• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

your friend huh

okay

you better

okay

[spoiler=Evangelion episodes 1~8]OP theme is catchy and classic. And montagey.

Ep1 hooked me.

Shinji is angsty for first couple episodes.

Rei is weird. She has a thing for Ikari, Shinji's dad. Shinji is WTF when he sees Ikari and Rei chatting happily.

Misato is sloppy. But a nice gal.

Ikari is like *insert screenshot of him with hands on his chin, his glasses glinting*.

That scene where Eva's eye stares back at Shinji is pretty creepy.

Definitely some plans going on. What is Ikari planning. What Human Instrumentality Project. What are Evas made of. What is Adam. Why are the Angels attacking, why did that angel seem to be looking for Adam.

Rei is so... Shinji, get your hand off her breast!

But she only cares about Ikari's glasses d'aww. I wonder what Ikari thinks of her though.

Rei is dutiful. At least she smiled at Shinji.

Wow Asuka is fun! Haha Shinji in Asuka's outfit ahaha he looks so cute. Wow they synchronized.

All in all the premise is fun.

I'm afraid to know how far Madoka is similar to Evangelion. Must be vigilant and avoid all spoilers!! No googling.

okay

[spoiler=Evangelion episodes 1~8]OP theme is catchy and classic. And montagey.

Ep1 hooked me.

Shinji is angsty for first couple episodes.

Rei is weird. She has a thing for Ikari, Shinji's dad. Shinji is WTF when he sees Ikari and Rei chatting happily.

Misato is sloppy. But a nice gal.

Ikari is like *insert screenshot of him with hands on his chin, his glasses glinting*.

That scene where Eva's eye stares back at Shinji is pretty creepy.

Definitely some plans going on. What is Ikari planning. What Human Instrumentality Project. What are Evas made of. What is Adam. Why are the Angels attacking, why did that angel seem to be looking for Adam.

Rei is so... Shinji, get your hand off her breast!

But she only cares about Ikari's glasses d'aww. I wonder what Ikari thinks of her though.

Rei is dutiful. At least she smiled at Shinji.

Wow Asuka is fun! Haha Shinji in Asuka's outfit ahaha he looks so cute. Wow they synchronized.

All in all the premise is fun.

I'm afraid to know how far Madoka is similar to Evangelion. Must be vigilant and avoid all spoilers!! No googling.

yes, avoid them spoilers

girl who watches madoka without watching regular shoujos and evangelion without watching regular mechas

I guess I once watched Evangelion's eight first episodes

Got quite tired of watching it

rei rei why

some kind of hype backlash

eva is popular for a reason, but

like ff7, it's absolutely impossible for it to live up to the hype around it

back in my day people even said it was a cerebral animu for intellectuals and shit

I know right, what are Mecha animes even like?

Hey I saw CCS okay that's the only mahou Shoujo I need.

It depends. The Gundam series for the most part puts teens as the pilot of the titular mechs and puts a lot of focus into how war is terrible, the weaponization of certain humans and corrupt governments.

Other anime series just kinda do their own thing, most of them being over top fun with some dark moments here and there, others being a little more drama (Aquarion EVOL from what I hear and see in Z3) with some comedy (Full Metal Panic, Gurren Lagann season 1). The older ones being more of a Saturday morning cartoon where the episode focuses on a character and subject and at the end of the episode, you see some evil mecha and plot being stopped.

But yeah, I stopped with EVA because it's 26 episodes and I wasn't a big fan of the angst and it didn't have much action going for it. GAINAX is kinda hit or miss for me, I didn't get into EVA enough to watch the anime series (the movies I'll watch just because its condensed) and just plain dislike Kill la Kill but I loved Gurren Lagann and liked Gunbuster.

Mind you, I don't think I've seen that much Mecha anime but it all depends on how much is "a lot" to you.

Edited by Sirius

so my workplace internet filter is apparently off

what is this

I know right, what are Mecha animes even like?

Hey I saw CCS okay that's the only mahou Shoujo I need.

hot bloodedness is key