Nah I like this FE4T (r-)harem

We're NTG's (r-)harem now, huh

oh well, closest I'd get to a lover even if neglected [/pitiful]

WHAT IS LOVE

BABY DON'T HURT M- *SHOT*

A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRE- *SHOT AGAIN*

WHY NHL WHYYYYYYY

Always more and more money.

Or they could just relocalize teams in difficulty so they can make profits.

I mean really, Phoenix is still in deep shit and they give Shane Doan a four year contract worth over 20 millions with a 2 millions signature bonus.

Always more and more money.

Or they could just relocalize teams in difficulty so they can make profits.

I mean really, Phoenix is still in deep shit and they give Shane Doan a four year contract worth over 20 millions with a 2 millions signature bonus.

The problem is the fact that parity has pretty much disappeared after people started finding loopholes in the CBA. When's the last time you saw someone like Columbus really have a shot at getting, say, Brad Richards or Ilya Kovalchuk? That's actually what the NHL side is trying to fix.

And as for Phoenix, I'm pretty sure that just means that they aren't in 'deep shit' for long. I know because I lived there, and I've talked with people from there who have also lived in 'big hockey towns' like Chicago: The location of the team (in AZ) is NOT the problem, there's plenty of people who would go to the games.

Although the arena location sucks terribly. It's pretty much an hour of driving in rush hour traffic to get to the arena if you're close.

The problem is the fact that parity has pretty much disappeared after people started finding loopholes in the CBA. When's the last time you saw someone like Columbus really have a shot at getting, say, Brad Richards or Ilya Kovalchuk? That's actually what the NHL side is trying to fix.

And as for Phoenix, I'm pretty sure that just means that they aren't in 'deep shit' for long. I know because I lived there, and I've talked with people from there who have also lived in 'big hockey towns' like Chicago: The location of the team (in AZ) is NOT the problem, there's plenty of people who would go to the games.

Although the arena location sucks terribly. It's pretty much an hour of driving in rush hour traffic to get to the arena if you're close.

Maybe if Columbus actually had a decent team to play with. Let's face it, they probably have one of the worst recruiting staff out there since almost everything they drafted turned out to be a bust. Other than Rick Nash, I can't really name someone on top of my head drafted by Columbus who actually enjoyed a successful career there. Maybe back in the early days of the franchise, but that's about it. How do you want to attract top free agents when you have nothing.

I'd rather wait until a new owner is established. The current one trying to buy the team still has some issues. If this one ends up not buying the team, well you had a nice run, Phoenix, but please just move out already.

Edited by Dio

Maybe if Columbus actually had a decent team to play with. Let's face it, they probably have one of the worst recruiting staff out there since almost everything they drafted turned out to be a bust. Other than Rick Nash, I can't really name someone on top of my head drafted by Columbus who actually enjoyed a successful career there. Maybe back in the early days of the franchise, but that's about it. How do you want to attract top free agents when you have nothing.

I'd rather wait until a new owner is established. The current one trying to buy the team still has some issues. If this one ends up not buying the team, well you had a nice run, Phoenix, but please just move out already.

Columbus was an example. Point being, they can't attract free agents with ridiculous contracts that have become regular (because if someone is offering them, why wouldn't you take it as a player?), and because of that they can't become better to attract others (other than through the draft, which still relegates them to being terrible without a particularly incredible draft class). If you would have said for, again let's say Richards, that Columbus, Florida, Phoenix, and NYI were in the market for them, you would have scoffed, and not just for the 'they aren't good enough to attract them' line.

Considering all that's left APPARENTLY is Glendale reworking the lease (since that 'missing money' is now there), HOPEFULLY this entire thing is over.

Columbus was an example. Point being, they can't attract free agents with ridiculous contracts that have become regular (because if someone is offering them, why wouldn't you take it as a player?), and because of that they can't become better to attract others (other than through the draft, which still relegates them to being terrible without a particularly incredible draft class). If you would have said for, again let's say Richards, that Columbus, Florida, Phoenix, and NYI were in the market for them, you would have scoffed, and not just for the 'they aren't good enough to attract them' line.

Considering all that's left APPARENTLY is Glendale reworking the lease (since that 'missing money' is now there), HOPEFULLY this entire thing is over.

To be fair, they did sign Jeff Carter. I don't really blame him for leaving Columbus due to the state of the team, though.

Let's hope they make it official.

To be fair, they did sign Jeff Carter. I don't really blame him for leaving Columbus due to the state of the team, though.

Let's hope they make it official.

Trade. Trade for Jeff Carter. Who promptly complained like a little kid.

Indeed.

Err, right.

Come on, you go from Cup contenders to this? His complaints were justified.

I don't fault him for wanting out, I fault him for his immaturity about it.

Can't imagine THAT went over well with his future teammates.

On a related note, I love that Flyers fans are all about Crosby whining when their team was lead by the two most immature players in the league.