• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit, well I finished episode 1. Debating if I should write the initial thoughts or watch it again to actually understand it...and why is the majority of the names GERMAN?

Because German names are cool. I especially like names with von in them. SO REGAL.

Because German names are cool. I especially like names with von in them. SO REGAL.

German is like the one language I have massive problems with. And yeah, they do the von thing...also the Japanese is confusing me, they keep using words I've come to associate with Royalty for the commanders, who I'm highly doubting are actual royalty...and my brain is dying so fast trying to keep up with EVERY character they introduce AND fixing who is where and doing what.

Hey that reminds me. There are two characters in Tactics Ogre with the last name von Rahms. I thought it was a really cool name.

That's pretty cool.

German is like the one language I have massive problems with. And yeah, they do the von thing...also the Japanese is confusing me, they keep using words I've come to associate with Royalty for the commanders, who I'm highly doubting are actual royalty...and my brain is dying so fast trying to keep up with EVERY character they introduce AND fixing who is where and doing what.

Good exercise for your brain, I say.

Good exercise for your brain, I say.

My brain gets plenty of exercise Nighty.

I think I need to make a chart...unless one already exists (Marthur, does one exist?) of the characters and the sides.

Though my initial thought of the first 5 minutes was 1. Basic Mecha Plotline -- two sides war and 2. Oh look, Star Wars/Firefly (Serenity).

Edited by Silverwind

Hello people.

And sleeping or "sleeping"?

Dammit, well I finished episode 1. Debating if I should write the initial thoughts or watch it again to actually understand it...and why is the majority of the names GERMAN?

Because the founder of the Empire had a fetish for Prussia

It's true

hatari is watching it? Progress!

Inb4 she drops it early and calls it boring

I've already given up on a coworker after he dropped LoGH on the first episode because it wasn't moe enough

Edited by Thedius Zanarukendo

Inb4 she drops it early and calls it boring

I've already given up on a coworker after he dropped LoGH on the first episode because it wasn't moe enough

I'm expecting it to blow my socks off...given the hype you all did for it. Which is unfortunate, since nothing ever meets my expectations once it hits that level.

LoTR and Princess Bride both fell flat on their asses and I've never watched them more than once.

I remember that

Have can't be saved

He's an unreliable kid who sleeps during work, does his job without care, and has shit tastes

I'm expecting it to blow my socks off...given the hype you all did for it. Which is unfortunate, since nothing ever meets my expectations once it hits that level.

LoTR and Princess Bride both fell flat on their asses and I've never watched them more than once.

Yep, you'll drop it after five episodes then.

I'd rewatch LoGH now, but BACKLOG

Edited by Thedius Zanarukendo