/headslam

/headslam

/headslam

/headslam

/headslam

I almost want to click on that. Almost.

it's okay belinda, he was wrong and won't do it again

i hope

I better damn well not. I can't survive feeling that guilty again.

I don't think we've ever had a legitimate fight.

Yep... Still the wrong point. Your implication is wrong.

nope

if ana wants to consider a pairing non-shippable simply because it's homo, there's nothing wrong with that

I better damn well not. I can't survive feeling that guilty again.

I don't think we've ever had a legitimate fight.

it's bound to happen though

you can't simply hold grudges toward each other you know, the snowball effect is real

>hatches perfect Cynthia dragon

>is male

so much cry

it's bound to happen though
you can't simply hold grudges toward each other you know, the snowball effect is real

I know.

I can never stay mad at him though. ;w; Forgive and forget~

also GUESS WHO HAS AN INTERVIEW AT GAMESTOP ON FRIDAY???? THIS GIRL

Edited by Bindi

>hatches perfect Cynthia dragon

>is male

so much cry

it's okay

I know.

I can never stay mad at him though. ;w; Forgive and forget~

Unless it happens again

also GUESS WHO HAS AN INTERVIEW AT GAMESTOP ON FRIDAY???? THIS GIRL

you should punish him

he'll probably enjoy it too

oh my

good luck

>7% catch base + 3 x move%

marshtomp, i hate you so much at this point

Edited by TravelingElder

night saskules

rng

relying on the rng for catch rates consistently between 20 and 30% is far worse than for 50%+ like most others, you know

>your xenoverse crack has a virus!

well, better play safe and try other torrent then

Edited by TravelingElder

nope

if ana wants to consider a pairing non-shippable simply because it's homo, there's nothing wrong with that

The homophobia is what I'm so bothered with.

>She would like Ike, the character she's spent the last 7 years obsessing over, far less if he were gay

>She would refuse to watch an official tv show/movie if they made Ike gay

>The only reason she is so against IkeXSoren is because Soren isn't a woman

>She's admitted to not liking the very idea of homosexuality, because two people of the same gender shouldn't love each other that way

>But it's okay as long as she doesn't hate gays or lesbians, right?

nope

There is.

And that's a different point from what you said. "There's nothing wrong with het" doesn't make sense here because Kon isn't objecting to heterosexual ships.

Turn your statement around and you get a contradiction: "There's nothing wrong with homo". By this logic, Ana IS wrong to say that homosexual ships are wrong just because they are homosexual. What you're actually saying is, "There's nothing wrong with homophobia, but there is something wrong with heterophobia."

Everything is just fine/wrong in any insertermhere-sexuality.

I prefer to think of the problem as some people just not accepting or accepting that people will fall for or would like to be with certain people for various reason(s). For whatever reason.

That isn't too difficult to grasp is it?

The homophobia is what I'm so bothered with.

>She would like Ike, the character she's spent the last 7 years obsessing over, far less if he were gay

>She would refuse to watch an official tv show/movie if they made Ike gay

>The only reason she is so against IkeXSoren is because Soren isn't a woman

>She's admitted to not liking the very idea of homosexuality, because two people of the same gender shouldn't love each other that way

>But it's okay as long as she doesn't hate gays or lesbians, right?

There is.

And that's a different point from what you said. "There's nothing wrong with het" doesn't make sense here because Kon isn't objecting to heterosexual ships.

Turn your statement around and you get a contradiction: "There's nothing wrong with homo". By this logic, Ana IS wrong to say that homosexual ships are wrong just because they are homosexual. What you're actually saying is, "There's nothing wrong with homophobia, but there is something wrong with heterophobia."

Homophobia is a highly overused word. There's nothing wrong with liking het and disliking homo - in fact, various religions work that way, considering homosexuality wrong/sinful.

Ana isn't wrong when she considers heterosexual relationships inherently superior to homosexual ones; she's philosophically free to do that, just like you're free to disagree. You know what isn't okay? Harassing or beating homosexuals, denying them civil rights, or otherwise treating them as second-class citizens in any way. States and Churches are separate entities; while that means everyone is free to do whatever they want with their sexuality (reasonable restrictions aside, like rape, pedophilia, public health, alimony, etc.) and that such choices must be respected, it also means nobody can be forced to approve of them.

Homophobia is a highly overused word. There's nothing wrong with liking het and disliking homo - in fact, various religions work that way, considering homosexuality wrong/sinful.

