and kamikaze him or something.

Let's just zoom to C20. Before that, we can go over that 17 a win would go to Wolf due to access of Dragon Lance

Hold the damn phone, getting an effective bonus against two enemies suddenly equates an auto-win now? Never mind that this map is semi-mage heavy, and fairly armor-heavy: Cord stomps both of these pests much easier than Wolf is able to. Mages because he can one round with a handaxe on the counter, and armors...for obvious reasons [effective boost]

and finally C19 Wolf takes those Heroes Atk stats and push them toward 0 damage, so win for Wolf.

Yeah, this is also way too much of a generalization for me. You didn't address the decent number of mages on this map, which Cord wins against as I've stated why several times already, you didn't mention that Cord can double the heros and can either one round them with silver or deal heavy damage to them with hand so someone else can finish damage-free...

Wolf here takes 0 damage. Period. Nevermind that Camus here can't even 2RKO Wolf which is beyond impressive.

What are we even doing allowing any unit in a position where they can be hit by Camus TWICE, again? I get what you're trying to illustrate by bringing this up, but still...

Cord here is 2RKOed even by this thing.

He's 2RKOd by something which a couple fliers and maybe Jake or Beck kill on turn 1? Osnap?

It's true Cord can ORKO most things with a Silver Axe, but notice the 50 HP / 12 Def Paladin. Cord can't ORKO him (about 4 HP left).

You're the one who always says 75 Poleaxe uses are more than enough: I don't see the problem with forking a few over to Cord, especially since these are like the only enemies he needs it on.

Meanwhile, Ridersbane Wolf has about 48 Atk on any Paladin whatsoever, so though he cannot ORKO the Paladins, he can clearly 2RKO them. As for OHKOing them on the spot, it takes about +3 Mt on the Ridersbane to kill the 46 HP / 11 Def ones. The 50 HP / 12 Def I'd say is about off-limits.

Which, speaking of, would you agree that giving a weapon to One hit kill to a unit who actually takes damage from the counterattack is less favoritism than giving it to a unit who doesn't take damage on the counterattack, seeing as how Cord actually cares he's eating a counter whereas Wolf couldn't give less a shit? Excellent, then you agree that Cord has just a big a claim, if not bigger, to a Poleax forge as Wolf does a Ridersbane forge.

C21, forget about it. There's Wyverns and Paladins everywhere, so get ready to make use of those Silver Bows as well

Stop there. Stop RIGHT there. Are you seriously advocating that Wolf is actually going to get to B rank when he doesn't want to touch a bow ever again after he hits immunity status, as doing so doesn't do anything except harm overall efficiency?

Wolf has bows for one reason and one reason only: As a reliable earlygame backup should javelin not suffice, and for a few earlygame fliers. No way in hell we're sitting around letting Wolf take 60~ potshots just so we can nuke stuff with Silver Bow. Absolutely no way.

Before you jump on me saying this defeats the point of my earlier argument that a good player phase actually matters: That's just it, Wolf's player phase isn't in any way or shape of form good, ESPECIALLY not with bows. Bows are actually useful in FEDS because most people with them can double...Wolf's not one of these people. So yeah, please justify to me exactly why the hell we're favoring Wolf by letting him get random potshots which don't do a damn thing except fuck up our entire system?

Here's the biggest problem with this: How the hell can somebody tank viably when they can't counter melee?

Even so, a combination of 47 HP | 12 Def Wyvern can't be ORKOed by Cord. C23, most look good except maybe with the Wyverns and their 50 HP | 13 Def! Adding +1 Mt to the Silver Bow will flat out ORKO them, while Cord takes about +3 Mt.

Okay, let's play along for a second and pretend that Wolf getting B Bows isn't a ridiculously absurd thought.

Not only does the Silver Bow cost significantly more than a Silver Axe [500 disparity] +2 Extra MT would be a hilariously trivial additional cost considering that the Silver Bow's higher innate value is already cutting said extra cost.

Just letting ya know.

C22 actually has a decent win for Wolf for one reason: he's going to absorb most of the Swarm attacks, which can't even 2RKO him. A combination of Swarm + Thoron can't ORKO Wolf while Cord is at risk.

Oh wow, one more hit..sometimes only MAYBE one more hit. Actually killing mages in one round beats that any day of the week.

C24 has those nasty Mamkutes, but I'd say Wolf wins.

Cord can't double...so fine, conceded.

So, I don't get what you're saying by "Cord is winning lategame". Look to me like "Wolf is wtfraeping Cord's ass lategame" due to his stout Def, excellent HP stat, and good Str to back up with his powerful weapons.

Read my counters and I think you'll see exactly what I'm saying: Particularly the part where Wolf getting 3RKOd isnt much worse than total immunity.

The only time Cord isn't 2RKOed is if it's something stupid like 2 Pegasi in the first place

2rko? Son, you're exaggerating.

using C18 as an example:

Horseman 6:

37 HP

22 (23) atk

109 (110) hit

18 AS

5 (6) def [...wow]

2 (3) res

Horseman 8:

1-2 more HP. ...Yeah.

Paladin:

44 (45) HP

30 atk silver lance, 29 horseslayer, 28 javelin

108 hit

16 AS

8 (9) def

5 res

Cav 8:

39 (40) HP

30 atk [2 less for javs]

107 hit

12 AS

8 (9) def

0 (1) res

10s have 1 more HP, AS, and hit.

Priest:

27 HP

11 HP heal, fortify

12 AS

5 def

9 res

Boss: (Sylvester) Stallone:

44 HP

34 atk

110 hit

17 AS

11 def

6 res

20/5 Cord: 39 HP, 11 def

4HKO on the Horseman. Just barely 3RKOd by cavs/paladins. And he can actually dodge them due to WTA. So no, braves are the only time he ever gets 2RKOd on promotion.

an advantage so great that few can brag it.

Ridiculous offensive parameters like 21 AS/17 STR on promotion which can be gathered in a reasonable timeframe [sorry Katria, love you and all, but you just come too damn late] is an advantage so great NOBODY can brag it. Unless your name is Cord. As mentioned earlier, people can actually compare to Wolf defensively.

Everyone has offense, but few have durability, thus making Wolf more special than Cord altogether.

Reiterating: Everyone has offense, but nobody has offense as good as Cord's, and Wolf has many possible replacements such as Zag, Daros, HunterGeneral Draug/Dolph, whereas you can never duplicate Cord's sheer strength, which makes him notably more special than Wolf.

• 3 months later...