• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

It's what Amazon says but no one else is reporting the date... but there's Overclocked in the meantime 8D

Wikipedia...? ;3

LET'S DROP THIS DEMON!

Buuuut Yuria tamed Warlords and huge badasses while Soluna tamed horny 13 year olds.

Yuria killed her brother. I hope Soluna isn't a brother killer.

Also, since when is Wikipedia reliable?

Oy. Team Fortress 2 question:

How noticeable are The Machina's "Tracer Rounds?"

Lately, I've been playing with the full Croc o' Style Kit, but the Sydney Sleeper's inability to perform critical hits is really crippling me. Also the fact that I have to deal with the Darwin's Danger Shield means I can't use the destructive Jarate/Bushwacka combination, which ticks me off even more. I traded/smelted around my other weapons in my inventory to rack enough for a Bazaar Bargain, but I feel like I've just been wasting my time. I only rack up one or two headshots, and by then I've either reset my count, or died.

And so, we now we get to The Machina; holy crap this thing looks sexy. It looks like a great weapon, with what seem like just minimal drawbacks... right? As for the "can only fire when zoomed in" gimp, I could really care less. It's not like I ever try to noscope in TF2. But the "fires tracer rounds" part is bothering me a bit. Just how noticeable are they? After watching a video or two, it doesn't look like it'll be a huge detriment to giving away my position, but that's only been from a first-person view. I have yet to see its harmful effects seen from another person. Then again, what use does it make if the enemy can see where you are? For most of the classes, knowing a Sniper's position doesn't really help when you realize there's four Heavies and two Medics charging at you. And for the classes that actually have a chance at getting a shot at a Sniper (Sniper, Soldier, the occasional Demoman, etc.), what use is knowing his position when he can just shuffle behind a wall/crouch behind a rock after firing?

TL;DR Are firing tracer rounds from the Machina even cons at all? I seriously doubt it. But if they are, how bad are they? o:

I have no idea that was a new weapon till I checked out the vids and wiki.

IMO it's a con in sniper vs sniper fight (Against a good or even matched sniper obviously), and on some maps Soldiers and Demoman can rocket/grenade jump up to sniper positions since it's a lot easier to reveal your location than the standard laser dot they'll definitely rocket/grenade jump to where you're at. So yeah it's a con depending on some situations/maps and how well the enemy snipers are.

Edited by Generic Operator

what use is knowing his position when he can just shuffle behind a wall/crouch behind a rock after firing?

A demoman could launch a couple stickies around the area and set them off if he moves back into shooting position assuming the sniper didn't notice them. Soldier can rocket + Equalize bash and in a duel of snipers the winner is pretty much the first to land a headshot. The croc set would just either charged shots or 2 shots to kill you.

I ONLY GOT 4 HOURS OF SLEEP AND THEN I WAS FORCED INTO LABOUR SINCE THIS MORNING

ASDFGJLJDGSLMJGSHHDQHLQMJFLQMJ

... :o

Join us~

Listen to Marthur.

... No. NO. WHY IS THE PCSX2 NOT WORKING

:'D

What did you change, Lux

:'D

What did you change, Lux

I have a new video card. So when I tried working P4 it's like "hur dur plugins not working." So I get a valid rom and now /this/. I don't know what I'm missing. I reinstalled pcsx2 and everything.

I have a new video card. So when I tried working P4 it's like "hur dur plugins not working." So I get a valid rom and now /this/. I don't know what I'm missing. I reinstalled pcsx2 and everything.

why didn't you try configuring your display plugin instead

why didn't you try configuring your display plugin instead

Well I /did/ but it still lagged at a lot of parts, even at the lowest settings. (Without configuration even the non-actiony parts went at like, 30 fps)

EDIT: Thus the new video card, but... I don't think that's the problem. Maybe there's something I'm missing...

Edited by Lux Aeterna

The drivers for the new video card.

But first, you'd have to uninstall the previous ones for the old card.

Your. New. Video. Card's. Drivers.

What BLS said.

I inserted a disc and installed it, so I think so...

Oh. It's a winRAR archive. But if I unpack them then it becomes fifty different pieces!

EDIT: P3FES didn't give me these problems...

Edited by Lux Aeterna

I inserted a disc and installed it, so I think so...

Oh. It's a winRAR archive. But if I unpack them then it becomes fifty different pieces!

EDIT: P3FES didn't give me these problems...

Unpack them again.