Ana isn't wrong when she considers heterosexual relationships inherently superior to homosexual ones; she's philosophically free to do that, just like you're free to disagree. You know what isn't okay? Harassing or beating homosexuals, denying them civil rights, or otherwise treating them as second-class citizens in any way. States and Churches are separate entities; while that means everyone is free to do whatever they want with their sexuality (reasonable restrictions aside, like rape, pedophilia, public health, alimony, etc.) and that such choices must be respected, it also means nobody can be forced to approve of them.

I'm bi/pansexual. Based on this reasoning posted by Ana, Ana likes me less because of that. Do you understand why that is homophobic?

On a side note, "forced" is a weird thing to jump to. No one is trying to literally make Ana change her mind at gunpoint. That's neither here nor there. Consider this XKCD comic:

free_speech.png

"I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express."

We can exploit her social nature to make her decide to change it. We can judge her for it. We can ostracize her for it. We can give her positive reinforcement when she does something that we like.

If your argument is simply that nothing is objective right or wrong, no duh. I don't care. That won't stop me from doing everything I can to make the world closer to my ideals. A part of that is organizing with people with similar views to eliminate the threat to my ideals from the conceptual gene pool.

Edited by Makaze

I'm bi/pansexual. Based on this reasoning posted by Ana, Ana likes me less because of that. Do you understand why that is homophobic?

And that's okay - people aren't forced to like others. They're free to consider someone's "deviant" (i.e., different from theirs) sexual, religious or philosophical choices a minus. Now, writing someone off simply because he's gay is just like doing it simply because someone is catholic, atheistic, black or white - that would really be homophobic.

When you turn even a slight dislike into a phobia, you're shooing moderates and discarding the possibility of a middle ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

And that's okay - people aren't forced to like others. They're free to consider someone's "deviant" (i.e., different from theirs) sexual, religious or philosophical choices a minus. Now, writing someone off simply because he's gay is just like doing it simply because someone is catholic, atheistic, black or white - that would really be homophobic.

When you turn even a slight dislike into a phobia, you're shooing moderates and discarding the possibility of a middle ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

That's exactly what we're talking about. Writing someone off as lesser just for not being hetero. Pretty straightforward. Ana is saying she likes people who are otherwise identical differently depending solely on whether or not they are heterosexual.

It's not okay according to my ideals. There is no moderate position. They either think it makes someone less likable or they don't. If they do, they are homophobic.

I meet someone who says that they like people who are otherwise identical differently based solely on whether they are white or not.

Am I wrong to call that person a racist?

On a side note, "forced" is a weird thing to jump to. No one is trying to literally make Ana change her mind at gunpoint. That's neither here nor there. Consider this XKCD comic:

"Forced" as in "your opinion is absurd and unacceptable!"

But it isn't. You simply disagree with it, and you're free to do it too.

"I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express."

We can exploit her social nature to make her decide to change it. We can judge her for it. We can ostracize her for it. We can give her positive reinforcement when she does something that we like.

If your argument is simply that nothing is objective right or wrong, no duh. I don't care. That won't stop me from doing everything I can to make the world closer to my ideals. A part of that is organizing with people with similar views to eliminate the threat to my ideals from the conceptual gene pool.

You should be as free to ostracize her for her position as she should be free to ostracize you for your sexuality. That's how the game works.

A strong push generates a strong reaction, though.

That's exactly what we're talking about. Writing someone off as lesser just for not being hetero. Pretty straightforward. Ana is saying she likes people who are otherwise identical differently depending solely on whether or not they are heterosexual.

It's not okay according to my ideals. There is no moderate position. They either think it makes someone less likable or they don't. If they do, they are homophobic.

There's a difference between saying "he's gay, so I'm dropping his score from 9/10 to 8/10" and "gay, instant 0/10". In case: "Where did I ever say that I would hate Ike if he was gay? I said that it would make me like him less, not that it would make me hate him. I would still really like him, just not as much as I would if he was straight." And that's as okay as liking someone less because, say, they're Christian.

Of course, that means you're literally lumping together someone who says gays should be burned, and someone else who says "gay civil marriage is okay, but religious is off-limits".

I meet someone who says that they like people who are otherwise identical differently based solely on whether they are white or not.

Am I wrong to call that person a racist?

It depends.

There's nothing wrong in finding white skin more attractive than black skin (or the other way around) - if that's the only difference (highly theoretical scenario), it's natural that a personal preference, however small, would tip the scales.