• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitmonchan is pretty much the complete opposite of Mike Tyson.

Yeah I think he was based on a Japanese champion, and we all know how they dominate the heavier weight divisions.

It's just so hilariously slow while it doesn't have other tools like Machamp or Roopushin.

Yeah I think he was based on a Japanese champion, and we all know how they dominate the heavier weight divisions.

About as much as smash "aizenstomps" at debating and hilarity...

It's just so hilariously slow while it doesn't have other tools like Machamp or Roopushin.

Well, Roobushin is losing popularity fast just because shit like Deoxys and Skymin exist at the moment. I was surprised, though, that +1 Payback from Roobushin 2HKOes Rankurusu or what not. I think Roobushin is going to die a bit slowly though, sadly. Ah well.

On the other hand, Hitmonchan can't even compete with its brethren. Hitmonlee gets Reckless + boosted HJK, not to mention Sucker Punch to ambush fast Psychic-types. Hitmontop gets Technician with a bunch of cool moves like Fake Out, Bullet Punch, and STAB Mach Punch. Then there's Sucker Punch. Hitmontop was made for priority, which was cool for Gen 4 UU. Hell, Hitmonchan can't hold a candle to almost... any Fighting-type. Except maybe Poliwrath.

Hitmonchan only has two things that really make it unique: Iron Fist + Focus Punch, then being outclassed by both of its brethren.

Edited by Tyranel M

Well, Roobushin is losing popularity fast just because shit like Deoxys and Skymin exist at the moment. I was surprised, though, that +1 Payback from Roobushin 2HKOes Rankurusu or what not. I think Roobushin is going to die a bit slowly though, sadly. Ah well.

On the other hand, Hitmonchan can't even compete with its brethren. Hitmonlee gets Reckless + boosted HJK, not to mention Sucker Punch to ambush fast Psychic-types. Hitmontop gets Technician with a bunch of cool moves like Fake Out, Bullet Punch, and STAB Mach Punch. Then there's Sucker Punch. Hitmontop was made for priority, which was cool for Gen 4 UU. Hell, Hitmonchan can't hold a candle to almost... any Fighting-type. Except maybe Poliwrath.

Hitmonchan only has two things that really make it unique: Iron Fist + Focus Punch, then being outclassed by both of its brethren.

Last I noticed, that thing was 3rd in the most used new Pokes, behind the candle and some other I forgot. But yeah, early hype and shit.

And then we all remember how the idea of having tri elemental punch was awesome in Gen 1. Then we noticed his Special stat. GaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameFreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

Can't Goruggo do that nowadays, but without the stab? Hell even Roopushin and Infernape can in theory.

Edited by Dio

Last I noticed, that thing was 3rd in the most used new Pokes, behind the candle and some other I forgot. But yeah, early hype and shit.

The PO server is a little different from the SU server. Teams are usually more competent with team structure and what not. The biggest issue that made Roobushin so popular was that no one could think how to handle Doryuuzu. Granted, it's not a bad Pokemon, but it was pitiful how very few teams had a single Psychic-type Pokemon, and if they did it had Psycho Shock. Not that Psycho Shock is bad, but it doesn't pierce Roobushin so easly.

And then we all remember how the idea of having tri elemental punch was awesome in Gen 1. Then we noticed his Special stat. GaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameFreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

Can't Goruggo do that nowadays, but without the stab? Hell even Roopushin and Infernape can in theory.

Priority fighting? Well, to be honest Mach Punch and BU + DRain Punch is why Roobushin is popular, and Infernape was never bad at priority move using.

The PO server is a little different from the SU server. Teams are usually more competent with team structure and what not. The biggest issue that made Roobushin so popular was that no one could think how to handle Doryuuzu. Granted, it's not a bad Pokemon, but it was pitiful how very few teams had a single Psychic-type Pokemon, and if they did it had Psycho Shock. Not that Psycho Shock is bad, but it doesn't pierce Roobushin so easly.

Priority fighting? Well, to be honest Mach Punch and BU + DRain Punch is why Roobushin is popular, and Infernape was never bad at priority move using.

If it's new, it must be good! More seriously, I never noticed a move discussion about Clear Smog and I think that thing could be useful on some Pokémon. Gengar using this against a Sleep Talking Suicune could be the shit.

Nah, I meant Iron Fist + Focus Punch. To me Breloom seems to be one of the new kings of priority fighting with Stab Technician Mach Punch along with Spore and Stab Technician buffed BOOLIT Seed.

The cotton ball made me raeg ingame due to priority status.

If it's new, it must be good! More seriously, I never noticed a move discussion about Clear Smog and I think that thing could be useful on some Pokémon. Gengar using this against a Sleep Talking Suicune could be the shit.

