• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

British English > American English.

:S

That's what I thought. But then I was told "no." ;_;

Who said that!...... my brother? o_o

Well if you have been changing them according to what I've said then I'd say to keep it consistent... :0

Any English I can understand > any English I can't understand (though I'm talking about spoken English here

Lunch.

Hm. *pat*

Have fun.

Also according to this page the style of having periods and commas inside quote marks came from typographical/printing issues:

"In the days when printing used raised bits of metal, "." and "," were the most delicate, and were in danger of damage (the face of the piece of type might break off from the body, or be bent or dented from above) if they had a '"' on one side and a blank space on the other. Hence the convention arose of always using '."' and ',"' rather than '".' and '",', regardless of logic."

Any English I can understand > any English I can't understand (though I'm talking about spoken English here

Lunch.

What can you understand (like, examples)?

Enjoy.

:S

S:

Also according to this page the style of having periods and commas inside quote marks came from typographical/printing issues:

"In the days when printing used raised bits of metal, "." and "," were the most delicate, and were in danger of damage (the face of the piece of type might break off from the body, or be bent or dented from above) if they had a '"' on one side and a blank space on the other. Hence the convention arose of always using '."' and ',"' rather than '".' and '",', regardless of logic."

That's pretty cool.

I always put the punctuation mark inside the pouet pouet (that's how we called them in computer classes). Because it's more logical to me.

It doesn't look as good when you put them outside. :(:

Edited by Marthur

So I'm catching up on the manga and first I see Fee being jelly, and now Leaf's body being ready. >_>

Also I think TE translated something back a few chapters that had Arthur use Elfire, so that might mean AzelxTiltyu.

[ ] <- croa croa

Ohhh. And pouet pouet is " "? Sounds cute. :3

Anyway, so I think in the British way punctuation marks only go inside " " if it is part of a direct quote. I don't think this happens much in this manga though.

Leaf said to me, "I am your brother!" Please help me, Allione, I need some "support". Will you give me "support"?

Althena asked me, "Will you give me 'support'?" What will I do...?

Edited by NTG

So I'm catching up on the manga and first I see Fee being jelly, and now Leaf's body being ready. >_>

Success.

Also I think TE translated something back a few chapters that had Arthur use Elfire, so that might mean AzelxTiltyu.

The end-of-volume images have the pairings. So, Adean/Midayle, Ayra/Holyn, Lachesis/Dew, Sylvia/Claude, Fury/Levin, Bridget/Jamka and Tiltyu/Azel.

Success.

The end-of-volume images have the pairings. So, Adean/Midayle, Ayra/Holyn, Lachesis/Dew, Sylvia/Claude, Fury/Levin, Bridget/Jamka and Tiltyu/Azel.

THAT'S FUNNY CAUSE SYLVIA AND CLAUDE'S OFFSPRING HAVE NOT YET APPEARED That's what I thought.

At least Corple was mentioned, so he'll show up soon.

'Course, then we'll be trolled and Sharlow and his Berserk staff show up.