Help With Patching/Hacking??

lucky48910

Um hello everyone, I am not completely new here, but im not oh so popular either.

My friend and i were discussing about how we could change things in fire emblem. I did some research and see that it is possible with all of these patches and hacks. I searched around this site trying to find out how to make one but i still feel confused/not sure.

I am thinking of like changing the characters and classes and the maps.

I am planning on using FE7 if this is possible.

Also, is this extreemely difficult? Or something that a common person could catch on to quickly.

Thanks!

*Edit*

I was also planning on changing up the dialouge a little bit.

Edited by lucky48910

Basically, you should look for a program called Nightmare. This allows you to edit a Fire Emblem rom.

Then, you look for different Modules, which allow you to edit specific parts of a rom: i.e. chapter maps, classes, characters, etc.

You should also look for a text editor while you're at it.

I'm doing the same, but for Fe8...

it fails. D:

With some tutorials, you just get the 'hang' of it, you know? :D

Roxas, when i typed nightmare program fire emblem in google, many different versions came up. Just get the latest? Any other programs i need?

I'm pretty sure the latest works fine, and if I remember correctly, the modules and readme were bundled with it in the same .zip file.

Okay i got everything i needed.

I am using pukachi class editor but i can not for the life of me figure out which character it works on. Any help?

I hit apply changes/restart and nothing happens

Edited by lucky48910

Um Ill try, i am using pukachis class editor.

Trying to change Lyndis into a female shaman.

I have tried going to the next stage, restarting a stage, and starting from the prolouge and nothing seems to work when i hit apply.

-Also, just realized this is in the wrong section. Sorry

I haven't used the particular editor, but it lets you change someone's class? I don't think that sounds right, but then again I haven't tried it ^^;;;

Do you have the Chapter Unit Editors (aka CUEs)? You can definitely change classes from there- but make sure to look out for multiple instances of the same character (eg. for different modes, events).

After doing that, restarting the chapter where the character first appears should do the trick.

Um okay ill try that. I am using the Nightmare program. Ill try it your way. Does it have to be an enemey character? or just anyone who comes out. Does it work if they join on the 1st turn?

Last question i hope. Do i just use nightmare and have the rom open and hit apply? or do i have to do something else to make it work?

I has just tried the CUE for prolouge and chapter 1 trying to change either lyn or Kent. Im kind of confused.

Mind posting a step by step tutorial or linking me to one?

*edit*

Didnt want to tripple post but here is the name of the module im using in Nightmare

FE7 Class editor by pukachi midified by arck the GK and nintenlord

I am not really sure how to use it though.

Edited by lucky48910