Actually, the best way to handle CM Cune is just pack Nattorei and Power Whip. Granted, you have to be careful with hitting your Power Whips. 4 Atk Power Whip does 40.1% - 47.5%, which is a 3HKO. Probably the big reason why I considered slapping Atk EVs. Or just pack Leech Seed, which also works to counter the Surfs aimed at you.

Clear Smog isn't bad for one thing though that is a complete pain in the ass: Inconsistent. If I ever considered Perish Song, it would be now. I FUCKING hate that ability.

Nah, I meant Iron Fist + Focus Punch.

Infernape is too frail, but Roobushin? Yeah, definitely. Sub Punching with that thing is a fucking monster. I couldn't believe the calc when I saw that Focus Punch + Mach Punch can end Skarmory. That's sick.

To me Breloom seems to be one of the new kings of priority fighting with Stab Technician Mach Punch along with Spore and Stab Technician buffed BOOLIT Seed.

Yeah, don't forget the sleep buff (it's not a nerf, it's a buff man) just to add insult to the injury. Breloom definitely got some love this generation.

The cotton ball made me raeg ingame due to priority status.

But it's also one of the most reliable things to have vs. Sazandora when facing Geechisu.

Actually, the best way to handle CM Cune is just pack Nattorei and Power Whip. Granted, you have to be careful with hitting your Power Whips. 4 Atk Power Whip does 40.1% - 47.5%, which is a 3HKO. Probably the big reason why I considered slapping Atk EVs. Or just pack Leech Seed, which also works to counter the Surfs aimed at you.

Clear Smog isn't bad for one thing though that is a complete pain in the ass: Inconsistent. If I ever considered Perish Song, it would be now. I FUCKING hate that ability.

Infernape is too frail, but Roobushin? Yeah, definitely. Sub Punching with that thing is a fucking monster. I couldn't believe the calc when I saw that Focus Punch + Mach Punch can end Skarmory. That's sick.

Yeah, don't forget the sleep buff (it's not a nerf, it's a buff man) just to add insult to the injury. Breloom definitely got some love this generation.

But it's also one of the most reliable things to have vs. Sazandora when facing Geechisu.

Oh yeah, fuck that thing in game. They're a pain in the ass to fight.

Well it erases stat boosts on the other guy (only the other guy too I think?) while doing a bit of damage. Seems cool to me.

Now now, don't break that poor calc. Don't be like Vegeta.

Like he needed it.

I OHKOed it with a "slightly" overlevelled pig (64) I think, using Focus Blast.

Edited by Dio

Oh yeah, fuck that thing in game. They're a pain in the ass to fight.

Even in competitive, it's pretty ridiculous. Nattorei has such a sexy typing.

Well it erases stat boosts on the other guy (only the other guy too I think?) while doing a bit of damage. Seems cool to me.

It's a nice alternative if you like Haze, but Haze wasn't too popular to begin with sadly. Only on things like Weezing.

Now now, don't break that poor calc. Don't be like Vegeta.

*BREAKS SCANNER*

Like he needed it.

Yeah, but hey Breloom is a cool mon.

I OHKOed it with a "slightly" overlevelled pig (64) I think, using Focus Blast

I couldn't even get to Level 50. O_O;

No more Urban Terror?

We play TF2 nowadays. You might like it.

And I'm not nearly as overpowered in that game, so you might stand more of a chance.

Even in competitive, it's pretty ridiculous. Nattorei has such a sexy typing.

It's a nice alternative if you like Haze, but Haze wasn't too popular to begin with sadly. Only on things like Weezing.

*BREAKS SCANNER*

Yeah, but hey Breloom is a cool mon.

I couldn't even get to Level 50. O_O;

Thank goodness for Flash Fire switches too.

I always kinda liked that move actually. I'm thinking Gengar has potential with it, but he'll have to forget a move. Maybe Explosion.

THERE'S NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT

It's a good addition from Gen. 3 I guess.

Keep in mind I grinded a fair amount and the Lucky Egg was my favorite friend.

Edited by Dio

HAHAHAHAHA

Is it for PC?

We indeed play the PC version. It's not free though and requires higher specs than UT.

On the plus side, the game is often updated, there's plenty of game styles to play, very customizable and you can even use your mike if you have any.

Eh, Clear Smog's 75 Power after STAB seems kind of meh, not to mention Poison-type moves were never that great offensively. Tentacruel and Qwilfish barely pulled it off.

Also, not relevant but I fucking hate Cl469366-claude_thumb.jpgaude

Eh, Clear Smog's 75 Power after STAB seems kind of meh, not to mention Poison-type moves were never that great offensively. Tentacruel and Qwilfish barely pulled it off.

The effect is what you want more than the actual attack. Besides, it's Special, and at least Gengar is good there. I'd say the main problem about it being Poison type is being unable to affect Steel types with it.

Edited by Dio