Magic problems!

Effective damage doubles weapon might, which wind tomes have very little of. A wind tome on a flyer has the same might as thunder, while elwind on a flyer only has 1 more might than elthunder.

Anyways, I recommend keep using wind until promotion. At promotion, all your weapon levels go to D, so it's kind of a waste to level fire/thunder before promotion. After promotion, use whatever you want.

Anyways, I recommend keep using wind until promotion. At promotion, all your weapon levels go to D, so it's kind of a waste to level fire/thunder before promotion. After promotion, use whatever you want.

Yeah, the thing is, I want high level (i.e. Tornado, Bolganone, Thoron etc.) Magic.

That will be easy to do with overwise sucky Wind, but the Better Magic will still be just as hard to level up to A or so, got any suggestions for getting them to that level?

Yeah, the thing is, I want high level (i.e. Tornado, Bolganone, Thoron etc.) Magic.

That will be easy to do with overwise sucky Wind, but the Better Magic will still be just as hard to level up to A or so, got any suggestions for getting them to that level?

Trying to get Soren to reach A weapon level in magic other than wind? That'll be tricky. You could try boss abusing with other kinds of magic sometimes or using the arms scroll. He is fine with his wind magic honestly.

Why? Just forge Soren weapons. A forged thunder has 9 Atk, that's a mere 1 less Atk than thoron. It has the same MT as Bolganone and more than Tornado. It also weighs less than any of those too. I fail to see how a high level spell is better than a simple forge.

I agree with kirsche, the only reason not to use forged thunder is that it requires use of a forge, but if you're actively using Soren it's worth it. The high Wt of the upper rank tomes combined with Soren's low Str is not a good combination, if you want to use higher ranked times go for Callil.

You should use both Ilyana and Soren are the best mages.

Ilyana is the best IMO, she dodges way more than Soren. You also should make them use Staff, so they can heal themselves.

Actually, having them use knives isn't recommended, at all.

You don't gain weapon levels fast enough with tomes to justify using another one. So unless you want to keep forging yourself good stuff, just stick with what you're given.

Unless you bring that mage in every chapter that is.

Why? Just forge Soren weapons. A forged thunder has 9 Atk, that's a mere 1 less Atk than thoron. It has the same MT as Bolganone and more than Tornado. It also weighs less than any of those too. I fail to see how a high level spell is better than a simple forge.

Better animations. They are, if not novelty weapons.

Trying to get Soren to reach A weapon level in magic other than wind? That'll be tricky. You could try boss abusing with other kinds of magic sometimes or using the arms scroll. He is fine with his wind magic honestly.

Good point, but I don't like Wind much, but I've already stuck to it this PT.

Well, fair enough then.

I agree with kirsche, the only reason not to use forged thunder is that it requires use of a forge, but if you're actively using Soren it's worth it. The high Wt of the upper rank tomes combined with Soren's low Str is not a good combination, if you want to use higher ranked times go for Callil.

Again, good point.

Wow, a lot of peoples like Callil, it's rare to see a prepromo get so much love!

Also, next time, I'm thinking of using Ilyana/Tormod/Both, thoughts?

Sure, but why ain't you using Soren? Because he uses wind magic? Aw well. Or do you mean all three? Well I know that Tormod is useful and levels up rather easily. Ilyana is also pretty good I guess. Careful on chapter 9 (the chapter after you recruit her) even with shade she got one rounded by a myrmidon due to my lack of attention -_-. Try killing off the ravens that come on chapter 13 with Ilyana (using wind), they give good exp.

Wow, a lot of peoples like Callil, it's rare to see a prepromo get so much love!

Not really, Titania/Stefan/Haar/Geoffrey/Calill are all quite good.

Yes on Tormod, but a no on Ilyana. She's kinda bad. Tormod ends better IMO.

Tormod gets slightly better, stats wise, except in Res, but he joins stupidly late and stupidly under-levelled... Ilyana is fairly easy to raise and joins early, so she's got more overall worth IMO.

Sure, but why ain't you using Soren? Because he uses wind magic? Aw well. Or do you mean all three? Well I know that Tormod is useful and levels up rather easily. Ilyana is also pretty good I guess. Careful on chapter 9 (the chapter after you recruit her) even with shade she got one rounded by a myrmidon due to my lack of attention -_-. Try killing off the ravens that come on chapter 13 with Ilyana (using wind), they give good exp.

I AM using Soren, I thouhgt of using someone else next run as a change.

Ah, I see, thanks.

Not really, Titania/Stefan/Haar/Geoffrey/Calill are all quite good.

Yes on Tormod, but a no on Ilyana. She's kinda bad. Tormod ends better IMO.

Tormod gets slightly better, stats wise, except in Res, but he joins stupidly late and stupidly under-levelled... Ilyana is fairly easy to raise and joins early, so she's got more overall worth IMO.

Again, thakns for all this input everyone!