• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

lolmagefodder

I can at least kill things without being in danger of dying.

^Read above.

She's at less risk due to higher HP and DEF than you. Higher STR also means she's got a higher chance of killing, so your defense was pretty stupid >_>.

Edited by Levin

She's at less risk due to higher HP and DEF than you.

lolresandmagefilledchapters

Seriously, those mages slaughter her. Taking down half of her HP in a hit? What the fuck?!

I'm stuck in 2 axe filled chapters, yeah, but I'm probably 3~ rounded instead of two.

Also, she doesn't double either, and mages have 1-2 range.

Edited by Shanam

lolresandmagefilledchapters

Seriously, those mages slaughter her. Taking down half of her HP in a hit? What the fuck?!

I'm stuck in 2 axe filled chapters, yeah, but I'm probably 3~ rounded instead of two.

Also, she doesn't double either, and mages have 1-2 range.

Magefests? Where? There doesn't seem to be too much mages in this game, even if they are more common than most.

Magefests? Where? There doesn't seem to be too much mages in this game, even if they are more common than most.

Endgame.

She gains Pursuit after 3 levels.

22 speed cap and lances. Not a good combo.

Endgame.

22 speed cap and lances. Not a good combo.

Basically only during the first castle, the Hilda Part, and some parts of the last castle. And besides, being able to double is better than you not doubling at all, even with good speed!

Basically only during the first castle, the Hilda Part, and some parts of the last castle. And besides, being able to double is better than you not doubling at all, even with good speed!

Oh he can double. About 30 % of the time with maxed speed and common lances.

Edited by Arion

It gives a decent Speed boost at least. Just because it's a bow doesn't make it the worst.

Decent speed boost? You get -3 speed from Ichival. Same as a sword.

Also, yes it does. Bows = no enemy phase action = lower level.

Gae Bolg offers excellent enemy phase action and makes Altenna nearly invincible.

Uh hi, enemies have less speed than that. She's doubling other Lance and Axe users.

Uh hi, mages and sword units. She more than likely can't double Arion's troops in Chapter 9, too, unless you somehow were able to trade her the Elite Ring and the Return Ring and have her tank through those Ballistae who are super effective against her, THEN have her warp back to the castle, promote, and try to fight him.

Sounds unlikely.

Being a help in the harder earlygame > not really helping in the loleasy endgame.

Decent speed boost? You get -3 speed from Ichival. Same as a sword.

You lose fifteen from Gae Bolg.

Also, yes it does. Bows = no enemy phase action = lower level.

Not necessairly. It's pretty easy to put them at the right range. Besides, there's a few squad of bow units they can take on.

Gae Bolg offers excellent enemy phase action and makes Altenna nearly invincible.

The problem is that high defense units might not be attacked by weaker units.

Edited by Arion

You lose fifteen from Gae Bolg.

That was not the point. You called the speed boost decent, and I proved it was not.

And besides, you can double most things with Gae Bolg anyway. Coupled with skill bonus and strength bonus and 30 might, dead.

Not necessairly. It's pretty easy to put them at the right range. Besides, there's a few squad of bow units they can take on.

The fuck? That's screaming favoritism, with all the mounts with insane move and all. They're not going to get in the way so you can let Faval get some kills, instead of letting everyone equally kill something?

Also, they want to go after the ones who can't attack back.

The problem is that high defense units might not be attacked by weaker units.

If that were a good argument, then Shanan and Levin!Sety would be frowned upon.

That was not the point. You called the speed boost decent, and I proved it was not.

And besides, you can double most things with Gae Bolg anyway. Coupled with skill bonus and strength bonus and 30 might, dead.

By decent I meant it reduced the AS loss. It's still about as heavy as the Killer Bow, which is nice.

The fuck? That's screaming favoritism, with all the mounts with insane move and all. They're not going to get in the way so you can let Faval get some kills, instead of letting everyone equally kill something?

Also, they want to go after the ones who can't attack back.

To be honest I'm not using that many mounties. I focus mainly on legendary weapon users, Patty and Charisma users. That's it.

Enemy AI isn't that flawless. I've seen it and you've seen it too probably ( you played it less than me so who knows ). Some enemies will actually atttack an opponent that will counter them, as bizarre as it sounds. Those endgame Falcoknights might actually want to use their Earth Sword at close range, for example.

If that were a good argument, then Shanan and Levin!Sety would be frowned upon.

Basically if an enemy can't harm another, it won't attack it. It works for both defenses ( once it gets to 1 damage ) and avoid.

