• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Lategame, yes. Earlygame? No. Their earlygame is the complete opposite. Sigurd's lategame obviously depends on how well he leveled up and how well you make use of the rings.

So the fact that Sigurd is broken in his early game and that he does average in the end, while Ike is average at the start but become more broken than Sigurd at the end makes FE9 non-broken?

But yeah it's possible, I had Sigurd with the Thief Sword and I think he did nearly 50% damage to each.

I can't even see how the Thief Sword could be useful to be honest. =__=

Note: I will keep Deu alive for the Thief Sword and Ayra and Holyn for the Hero Sword.

I thought you said you'd move only Sigurd. =__=

Abusing reinforcements is lame in my opinion.

Just hope you're not abusing the arena for RNG modification purpose.

Also, did you record your deaths, if there were any?

So the fact that Sigurd is broken in his early game and that he does average in the end, while Ike is average at the start but become more broken than Sigurd at the end makes FE9 non-broken?
Yes. Sigurd dominates the entire Gen 1 (and I seriously doubt his performance in endgame is average), because he himself is a poorly designed character, while Ike is actually quite balanced until he gets the most poorly designed weapon ever invented (and his occult skill is ridiculous too.)

People need to stop putting so much emphasis on endgame performance and act like it makes a character as a whole more broken than a character that actually *is* broken as a whole.

Stop being a scrub. Edited by Chainey

Yes. Sigurd dominates the entire Gen 1 (and I seriously doubt his performance in endgame is average), because he himself is a poorly designed character, while Ike is actually quite balanced until he gets the most poorly designed weapon ever invented (and his occult skill is ridiculous too.)

People need to stop putting so much emphasis on endgame performance and act like it makes a character as a whole more broken than a character that actually *is* broken as a whole.

According to the person who solo'd FE9 with Ike, only chapter 1 and 17 are problematic for Ike. How is that not dominating the whole game?

Stop being a scrub.

No. :)

According to the person who solo'd FE9 with Ike, only chapter 1 and 17 are problematic for Ike. How is that not dominating the whole game?
Because his early game sucks enough to where, even if it's possible shouldn't really be considered "dominating." It's like saying that Eliwood or Marth solo'd their games, but we all know that they aren't dominating characters.

Because his early game sucks enough to where, even if it's possible shouldn't really be considered "dominating." It's like saying that Eliwood or Marth solo'd their games, but we all know that they aren't dominating characters.

So one day I was bored over Christmas break and decided I needed something

to do while cleaning the house, and a moment of epiphany came: an Ike solo

on Fire Emblem! I mean, seriously, with only one character I could make a

move and then do something else (like cleaning) for 15 minutes while all of

the enemies moved -- especially if I left the animation on.

So you're probably thinking, "Ike SOLO? It was hard enough just using my

favorite characters without getting killed. How on earth is this supposed

to happen???" Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not only possible

-- it's got to be one of the easiest ways to play the game, and perhaps the

fastest! Seriously. Even on hard mode. Only 2 chapters are problematic;

everything else is just watching the enemies run head-on into Ike's

outreached sword. And now you know why Ike is so incredibly powerful in

Smash Brothers.

Let's make Ike as broken as Sigurd.

Ike starts on Ch. 1 as a Lord. Not a Ranger, but Lord. With these bases: HP 23, Str 8, Mag 3, Ski 8, Spd 9, Luck 6, Def 8, Res 2, Capacity 25, Mov 7

To compensate we'll...

1. Allow Ike 30 levels to grow and unpromoted EXP growth, just like Sigurd.

2. Give Aether to someone else. Not like Sigurd's comrades don't have ridiculously powerful skills.

3. Make Ragnell only available for like... A really really short time.

Suddenly Ike is able to completely rip apart enemies with ease thanks to his promoted bases. He's going to one round many things, and take far less damage. He is now your central unit to use. Other characters? You level them up just because you want to, though at most you'll need Titania, a healer, and maybe one other Social Knight/Paladin for good security.

Maybe Ike has a much weaker late game now, but who cares? He just ripped apart half of FE9 with little to no effort because of being a pre-promote without all of the faults of being a pre-promo.

