FE4 THREAD

Fia

YOU AND I

WE ARE TRULY COMRADES

but of course

idk either that might be dumb

It'd be weird adding any of the generics in though I guess some are cute (like Coco) but theres really nothing to them

ehh

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it could be cinderella girls

oh wait i havent been keeping up there either

i should go ketchup

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who does will have to explain it then ;~;

Also it makes me unhappy to think that we were talking about you fusing with sask, and I didn't manage to coin a konfusion pun

Do you remember what you used against it?

inb4 everything

Okay .-.

You'd think someone would have jumped on that one

I think I mostly relied on Mega Start , since there wasn't a whole lot that Complexity -1 could do with all the fixed rows. I think someone like MegaSlowbro or MegaKangaskahn might help, since MegaSlowbro multiplies and MegaKangaskahn clears rows, Can't recall who I used specifically though :<

it could be cinderella girls

oh wait i havent been keeping up there either

i should go ketchup

Didn't Cinderella Girls get mostly lukewarm reception why does LL need a versionnnn

ketchup huh

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

oh god

I GUESS i can watch A COUPLE EPISODES

A goldfish? Nope, last time I checked I was all Pride

This will please your sister

Also, make sure you watch Death Billiards first

They're not mutually exclusive

Okay .-.

You'd think someone would have jumped on that one

I think I mostly relied on Mega Start , since there wasn't a whole lot that Complexity -1 could do with all the fixed rows. I think someone like MegaSlowbro or MegaKangaskahn might help, since MegaSlowbro multiplies and MegaKangaskahn clears rows, Can't recall who I used specifically though :<

I'll be unhappy if no one gets it :<

I just did

I do. It should be self-evident that they are arbitrary due to the differences in both the average views of all humans over time and differences between the local shared cultures.

Assume that there exists no one. I can create people and give them a general set of values or capacities for values. What values should I give them the capacity to have? What values shouldn't I give them the capacity to have?

If you can't answer that without referencing capacities that already exist, you're inferring ought from is, which is a fallacy. It's just as arbitrary as the notion that because a die has already landed on 6, it ought to have landed on 6.

your concept of arbitrary is arbitrary, and your worldbuilding experiment has little relevance outside of ai discussion

yes, values differ based on time and space, and free-willed people don't necessarily fully agree with the dominant values in their communities

so what

they're cultural constructs

even if someone originally went and arbitraly decided THOU SHALT NOT KILL, that stopped being arbitrary when people decided that was a good idea and decided following it

Not exactly. Since there is no such thing as objective wrong, it's only relatively wrong. There are only things that I don't want to happen and things that others don't want to happen. It's wrong relative to me or relative to you, or wrong relative to a class of people similar beliefs, and so on.

there's no point in saying there's no objective wrongs, when there are personal subjective wrongs (what each one thinks) and shared subjective wrongs (for instance, laws)

Obviously, I must operate on the fact my own values trump everything. That's a part of having values. If I happen to value the happiness of a others and do things to increase it, that is still because my arbitrary values are in line with it. I could just as easily not value their happiness and be happy at their expense and I would still have my values trump others'. The primary difference between them is that more people would take issue if the values that I trumped theirs with made me a threat to the values they trump mine with.

of course, everyone else would work to stop you, and you'd fail miserably

You realize you said this about one of the handful of times when this thread actually had a topic?

first, it was a joke about this not being the place for serious discussion stuff (it's a forum i personally avoid, and i believe many others around here actively do the same)

second, i wouldn't say the "thread actually had a topic" - two people were discussing it, the rest was just watching by the side

i'd say it was comparable to my moonspeak chats with rey

It is oppressive, but not useless. Everyone tries to make the world one that fits their ideal. Any respect they show to others happens because they happen to care about not being oppressive.

it can be useless because something that can be applied to everything can become devoid of meaning

It's a question of what capacities people should have in the first place. If you think people already have every possible capacity and limiting that is oppressive, you're wrong. The capacities people have are already limited. They already exist in an oppressed state. It's possible that there used to be things we had a capacity to consider and that those capacities were removed, or that we have had these limits from the start. Either way, the capacities that we happen to have are arbitrary. There is no reason to think that having the mental capacity to be homophobic is objectively preferable to not having the capacity. Whether you think it should or shouldn't exist depends on the person's subjective values.