By decent I meant it reduced the AS loss. It's still about as heavy as the Killer Bow, which is nice.

I don't think so, since it's the same as swords and wind spells and some bows, but preference I guess.

To be honest I'm not using that many mounties. I focus mainly on legendary weapon users, Patty and Charisma users. That's it.

Personal experience.

Enemy AI isn't that flawless. I've seen it and you've seen it too probably ( you played it less than me so who knows ). Some enemies will actually atttack an opponent that will counter them, as bizarre as it sounds. Those endgame Falcoknights might actually want to use their Earth Sword at close range, for example.

FE4 AI is way smarter than the GBA AI, for example. I still seriously doubt the enemies would attack Ichival from far, and not near.

And that close range thing is for the triangle attack.

Basically if an enemy can't harm another, it won't attack it. It works for both defenses ( once it gets to 1 damage ) and avoid.

You only get so many units who can one round in FE4, so it's not a problem, you can clear everything on the next turn anyway.

However, the enemies later on do attack (since you care so much about personal experience, my Sety with 106 avoid was getting attacked all the time in Chapter 10 and Epilogue).

Personal experience.

Oh boy if I had a dollar for everyone who said that. I'm never really playing for efficiency anyway and FE 4 isn't the game I'd rank with the stupid 1000 level ups.

FE4 AI is way smarter than the GBA AI, for example. I still seriously doubt the enemies would attack Ichival from far, and not near.

You'd be surprised. Sometimes they'll ignore a unit that wouldn't have attacked them for whatever reason.

You only get so many units who can one round in FE4, so it's not a problem, you can clear everything on the next turn anyway.

However, the enemies later on do attack (since you care so much about personal experience, my Sety with 106 avoid was getting attacked all the time in Chapter 10 and Epilogue).

I don't think 106 is high enough to let yourself not getting attacked. Do remember they don't factor Celice's leadership boosts, nor Charisma users nearby. If you do see some zeroes, usually it's because of these things.

Oh boy if I had a dollar for everyone who said that. I'm never really playing for efficiency anyway and FE 4 isn't the game I'd rank with the stupid 1000 level ups.

Exp rank isn't considered in debates. Only tactics.

Seriously, no one gives a damn about your personal stuff.

You'd be surprised. Sometimes they'll ignore a unit that wouldn't have attacked them for whatever reason.

You have no proof to the contrary, so your claim is for naught.

I don't think 106 is high enough to let yourself not getting attacked. Do remember they don't factor Celice's leadership boosts, nor Charisma users nearby. If you do see some zeroes, usually it's because of these things.

Such bullshit. I guess Altenna's 39 defence and very poor avoid isn't good enough to get attacked.

And oh, since you do 1 damage when the def > might, they shall be going for her.

Seriously, let's ditch this AI bullshit. How the fuck should we know what they do? I can understand the other games, but not FE4.

Such bullshit. I guess Altenna's 39 defence and very poor avoid isn't good enough to get attacked.

And oh, since you do 1 damage when the def > might, they shall be going for her.

Seriously, let's ditch this AI bullshit. How the fuck should we know what they do? I can understand the other games, but not FE4.

I have noticed the AI sometimes overlook a unit for whatever reason. But only in preGBA games. When I notice it the most is Tharcia, most likely because it matters the most. Yes Baldarc, I'm looking you. Yes, I'm talking about when you didn't go after Dean with your bow.

It's not like I really give a damn about playing efficiently either.

I might have one: groups of ballistae. If I positionned a lot of units near them, I don't think they all attacked the same, ever, as bizarre as it sounds.

39 defense is enough to block alot of shit.

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. I don't know exactly why the damage is 1, but try stalling a boss that can't even harm you. He's not even likely to attack you.

It's pretty simple. Unless their accuracy is under a certain number with Leadership/Charisma ( I think it's 10 or 20 ) or if their damage is only 1 ( might not work if they're actually supposed to do 1 damage ), they won't attack you.

Just for the hell of it, I hacked Sigurd so he had 50 defense, 30 avoid and only a single point of HP. They're actually going after Noish instead ( who has 30's across the board and 80 HP, but a Silver Sword ), even if they can't even miss Sigurd. Not even the boss attacked.

IMO, unless you can 100% predict the enemy's movements or know EXACTLY how the AI was programmed, the AI shouldn't be brought up in this sort of thing. It's just gonna complicate shit.

You said it way better than I ever could. Thank you.

You can in GBA and above though, since they just go after your units.