• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Draper, Holmstrom, Zetterburg, and Kronwall would still be there, so the garbage team bit wouldn't happen just yet. Never mind that Osgood is still playing for the Wings.

Now, the question is whether Mike Babcock will screw over Osgood again...

Only above average player. The team would be worse than Nashville and St. Louis even with him.

Osgood was never great. He's like Niemi, Leighton, etc. He's got a great team in front of him that makes him look decent. He's maaaaaaaybe around the level of Chris Mason.

Only above average player. The team would be worse than Nashville and St. Louis even with him.

Osgood was never great. He's like Niemi, Leighton, etc. He's got a great team in front of him that makes him look decent. He's maaaaaaaybe around the level of Chris Mason.

Oh, please. Zetterburg is a pretty damn good player in his own right.

Right, because the New York Islander's success when they got Osgood was achieved completely spontaneously and had nothing to do with Osgood himself. Sure. And by the way, Mason isn't half bad himself.

Oh, please. Zetterburg is a pretty damn good player in his own right.

Right, because the New York Islander's success when they got Osgood was achieved completely spontaneously and had nothing to do with Osgood himself. Sure. And by the way, Mason isn't half bad himself.

No, no, I'm saying that the rest are only average. Zetterburg is good, but he's no Datsuyk, no Lindstrom, etc. He's, to continue the comparison to St. Louis, around a David Backes. A good, solid player, but not incredible.

And Yashin and Peca and the other acquisitions had nothing to do with it? And Osgood has done that with who else? All I'm saying is, he's not even a top 10 goalie. He's decent, but he's nothing too special.

No, no, I'm saying that the rest are only average. Zetterburg is good, but he's no Datsuyk, no Lindstrom, etc. He's, to continue the comparison to St. Louis, around a David Backes. A good, solid player, but not incredible.

And Yashin and Peca and the other acquisitions had nothing to do with it? And Osgood has done that with who else? All I'm saying is, he's not even a top 10 goalie. He's decent, but he's nothing too special.

Draper and Holmie are just average? What the... Have you been stealing some of Dio's cocaine? Draper's gotten the Selke trophy, which is for the best Defense player in the league. And Holmstrom might not have a trophy, but he wouldn't have been able to stick around this long if he was just average. Zetterburg might not be as good as Datsyuk or Lindstrom, but he's still more than just above average.

Osgood's been with the Wings for most of his career. The little time he hasn't, he was with the Islanders, who he helped bring to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and the St. Louis Blues, who crumbled despite Osgood actually having winning statistics both seasons. And FYI, Osgood IS the tenth all-time in wins amongst Goalies.

Draper and Holmie are just average? What the... Have you been stealing some of Dio's cocaine? Draper's gotten the Selke trophy, which is for the best Defense player in the league. And Holmstrom might not have a trophy, but he wouldn't have been able to stick around this long if he was just average. Zetterburg might not be as good as Datsyuk or Lindstrom, but he's still more than just above average.

Osgood's been with the Wings for most of his career. The little time he hasn't, he was with the Islanders, who he helped bring to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and the St. Louis Blues, who crumbled despite Osgood actually having winning statistics both seasons. And FYI, Osgood IS the tenth all-time in wins amongst Goalies.

Draper's not terrific now, and now, not the past, is what matters. Holmstrom, like most players, gets a good rep for being on a good team. Like, for example, did you ever hear a word about Keith Ballard (other than his troubles with Vokoun) before he was traded to Vancouver? No? Same situation.

Yes, I know where he was. There's also a good reason he got waived when he went to the Islanders, and a reason why he never won a playoff series without the Red Wings, while still being on really good teams who never crumbled, despite what you say. Both teams were second in their division, that's not crumbling. And wins should never be on a goalies record - they're a team statistic. There's a reason why Nabokov was second in the league in wins.

Top 10 goalies in the league right now? Something like:

- Luongo

- Miller

- Bryzgolov

- Vokoun

- Broduer

- Kiprusoff

- Rask

- Gigure

- Halak

- Hiller

Osgood lost the starting job. With good reason. Howard played better. Howard will probably remain better. You may as well be talking about how great Thomas is.

I feel like I should be a Red Wings fan, now that I'm living in Michigan...

But my heart still lies with Minnesota, and also, I don't follow much in the way of sports period.

Please, please don't. Let me say, they're known for being the single most annoying, delusional, and tiring fans around.

Wild fans are fine. I like the Wild. Too bad they lost today.