Maybe there are parts that'll give him trouble, but that's what your other units are for, and they'll be occasional and won't outweigh the ownage that happens for the larger majority of the game.

That could probably be said about many characters.

The point is, Ike can easily solo his game from start to end, making it broken by your own definition.

One of your other complaints, was there are no army designed to stop Sigurd (hello, mages, staves users, Legendary weapon wielding enemies and Dragon Knights with Horse Slayers), but the same could be said about Ike in FE9.

Let's make Ike as broken as Sigurd.

Ike starts on Ch. 1 as a Lord. Not a Ranger, but Lord. With these bases: HP 23, Str 8, Mag 3, Ski 8, Spd 9, Luck 6, Def 8, Res 2, Capacity 25, Mov 7

To compensate we'll...

1. Allow Ike 30 levels to grow and unpromoted EXP growth, just like Sigurd.

2. Give Aether to someone else. Not like Sigurd's comrades don't have ridiculously powerful skills.

3. Make Ragnell only available for like... A really really short time.

Suddenly Ike is able to completely rip apart enemies with ease thanks to his promoted bases. He's going to one round many things, and take far less damage. He is now your central unit to use. Other characters? You level them up just because you want to, though at most you'll need Titania, a healer, and maybe one other Social Knight/Paladin for good security.

Maybe Ike has a much weaker late game now, but who cares? He just ripped apart half of FE9 with little to no effort because of being a pre-promote without all of the faults of being a pre-promo.

Maybe there are parts that'll give him trouble, but that's what your other units are for, and they'll be occasional and won't outweigh the ownage that happens for the larger majority of the game.

Ike can already one round enemies in his game. Starting from chapter 3. (lolbrokenGR+statsboosters)

The only reason Sirius's Sigurd is doing well, is because he is abusing the system and giving him a weapon with a 75% critical. It's pretty much the same as abusing the Japanese bug and give Ike weapons with 255% critical.

Edited by Marthur

One of your other complaints, was there are no army designed to stop Sigurd (hello, mages, staves users, Legendary weapon wielding enemies and Dragon Knights with Horse Slayers),
Only one even comes close, and those are the mages, which there aren't enough of in the game. To say that any physical unit can even touch Sigurd (there is even a video of Eltoshen getting killed, and no, don't pull that abuse crap because Ike can be BEXP abused).

I've said repeatedly, while you may prove Sigurd may technically not solo, though likely can with minor difficulties, that doesn't make Ike any better just because Ike can solo.

You call out abuse, but think of this. Sigurd is far more powerful than Ike will ever be when we take away said favortism and abuse. He's one rounding from the get-go, and will only continue to gain EXP even if we don't feed him kills thanks to the arena.

Only one even comes close, and those are the mages, which there aren't enough of in the game. To say that any physical unit can even touch Sigurd (there is even a video of Eltoshen getting killed, and no, don't pull that abuse crap because Ike can be BEXP abused).

BEXP is legitimate as long as you don't manipulate the stats gain. You can basically put Ike at level 20 early in the game and he'll easily break through the early chapters.

Artificially increasing your critical rate isn't. Ike needs no such thing and he can solo the game fine.

I've said repeatedly, while you may prove Sigurd may technically not solo, though likely can with minor difficulties, that doesn't make Ike any better just because Ike can solo.

From his game's perspective, yes.

And You've also said that Sigurd being able to solo the game makes it broken the first time.

You call out abuse, but think of this. Sigurd is far more powerful than Ike will ever be when we take away said favortism and abuse. He's one rounding from the get-go, and will only continue to gain EXP even if we don't feed him kills thanks to the arena.

Ike can already one round enemies in his game. Starting from chapter 3.

Besides that, he promotes during midgame, unlike Leaf/Roy/Eliwood, so the fact that he won't gain exp for a certain time isn't a problem. He can easily beat most of the enemies at level 20 unpromoted anyway.

Edited by Marthur

BEXP is legitimate as long as you don't manipulate the stats gain.
BEXP abuse is manipulating stat gain.
And You've also said that Sigurd being able to solo the game makes it broken the first time.
I very likely meant that Sigurd could possibly solo Gen 1 *because* he's so broken, not that soloing the game makes him broken.

