FE4 THREAD

Fia

You forgot Killer Instinct and Street Fighter. I should say Mortal Kombat II even though I don't play that anymore since Deadly Alliance put me off the whole series.

Street Fighter II New Challengers Rainbow Turbo Champion Edition X World Warrior should be a given. I like it better than the Arcade version due to the sound.

Hey, MK9 received pretty damn good reviews!

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Street Fighter II New Challengers Rainbow Turbo Champion Edition X World Warrior should be a given. I like it better than the Arcade version due to the sound.

Hey, MK9 received pretty damn good reviews!

Yeah it's a shame it's not on Wii since I could've easily pirated it.

What's your opinion on these?

Edited by Sirius

Yeah it's a shame it's not on Wii since I could've easily pirated it.

What's your opinion on these?

W's version is heavier, which in this case, is better. L's just sounds too... syntherized.

Agreed, the only part of L's that I like more than W's is the first 15 seconds.

Last 2:

I think Alpha 3 screwed up with this one.

J's version beats all, due to surpassing the limits of the sound chip.

Well, GGG's theme is something that sounds like part of a 32-bit game soundtrack, so surely it'll be better in W.

Now, I want to hear your opinion on Heats.

Original(for comparative value)

J's version beats all, due to surpassing the limits of the sound chip.

Well, GGG's theme is something that sounds like part of a 32-bit game soundtrack, so surely it'll be better in W.

Now, I want to hear your opinion on Heats.

Original(for comparative value)

I didn't like J's very much. The theme I mostly turned animations on for just to have it play for the whole turn was the God finger's theme, the one that plays when you use God finger or a stronger attack that the God Gundam's involved in.

Here's GGG's original

As for Heats, I think they're both very well done but I like D's version better. You?

FireEmblem4-SeisennoKeifuJ_00001-11.png

...well this is interesting.

Despite the fact that the heir to Silesia is the carrier of Major Holsety blood, Faval still goes to claim Silesia instead of Patty.

Hmmmmmmm....

inb4 "Sexism/only men are allowed to rule countries".

Didn't Rahna rule it before Levin though? His dad was never really spoken of.

Didn't Rahna rule it before Levin though? His dad was never really spoken of.

Right. Maybe because Levin's father was dead? I think Leaf would probably be the one to rule Lenster over Althena despite she being the one to hold the major blood (I can't remember if she remains in Thracia or goes to Lenster).

Edited by Sirius

Right. Maybe because Levin's father was dead? I think Leaf would probably be the one to rule Lenster over Althena despite she being the one to hold the major blood (I can't remember if she remains in Thracia or goes to Lenster).

IIRC they form "New Thracia" which has Altenna (and Arion if alive?) with the Thracia part, and Leaf (and lover, likely Nanna) with the Lenster part.

I may have to read up on Levin's father. I remember seeing a note somewhere (maybe on this site) about him, but there wasn't much info.

I didn't like J's very much. The theme I mostly turned animations on for just to have it play for the whole turn was the God finger's theme, the one that plays when you use God finger or a stronger attack that the God Gundam's involved in.

Here's GGG's original

As for Heats, I think they're both very well done but I like D's version better. You?

Dunno, most of the themes were actually pretty well done, save for some exceptions, like Combattler V's theme or Toya's theme, which I didn't like.

D's version all the way. It helps that you get to hear that A LOT throughout the game.

Dunno, most of the themes were actually pretty well done, save for some exceptions, like Combattler V's theme or Toya's theme, which I didn't like.

D's version all the way. It helps that you get to hear that A LOT throughout the game.

Yeah but there were few I'd use to hear during an enemy phase.

That's awesome man. D's definitely after L or Alpha Gaiden (currently playing L and Alpha Gaiden's close to the end).

Yeah but there were few I'd use to hear during an enemy phase.

That's awesome man. D's definitely after L or Alpha Gaiden (currently playing L and Alpha Gaiden's close to the end).

Same. I used to hear Tekkaman's theme(both of them) or Zeorymer's.

D has a pretty solid roster, IMO. Fuck yes Shin Getter Dragon

Same. I used to hear Tekkaman's theme(both of them) or Zeorymer's.

D has a pretty solid roster, IMO. Fuck yes Shin Getter Dragon

Ooh you should look up W's version of the Tekkaman themes. Reincarnation (Blade II's opening theme) is there too and they sound so much like the originals.

Pahn showed me Shin Getter Dragon's combination attack with Shin Getter. I was freaking shocked when I saw a tiny Shin Getter 1 when compared to Shin Getter Dragon.

Edited by Sirius

Ooh you should look up W's version of the Tekkaman themes. Reincarnation (Blade II's opening theme) is there too and they sound so much like the originals.

Pahn showed me Shin Getter Dragon's combination attack with Shin Getter. I was freaking shocked when I saw a tiny Shin Getter 1 when compared to Shin Getter Dragon.

Yeaah, that theme is awesome in W indeed. Might be my favorite along with GGG's.

I can imagine your reaction to Getter Emperor then.

Yeaah, that theme is awesome in W indeed. Might be my favorite along with GGG's.

I can imagine your reaction to Getter Emperor then.

"Give out your light" overrides Reincarnation when the new Tekkamen use their Voltekka. The only exceptions are Dead (I think) and Aki/Red since she lacks a Voltekka.

What, how big is Emperor?

"Give out your light" overrides Reincarnation when the new Tekkamen use their Voltekka. The only exceptions are Dead (I think) and Aki/Red since she lacks a Voltekka.

What, how big is Emperor?

Yeah, I didn't like that theme, though.

Let's just say it's the biggest inspiration for TTGL.That means it's the size of galaxies

Yeah, I didn't like that theme, though.

Let's just say it's the biggest inspiration for TTGL.That means it's the size of galaxies

Precisely. I blame Yumi, it's likely her theme or something.

Goddamn. Is it in any SRW so far?

It's beautiful. I think that was one of the combination attacks I saw.

Precisely. I blame Yumi, it's likely her theme or something.

Goddamn. Is it in any SRW so far?

It's beautiful. I think that was one of the combination attacks I saw.

TBH the only new Tekkaman in TBII that I like is Dead.

It's a manga only Getter, but I REALLY don't think any SRW game could handle that shit. I mean, Jesus, just google it!

It's one of my favorite Super Robot moments ever.

TBH the only new Tekkaman in TBII that I like is Dead.

It's a manga only Getter, but I REALLY don't think any SRW game could handle that shit. I mean, Jesus, just google it!

It's one of my favorite Super Robot moments ever.

I like Aki and Dead and you'd like them in W just for the inheritance of Blade's stats lol. The 3 new Tekkamen are separate and need to be upgraded 1by 1 with Yumi being the obvious strongest of the 3.

It can happen. Gundam SEED Astray was mostly manga only, had like 2 5-minute episodes and still played a big part in W's second half of the game.

I like Aki and Dead and you'd like them in W just for the inheritance of Blade's stats lol. The 3 new Tekkamen are separate and need to be upgraded 1by 1 with Yumi being the obvious strongest of the 3.

It can happen. Gundam SEED Astray was mostly manga only, had like 2 5-minute episodes and still played a big part in W's second half of the game.

Yeah, probably so.

It's not about being manga only, even though most exclusive Getters never made it to the games, but the fact that it's pretty much GOD. They'd need to nerf it a thousand times.