FE4 THREAD

Fia

Logh finished. ;___; I'll rewatch it one day.

Now, just hoping the novels will get translated.

And I'm in the final chapters of Three Kingdoms as well, and it pisses me off because the best characters are dead. :<

I also don't see how the novel will end. I assume the three kingdoms will reunite in the end but I have 8 chapters left reading, and Shu is still at war against Wei and allied with Wu.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Logh finished. ;___; I'll rewatch it one day.

Now, just hoping the novels will get translated.

And I'm in the final chapters of Three Kingdoms as well, and it pisses me off because the best characters are dead. :<

I also don't see how the novel will end. I assume the three kingdoms will reunite in the end but I have 8 chapters left reading, and Shu is still at war against Wei and allied with Wu.

You've now read all the pages of the history of the galaxy.

I should read/watch/whatever Three Kingdoms someday. Maybe.

Well sorry for thinking that perhaps an ARCHER Knight who fulfills the archetype in every other way imaginable (green hair, permament bow lock, etc) might fit the bill. I guess I am just reaching too far!

Not like FE4 has a comparable alternative anyway. It's pretty silly to limit your choices to like 4 people (in a top 3) because they're the only green-haired archers.

Besides, how is it less of a stretch to consider Midir an archer by trade than it is to consider Innes' hair green?

lol

At first, I thought he could possibly have a point.

Then I remembered that Monshou alone had like 3 of those, each with 5 versions. Well, shota aside.

On a completely unrelated note that I feel like posting just because I don't have anywhere else to say it: while waiting for that Unlimited Blade Works movie, I've seen many voices in the internet saying "lol DEEN" and the like.

Then I discovered DEEN animated the first Kenshin OVA. I now kind of feel like rewatching it.

Edited by TheEnd

On a completely unrelated note that I feel like posting just because I don't have anywhere else to say it: while waiting for that Unlimited Blade Works movie, I've seen many voices in the internet saying "lol DEEN" and the like.

Then I discovered DEEN animated the first Kenshin OVA. I now kind of feel like rewatching it.

Wait what. That doesn't look like DEEN's piss-poor quality animation at all... Hell, it doesn't even share their style. If that's true that DEEN animated the Kenshin OVA, then I'm curious as to why they can't animate anything else without going off-model once an episode?

You've now read all the pages of the history of the galaxy.

I should read/watch/whatever Three Kingdoms someday. Maybe.

I wish I had real pages. I've only read the first book which was fantranslated.

Read it. I doubt an adaptation will give you something authentic.

Most praise Liu Bei or Cao Cao, but from what I've read, both aren't that remarkable. Liu Bei is always hesitant and mostly relies on Zhuge Liang after he meets him. Cao Cao is a greedy fool who always asks his advisors what tactics they should adopt before saying "My thoughts exactly." So screw them. There are far more interesting characters like Zhuge Liang, Guan Yu, Zhao Zilong or Sima Yi.

Edited by Marthur

I wish I had real pages. I've only read the first book which was fantranslated.

What is it about?

Read it. I doubt an adaptation will give you something authentic.

Most praise Liu Bei or Cao Cao, but from what I've read, both aren't that remarkable. Liu Bei is always hesitant and mostly relies on Zhuge Liang after he meets him. Cao Cao is a greedy fool who always asks his advisors what tactics they should adopt before saying "My thoughts exactly." So screw them. There are far more interesting characters like Zhuge Liang, Guan Yu, Zhao Zilong or Sima Yi.

I hear there's an anime adaptation that seemed reasonable, albeit dorky-looking and incomplete. Can't be more incomplete than Arslan, though.

What is it about?

First episodes of the main series, and some more details on the characters that are given in the Gaidens. (It's in the first book that they talk about Yang's childhood)

I hear there's an anime adaptation that seemed reasonable, albeit dorky-looking and incomplete. Can't be more incomplete than Arslan, though.

Which one?

To be somewhat fair, the Arslan novels were still debuting. The anime covers the first three books (I've read the first two that were released in France)

Also Tanaka still hasn't finished writing Arslan and it's been more like 20 years since he started. =___= It's apprently one of its best series with LoGH.

He's also working on Tytania, another solid space opera from what I've heard (it got a pretty bad anime adaptation though) but I doubt this will ever get finished.

Sleep.

Edited by Marthur

First episodes of the main series, and some more details on the characters that are given in the Gaidens. (It's in the first book that they talk about Yang's childhood)

"During his childhood, Yang was bored.

Very bored."

Which one?

I don't know how to qualify it.

To be somewhat fair, the Arslan novels were still debuting. The anime covers the first three books (I've read the first two that were released in France)

Also Tanaka still hasn't finished writing Arslan and it's been more like 20 years since he started. =___= It's apprently one of its best series with LoGH.

He's also working on Tytania, another solid space opera from what I've heard (it got a pretty bad anime adaptation though) but I doubt this will ever get finished.

Is his surname Miura?

Sleep.

Have fun.

Which one?

I saw the first episode of the Tytania anime, and it did look pretty good, even if the animation seemed a tad generic.

Granted, I only saw the first episode, and it could have gone downhill from there... Or the books could be just that much better, like with the First Blood film compared to the First Blood novel...

So, Marthur, did you have a chance at testing the save files I gave you a few days ago ?

On another note, I discovered Megatokyo recently via TV Tropes, and found out its forum was a hive of Tokimemo fans back in the 2000 to 2006. I had fun at reading their various past threads, and an exchange in particular made me so laugh I just couldn't resist changing my sig to add it XD