Hello, so my NES bit the dust...

Aether7

Greetings!

I was out of touch with the console gaming world for quite some time, since childhood really. I'm now 30 married with kids, and my old NES bit the dust last year, plug fell apart... and so there was this gap left in my entertainment center. I didn't like the whole console wars, new systems not being compatible with older games etc. , but finally broke down and bought a Wii as a one time thing. We were thinking it would be mostly for the kids... and it was at first, until my wife and I both got hooked on Fire Emblem.

After Radiant Dawn I started working my way back through the older games. I've completed all the US released games except for Sacred Stones (lost interest half way through, may pick it up again later). I definitely like the console games better than handheld, so hoping for a new game, on a new continent with new characters for the Wii.

I'm currently on my 4th playthrough of Radiant Dawn at Part 3E,

trying to unlock the epilogue conversation between Almedha and Soren. Is anyone sure if Soren fighting Pelleas is required? I am having trouble getting Soren close enough before reaching 80 kills.

Anyways, in the past I've added some Fire Emblem contributions at Wikipedia, before finding Serenes Forest. Finally thought I'd join the forums to see if I can add something constructive.

Welcome! Yes my NES died a heroic death a few years ago but i got one of those FC Console things that plays NES games so it lives on in spirit.

And also its nice to not be the oldest anymore. :)

Now I'm all worried my NES is going to die D:

Welcome!

Btw, if you still have the Meteor tome have Soren use it on Pelleas. Much easier than getting him close up.

Thanks for the welcomes! Oh, come on now there has to be someone else here over 30? I've never felt as old as I do now!

Btw, if you still have the Meteor tome have Soren use it on Pelleas. Much easier than getting him close up.

Ok, so I'll take that to mean Pelleas doesn't need to counter attack. That sounds much easier, thanks.

I haven't used my NES ever since my mother bought me one of those Generation NEX thingies for Christmas a few years ago. Both of them are currently in boxes beneath my bed, though. But anyway, welcome to SF. Try to enjoy yourself.

Oh, come on now there has to be someone else here over 30? I've never felt as old as I do now!

Nope. The next oldest member I know of is Superbus, and he's 29.

Oh, come on now there has to be someone else here over 30? I've never felt as old as I do now!

Nope. As Charlie said Super Bus is 29 and i am 28. D: i know how you feel!

Also you could have Soren have the Celerity skill and ninja up there and spam Pelleas and have Mist or someone use the rescue staff (you can find it in that level) or have a Paladin or mobile unit grab him. thats usually what i do. Also did you attack Micaiah in Rivals Collide? thats actually a requirement.

Most over thirty are not very revealing with their age anyway.

Also you could have Soren have the Celerity skill and ninja up there and spam Pelleas and have Mist or someone use the rescue staff (you can find it in that level) or have a Paladin or mobile unit grab him. thats usually what i do.

Well I'm going to have to restart the chapter. I had saved with the counter at 78, not remembering how high it goes, and was nowhere near close enough with Soren. I didn't bring the meteor with me either but think its in the convoy.

Also did you attack Micaiah in Rivals Collide? thats actually a requirement.

Yes I did manage that in Rivals Collide after some tricky manuvering. The Black Knight headed north where I had Ike with no one else in range. To the east I created a blockade out of range with Reyson behind it. Haar and Jill then carried Soren in and droped him off near Micaiah. Reyson flys in and Vigors all three. Soren moves in for the attack. He initially was to double Micaiah but Adept activated on both attacks leaving her with 1 HP. That was close! Haar and Jill then rescue Soren and Reyson then fly the heck out of there. Enemy phase. Black Knight attacks Ike, everyone survives. Yes!

Now your going to tell me the meteor was available in that chapter too. The way I did it was quite interesting though. :)