When I exploit someone's social nature and use ostracism to get them to reconsider their homophobia, am I being oppressive? In a sense, yes. But in a way that decreases net oppression, specifically of minorities and of myself (since I am also a victim of homophobic oppression).

this reminds me of the figure of the oppressed who wants to become the oppressor-

We can both agree that reacting in violence would be too much. I don't do things that increase the net harm of the community. But I don't stop there. I don't decide there is nothing to be fixed if violence isn't the answer. There is an acceptable range of freedom of ideas. Bias falls in a range I do not accept at any level. I am willing to do almost anything to get rid of bias.

-by policing thought, for instance

which is dangerous because the possibility of going overboard is very real and very easy

That would include removing the capacity for it from their brains, if I were a god. It wouldn't cause harm and the world would be a better place without it.

According to me.

would the world be a better place if we were hardwired to accept each other as long as they don't harm us? well, sure

but that isn't going to happen outside of fiction

I'm getting too tired for her bs

She's a twat and can go fuck herself. I truly don't want to deal with her anymore.

I might not

But I'll sure as hell try

i think you should think long and hard about that hatred of yours, kon

it hurts you first and foremost

I found out about Me!Me!Me!

And watched Gaijin Goombah's analysis on it.

Ouch that hits home.

I was so close to that. So close.

It scares me. It really does scare me that I was so close to that.

aren't you glad

It's the hardest thing you have to do as a person like that, but they have to let the people you love in. You won't like what they tell you, but to get out of it, you need to swallow your pride.

Synthetic relationship attachments are hard to overcome. I know because I've been down that road.

Edit: My friend has his N2 Japanese proficiency certificate...

I'm jealous.

Translation: That guy is pretty much fluent. One level away from complete fluency (N1) in everyday Japanese life situations.

rey

even i have a n2 jlpt certificate

it isn't a big deal

you better stay too

btw were you talking about the cinderella girls game or animu

Yes! Fortunately for you, I am-- a total sucker for being told to stay in places and feeling wanted by people /shameless

The anime. I know little to nothing about the game or the im@s franchise, I watched the first episode and I'd give it an average/10 and haven't felt like continuing

Its funny that you picked the producer as your avatar because he's seen as intimidating and I kinda felt intimidated to talk to you even though you seemed cool but NOW I KNOW I have nothing to fear anddd I get intimidated by anyone easily tbh

and also yet another person who teases me but its ok

Yes! Fortunately for you, I am-- a total sucker for being told to stay in places and feeling wanted by people /shameless

The anime. I know little to nothing about the game or the im@s franchise, I watched the first episode and I'd give it an average/10 and haven't felt like continuing

Its funny that you picked the producer as your avatar because he's seen as intimidating and I kinda felt intimidated to talk to you even though you seemed cool but NOW I KNOW I have nothing to fear anddd I get intimidated by anyone easily tbh

and also yet another person who teases me but its ok

well that's good to know and highly exploitable

i've been kinda following it for producer hilarity (but i might drop it for good now, as this arc is over)

boo

such masochism

How do you even do Haxorus' stage. Also, I caught Blastoise and Venusaur so I can get their Mega stones never.

when i noticed the haxorus stage was fixed, i decided to just google the solution and call it a day

nothing new about that

but what now

well i never did the STAND PROUD/gay pride connection

but i guess the theory that jjba was a way that araki found to get out of the closet is still valid

just like rebecca black's friday telling the story about jfk's death

well i never did the STAND PROUD/gay pride connection

but i guess the theory that jjba was a way that araki found to get out of the closet is still valid

that theory is legit as fuck

popcorn%20bowl.jpg

thank you

/eats

*eats popcorn*

you ate it...!

I konsidered this exercise for Kon.

Repeat Ana Ana Ana over and over again until the word loses meaning.

Man why kon't everyone stay calm. :<

Okay, deep breaths everyone...

Inhale.

Exhale.

Wait.

Inhale.

But in all seriousness good luck and Kon-nichiwa!

you ate it...!

I konsidered this exercise for Kon.

Repeat Ana Ana Ana over and over again until the word loses meaning.

Man why kon't everyone stay calm. :<

Okay, deep breaths everyone...

Inhale.

Exhale.

Wait.

Inhale.

But in all seriousness good luck and Kon-nichiwa!

Kon popped huh"?