Ike is as much capable of soloing as Marth is. It doesn't make him on Sigurd level. Normally, Ike is very dependent on his teammates for awhile because they're actually, you know, better than him, while Sigurd dwarfs everybody in his army. I don't care if he's a cruisader, this level of messed up comes from having pre-promo bases.

Besides that, he promotes during midgame, unlike Leaf/Roy/Eliwood, so the fact that he won't gain exp for a certain time isn't problem. He can easily beat most of the enemies at level 20 unpromoted anyway.
I never said anything about promotion issues. I said that him gaining EXP means that he'll only continue to get stronger while you allow others to get level ups. Edited by Chainey

Both characters are "broken" but Sigurd has a much easier time in his game than Ike does in his.

I can't even see how the Thief Sword could be useful to be honest. =__=

Hero Sword takes quite a bunch of money to repair and it helps to repair tirfying and then get more money to repair the other weapons >_>.

I thought you said you'd move only Sigurd. =__=

Yeah I thought so too. Then I decided to move other units for the sole purpose of a few weapons. Still a Sigurd solo, just getting a few resources.

Just hope you're not abusing the arena for RNG modification purpose.

Excuse me? Where did you get that I'm abusing reinforcements? I sometimes nuke a Castle before killing all it's enemies and the second a captain dares to move back for reinforcements is the second I use the reset function.

As for abusing the arena for RNG modification, I'm not doing that. For example with Eltosian, I last saved on the turn he arrives then I played the next few turns without saving so I could restart if necessary.

Also, did you record your deaths, if there were any?

One Eltosian death but I didn't record it.

Edited by Sirius

BEXP abuse is manipulating stat gain.

Not really. As long as you don't restart the game to alter the stats you gain, it is fine.

Ike is as much capable of soloing as Marth is. It doesn't make him on Sigurd level. Normally, Ike is very dependent on his teammates for awhile because they're actually, you know, better than him, while Sigurd dwarfs everybody in his army. I don't care if he's a cruisader, this level of messed up comes from having pre-promo bases.

Different playstyle on my part I suppose, because the only unit that I find superior to Ike earlygame is Titania. Since, she starts at a high level, I don't even use her much anyway.

I never said anything about promotion issues. I said that him gaining EXP means that he'll only continue to get stronger while you allow others to get level ups.

You implied it by saying that Ike won't gain exp for a certain period of time compared to Sigurd. My answer basically was, "it's definitely not a problem for Ike".

The only reason Sirius's Sigurd is doing well, is because he is abusing the system and giving him a weapon with a 75% critical. It's pretty much the same as abusing the Japanese bug and give Ike weapons with 255% critical.

Abusing what? Hell if you want I could make him go back to Silver Sword for the purpose of Chapter 5.

Not really. As long as you don't restart the game to alter the stats you gain, it is fine.

BEXP abuse.

For crying out loud, I say ABUSE for a reason. If I wanted to imply normal, non stat manipulative use of BEXP, I wouldn't use the word abuse.

You implied it by saying that Ike won't gain exp for a certain period of time compared to Sigurd. My answer basically was, "it's definitely not a problem for Ike".
Ike will be gaining EXP, but because he's hinging on others to help him get EXP.

Sigurd can chill, kill whatever he pleases without help, and still get EXP when others are doing work thanks to the arena. Granted, Ike can gain EXP with BEXP, but others want that too.

Both characters are "broken" but Sigurd has a much easier time in his game than Ike does in his.

Not according to the person who made an Ike solo.

Hero Sword takes quite a bunch of money to repair and it helps to repair tirfying and then get more money to repair the other weapons >_>.

With Sigurd getting all the weapons and rings that he can sell? Hardly a problem.

I'm not even talking about the arena.

Excuse me? Where did you get that I'm abusing reinforcements? I sometimes nuke a Castle before killing all it's enemies and the second a captain dares to move back for reinforcements is the second I use the reset function.

Hero Sword with critical at the start of chapter 3?

Sigurd can chill, kill whatever he pleases without help, and still get EXP when others are doing work thanks to the arena. Granted, Ike can gain EXP with BEXP, but others want that too.

Not in a solo.