• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Do health potions have a cooldown at least?

Basically, typical storebought health potions raise life gradually and there's no cooldown. You could drink 10 of them and they'd stack, though things like poison and open wounds would obviously lower the healing rate. Health potions like this give more health points to Barbarians, a bit less for the other warriorish characters (Paladin, Amazon and Assassin) and finally at its lowest for the more magical based classes (Necromancer, Sorceress and Druid). Mind you, most builds tend to have this as stat build :

Str : enough for build, including bonuses from equipment

Dex : either none or enough for block

Vit : rest

Nrg : lol

So everyone ends up being tanks, though Barbarians and Druids more so, the former due to natural high life, the latter due to a pet that increases life by 100+ % and/or possible boosts due to shapeshifting.

And then there's the Rejuvenation potions, recognizable by their purple color, that will fill up 35% or 100% of your health AND mana in one gulp. The 100% ones are fairly easy to make or find in Hell, as well.

Edited by Medeus

Despite being a Metroid fan, I'm not excited about Other M coming out in a week.

How so? It seems to be returning to the things I like about Metroid! No more of that stupid mandatory first person stuff!

How so? It seems to be returning to the things I like about Metroid! No more of that stupid mandatory first person stuff!

It wasn't bad in the first two Prime games. But Corruption and Hunters damaged my outlook on the future of the Metroid franchise >_>

Speaking of Metroid.... *loads up SMILE*

Edited by BLS

It wasn't bad in the first two Prime games. But Corruption and Hunters damaged my outlook on the future of the Metroid franchise >_>

I can understand Hunters, but I found Corruption the only interesting one of the 3 Prime games. There were actually people there, live people that stayed alive! Then again, with my first Metroid game being Metroid Fusion, my preference for existing dialogue probably is influencing me.

Str : enough for build, including bonuses from equipment

Dex : either none or enough for block

Vit : rest

Nrg : lol

And to think that when I was young, Magic was the first stat I would max in Diablo 1. And I'd always neglect Vitality.

And to think that when I was young, Magic was the first stat I would max in Diablo 1. And I'd always neglect Vitality.

Sorceror only really needs magic, especially if you manage to get Arkaine's Valor.

First time I made a Warrior, I ended up butchering it by using raising his magic more and using axes. Then I saved right where the Halls of the Blind stars and I got raped by Illusion Weavers.

Edited by Medeus

Sorceror only really needs magic, especially if you manage to get Arkaine's Valor.

First time I made a Warrior, I ended up butchering it by using raising his magic more and using axes. Then I saved right where the Halls of the Blind stars and I got raped by Illusion Weavers.

Even as a warrior, I was obsessed with collecting magic. Nevermind that I only really used Town Portal, Healing, Fire Wall and Fireball...

My brother gave up on a Sorcerer PT because he didn't know he could restart and grind more. He only discovered he could after he had already deleted that character, and raged a bit.

Edited by TheEnd

Even as a warrior, I was obsessed with collecting magic. Nevermind that I only really used Town Portal, Healing, Fire Wall and Fireball...

My brother gave up on a Sorcerer PT because he didn't know he could restart and grind more. He only discovered he could after he had already deleted that character, and raged a bit.

And I loved that one Guardian I could cast at best.

Even these days I don't do that, since I tend to just play the entire thing in one go.

Basically, typical storebought health potions raise life gradually and there's no cooldown. You could drink 10 of them and they'd stack, though things like poison and open wounds would obviously lower the healing rate.

Yeah but still I kinda understand why they're looked down upon. Battles would be unnecessarily prolonged for no reason.

Edited by Joey

And I loved that one Guardian I could cast at best.

lol Guardian

Even these days I don't do that, since I tend to just play the entire thing in one go.

Well, it's useful when you get stuck. Like he did.

I think it was something like his strongest, core spell was Chain Lightning, and he encountered a cave layer full of lightning demons.

Yeah but still I kinda understand why they're looked down upon. Battles would be unnecessarily prolonged for no reason.

Some builds can easily deal a OHKO, especially in public games where most people aren't using high-end gear. I know I managed to do this a few times.

lol Guardian

Well, it's useful when you get stuck. Like he did.

I think it was something like his strongest, core spell was Chain Lightning, and he encountered a cave layer full of lightning demons.

As a Sorceror I love making walls of Guardians, even if it's really not that great.

Oh yeah, those bastards are awful. There is a trick to get whatever book you want (in this case, likely Fireball) from Adria, but I'm sure he didn't know that as well.

I remember seeing a guy doing the Lachdanan quest on Youtube as a Warrior. The only enemies on the level where you get the elixir were 3 different types of Succubi. Must've been fun.

Edited by Medeus

As a Sorceror I love making walls of Guardians, even if it's really not that great.

Oh yeah, those bastards are awful. There is a trick to get whatever book you want (in this case, likely Fireball) from Adria, but I'm sure he didn't know that as well.

Yeah, I only discovered you could change her wares by save scrumming much later. (I say "I" because I don't think he's really played ever since.)

I remember seeing a guy doing the Lachdanan quest on Youtube as a Warrior. The only enemies on the level where you get the elixir were 3 different types of Succubi. Must've been fun.

Oh God, I've been through that. In my very first playthrough, no less.

Edited by TheEnd

Oh God, I've been through that. In my very first playthrough, no less.

On my first actual completed playthrough, the only thing that really annoyed me was Bartuc the triple immune. I had only Stone Curse to help me with a mace that had 2 less maximum damage due to shrines.

However, I have seen shit like a pack of Pit Beasts with a boss well hidden in a corner. As a Warrior. Couldn't get through or else I'd be a pile of acidic flesh. Thank goodness the staircase wasn't behind those.

On my first actual completed playthrough, the only thing that really annoyed me was Bartuc the triple immune. I had only Stone Curse to help me with a mace that had 2 less maximum damage due to shrines.

However, I have seen shit like a pack of Pit Beasts with a boss well hidden in a corner. As a Warrior. Couldn't get through or else I'd be a pile of acidic flesh. Thank goodness the staircase wasn't behind those.

Those times, I was glad I was a spell collector.

Even though, as I said, I only really used Fire Ball and Fire Wall.

Why do you even bother