Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

*fist pump*

Teeeeaaaaa

NTeaG. I should give her some of the... "magical" tea I was drinking last night. :newyears:

M... magical tea?

MarthSecret.gif

Whatever happens to your brain, I'm not responsible.

Laser beans.

I have a new theory

Charth's gender is undefined, unless you get him to A support with My Unit - in which case, he removes the mask and is conveniently shown to be female if you're using a male MU, and vice-versa

Also Marthur is tsundere for Geass

There better be a male-male option.

Good old Moonwalker, indeed.

I had a bootleg Megadrive and it had Moonwalker, Revenge of Shinobi, Shadow Dancer and Streets of Rage on it. It had separated all the stages, too, so you could choose which stage to start at.

Too bad my Megadrive is dead now. I think.

I had a bootleg Megadrive and it had Moonwalker, Revenge of Shinobi, Shadow Dancer and Streets of Rage on it. It had separated all the stages, too, so you could choose which stage to start at.

Too bad my Megadrive is dead now. I think.

I think I only got the opportunity to play Moonwalker via emulation. So few games to buy/rent...

My Mega Drive is pretty much dead, too.

I think I only got the opportunity to play Moonwalker via emulation. So few games to buy/rent...

My Mega Drive is pretty much dead, too.

It's ok, I only have like 15 actual cartridges (give or take). One of them is 10-in-1, but...also, the only legit cartridge I have is Sonic & Knuckles. The rest are pirated copies. >_>

We of dead Megadrives.

It's ok, I only have like 15 actual cartridges (give or take). One of them is 10-in-1, but...also, the only legit cartridge I have is Sonic & Knuckles. The rest are pirated copies. >_>

We of dead Megadrives.

I owned (past tense because I've given most of them away) even less... Sonic, Sonic & Knuckles, Rolo to the Rescue (lol - a cousin gave me this one, as he got it for free and didn't have a MD at the time), Street Fighter 2 SCE, Super Street Fighter 2, Virtua Racing, Phantasy Star 2, Fifa '94... and that was pretty much it? All originals, though. I'd rent two or three cartridges every weekend (Sonic 3 among them more often than not), but the local rental shop's selection wasn't too great either.

May they rest in peace.

Actually I believe that Kallen is overreated...honestly...

Dat hilariously broken mecha

Edited by TheEnd

I owned (past tense because I've given most of them away) even less... Sonic, Sonic & Knuckles, Rolo to the Rescue (lol - a cousin gave me this one, as he got it for free and didn't have a MD at the time), Street Fighter 2 SCE, Super Street Fighter 2, Virtua Racing, Phantasy Star 2, Fifa '94... and that was pretty much it? All originals, though. I'd rent two or three cartridges every weekend (Sonic 3 among them more often than not), but the local rental shop's selection wasn't too great either.

May they rest in peace.

That's a shame. I dunno if we had rental shops, but my brother kept renting games from friends. What puzzles me most is that we could have probably bought like ten thousand games, but didn't. Oh well. Brazil seems to be in a better state if all your games were original.

I wanted to say dust to dust, but...

That's a shame. I dunno if we had rental shops, but my brother kept renting games from friends. What puzzles me most is that we could have probably bought like ten thousand games, but didn't. Oh well. Brazil seems to be in a better state if all your games were original.

I wanted to say dust to dust, but...

Well, you can usually tell which shops sell original and which ones sell pirated games. Since we have somewhat working pro-consumer laws, selling pirated goods when you're trying to be a legitimate business can hurt a lot.

Of course, we bought original cartridges because it isn't trivial to properly copy them. Pretty much nobody in Brazil buys original PSX/PS2 games, for instance.

And meanwhile, my Master System still works perfectly. Whyyyyy damn that power connector, really.

Well, you can usually tell which shops sell original and which ones sell pirated games. Since we have somewhat working pro-consumer laws, selling pirated goods when you're trying to be a legitimate business can hurt a lot.

Of course, we bought original cartridges because it isn't trivial to properly copy them. Pretty much nobody in Brazil buys original PSX/PS2 games, for instance.

Oh, I see now.

Same here, except for every console ever.

And meanwhile, my Master System still works perfectly. Whyyyyy damn that power connector, really.

For me, it's my MSX that's still working. Ancient as all hell, though I don't complain since it's kind of pretty neat.

Cornelia is superiorior

I think we're going to have to disagree there

Oh, I see now.

Same here, except for every console ever.

Pirated cartridges are usually known as bad news here, since you never know about their data integrity and whatnot.

For me, it's my MSX that's still working. Ancient as all hell, though I don't complain since it's kind of pretty neat.

I've never even seen a MSX, haha.

Pirated cartridges are usually known as bad news here, since you never know about their data integrity and whatnot.

Huh, that's strange.

I've never even seen a MSX, haha.

I wouldn't be surprised, they weren't terribly popular outside of Japan, I think.

EDIT: Wait

"The Hotbit, developed by Sharp and marketed by Epcom, was a hit in Brazil"

Edited by Nightmare

Huh, that's strange.

I don't know.

I wouldn't be surprised, they weren't terribly popular outside of Japan, I think.

EDIT: Wait

"The Hotbit, developed by Sharp and marketed by Epcom, was a hit in Brazil"

Still, I've never seen one. I think. Now I can't remember if my cousin showed me (a non-working) one or not.

I've heard of people owning a MSX, sure. I've seen articles about MSX games on old gaming magazines. But that's it.

Edited by TheEnd

Just saying, I didn't think it was very popular outside of Japan. Guess I thought WRONG.

Brazil is bizarro land, so you never know.

So, I decided to check the MD's specifications

>Motorola 68000 16/32-bit processor @ 7.67 MHz

Those were the days, man

Brazil is bizarro land, so you never know.

I have learned much.

So, I decided to check the MD's specifications

>Motorola 68000 16/32-bit processor @ 7.67 MHz

Those were the days, man

Sure were. That makes some of the graphical feats some games pull off even more impressive.

Meanwhile, my MSX has only 64k of RAM.

I have learned much.

Sure were. That makes some of the graphical feats some games pull off even more impressive.

Meanwhile, my MSX has only 64k of RAM.

Oldschool resource management amazes me, man. Diablo 1 ran just fine on any shitty Pentium with 256 colors support (my first PC only supported 16, lol). Nowadays, most companies don't give a damn.

Oldschool resource management amazes me, man. Diablo 1 ran just fine on any shitty Pentium with 256 colors support (my first PC only supported 16, lol). Nowadays, most companies don't give a damn.

Sure is amazing stuff. I don't think I did a lot of computering in the 90s (not until after 1998 anyway), but still, stuff like what SNK did with just a simple Neo Geo is really great. I also remember reading about how Capcom managed resources when making Street Fighter II (the very first one), and it was mighty impressive.

I wish companies still gave a damn.

Sure is amazing stuff. I don't think I did a lot of computering in the 90s (not until after 1998 anyway), but still, stuff like what SNK did with just a simple Neo Geo is really great. I also remember reading about how Capcom managed resources when making Street Fighter II (the very first one), and it was mighty impressive.

I wish companies still gave a damn.

Neo Geo was pretty badass. And impossibly expensive.

Sometimes I think the bloating is done on purpose to force PC upgrades.

Neo Geo was pretty badass. And impossibly expensive.

Sometimes I think the bloating is done on purpose to force PC upgrades.

It was. Though I mostly speak of the arcade board, but I guess it goes for the console too.

You know, that's actually a plausible theory.