• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. Recruiting the ninja detectives later is a pain from what I remember.

So I noticed.

I knew I should have looked for a recruitment guide before starting.

Because you're hoping to find Dio to talk Hockey or someone to talk more ToS. Btw how far are you?

Maybe. For either.

I've actually beaten it once already, and am doing a 'reverse' playthrough (keeping Kratos, switching S & T types for everyone, etc). At the Earth Temple.

Maybe. For either.

I've actually beaten it once already, and am doing a 'reverse' playthrough (keeping Kratos, switching S & T types for everyone, etc). At the Earth Temple.

Dio's at his friend's house so he won't be on today I think.

Hmm, I completely forgot what techniques Genis learns on both sides. Perhaps it's time I do another ToS playthrough myself but I should finish SRW. Btw, you should play Super Robot Taisen Original Generation. GBA game that's similar to fire emblem but with SUPER ROBOTS.

Edited by Sirius

Dio's at his friend's house so he won't be on today I think.

Hmm, I completely forgot what techniques Genis learns on both sides. Perhaps it's time I do another ToS playthrough myself but I should finish SRW. Btw, you should play Super Robot Taisen Original Generation. GBA game that's similar to fire emblem but with SUPER ROBOTS.

Mmmkay.

T: Weaker mid techs (Air Thrust, Thunder Blade) then strongest techs (Explosion, Indignation)

S: Stronger mid techs/line attacks (Flame Lance, Wind Blade), then various mixed ones (Earth Bite, Thunder Arrow) and only light move (Prism Sword).

I have heard about that series. Maybe sometime.

Ah right, S also packs Absolute which was an Ice and Earth combination if I remember correctly.

I'm guessing you probably went with T first when using Raine and now you'll have her go S? If so, I think she gets Holy Lance instead of Ray which is better IMO since it doesn't have that issue of possibly missing all hits when fighting 1 enemy. You can also turn it into Shadow (or was it Bloody?) Lance by getting a certain item, which is cool since you don't get many attacks (though I don't know what would be weak to Dark anyway... seems like the same shit with Dark Saber in Seiken Densetsu 3).

The only advantage Ray gets over Holy Lance is the Prism Stars combo.

Edited by Sirius

Ah right, S also packs Absolute which was an Ice and Wind combination if I remember correctly.

I'm guessing you probably went with T first when using Raine and now you'll have her go S? If so, I think she gets Holy Lance instead of Ray which is better IMO since it doesn't have that issue of possibly missing all hits when fighting 1 enemy. You can also turn it into Shadow (or was it Bloody?) Lance by getting a certain item, which is cool since you don't get many attacks (though I don't know what would be weak to Dark anyway... seems like the same shit with Dark Saber in Seiken Densetsu 3).

Indeed.

Yep, doing that. And I haven't heard about switching it to Bloody Lance, that's interesting. The final boss (first form, at least) is, actually.

True, but on the other hand, you get better healing techs. Healing Circle > Heal.

Edit: Hmm. Apparently you can't switch it. Only AR codes allow it.

Edited by Ar-Wing Pilot

I'm pretty sure I got her to use Bloody Lance and Dark Sphere (Photon's dark version) without any codes. Thing is that it's not supposed to show up as new skills but remain with the names Photon and Holy Lance but look like Bloody Lance and Dark Sphere in battle. Not sure if it actually takes the element into account though.

IIRC, you have to equip the Black Quartz on her.

EDIT: Actually never mind, I can't figure out what Item setup I used to get this done =\

Edited by Sirius

Ah right, S also packs Absolute which was an Ice and Earth combination if I remember correctly.

I'm sure it is.

As for dark weaknesses, I can only think of two, and one's the Tower of Mana boss. Also, I agree full stop on Holy Lance being better than Ray. Plus, I'm sure you're referring to dark weaknesses being rare, huh? Come to think of it, I can barely think of dark weak enemies in SD3... All I got are the Poto family (augh, multitarget Heal Light. Dammit that crap's annoying).

Edited by Metal King Slime

Ugh... With my luck, finding a Ralts is like trying to find a metal slime (only my luck with finding those isn't as rotten). Damn it all!! For Pete's sake, when you're seeing CHANSEY, of all things, more often, your luck is just really whacked out.

EDIT: Hey guess what?

STINKING TELEPORT.

Edited by Metal King Slime

I'm sure it is.

As for dark weaknesses, I can only think of two, and one's the Tower of Mana boss. Also, I agree full stop on Holy Lance being better than Ray. Plus, I'm sure you're referring to dark weaknesses being rare, huh? Come to think of it, I can barely think of dark weak enemies in SD3... All I got are the Poto family (augh, multitarget Heal Light. Dammit that crap's annoying).

Precisely that. The only reason to even go Duelist is purely for the extra power they got. Personally I tend to go Paladin and Sword Master back when I would actually grind a little to get the 3rd classes before beating the Dark Godbeast.