FE4 THREAD

Fia

If you are afraid of doing it wrong then that won't help you get started at all Lux =[

Because I know I'll do it wrong. :< The only thing I can do /somewhat/ right is copy a drawing, but that's not even drawing, just copying...

You'll still get some sort of muscle memory from it. Eventually you should be able to get used to certain locations and where to put things. This is also a few years back, 3-4 years back at least, I'd say. Who knows, maybe he can freedraw now.

There's only one thing that I can do from memory, and those are eyes. Moreover, I can only draw one kind of eyes. ONE KINNND. And they looks so angry and intense...

And Lumi, it couldn't be worse than me. I /can't/ draw, therefore you were better. I get white paper syndrome whenever I see a blank sheet.

But you should have seen my writing back when I started, late 2009. /That/ was funny.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why you practice.

But here's the issue... I don't know how to learn the motions without stealing a style from someone else. And I can't make a style without first learning someone else's. IT GOES WRONG ALL WAYS. D: So I can't practice something without first knowing how it should be done. ;__;

Because I know I'll do it wrong. :< The only thing I can do /somewhat/ right is copy a drawing, but that's not even drawing, just copying...

There's only one thing that I can do from memory, and those are eyes. Moreover, I can only draw one kind of eyes. ONE KINNND. And they looks so angry and intense...

And Lumi, it couldn't be worse than me. I /can't/ draw, therefore you were better. I get white paper syndrome whenever I see a blank sheet.

But you should have seen my writing back when I started, late 2009. /That/ was funny.

what the fuck man

If you think this way there's no way you will ever improve.

Stop being a pansy and just practice.

If it looks like crap then oh well. That's what practice is for. To improve and find what you're good and what you're not good at and improve both aspects.

what the fuck man

If you think this way there's no way you will ever improve.

Stop being a pansy and just practice.

If it looks like crap then oh well. That's what practice is for. To improve and find what you're good and what you're not good at and improve both aspects.

*GASP*

Ein said something not retarded for once

But here's the issue... I don't know how to learn the motions without stealing a style from someone else. And I can't make a style without first learning someone else's. IT GOES WRONG ALL WAYS. D: So I can't practice something without first knowing how it should be done. ;__;

So attempt to copy a style, without actually copying what the drew. Because from what I've seen you basically almost copy things. (which most of the time is just lines because it's animu)

I still have issues with expressions myself even though I got most of anatomy pretty much down at this point, but really. Post them. Ask for critique. People will tell you whats wrong. Rinse, repeat. It's what got me to this point today.

My art teacher too, but that's more for realism and stuff. My regular drawing style's a midpoint between mangaish and realistic, I guess?

That's what mostly everyone who learns to draw goes through anyway. YOU GET YOUR BASICS DOWN. YOU IMITATE AN ARTIST. AFTER YOU GET YOUR SHIT DOWN, YOU THEN DEVELOP A STYLE.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Yeah and if you can't accept that then you may end up never getting started.

Copying is a good start.

If you wanna know, the thing that helped me start getting better at drawing was I spent a lot of my time just tracing other drawings.

Once I got used to how things would look from tracing, it made me better at knowing how to draw things.

So if you want you can use my method and start tracing drawings first. It'll take a while but if you want to get good at drawing time will always be the cost. No matter the method. It just takes practice.

Of course tracing things could also probably mean you are only good at drawing those certain things, or it could not work that way. Maybe it'll just help you with drawing overall~

But when you are so poor that it seems clear that there is no chance you can improve, it tends to be discouraging.

The only drawing that I made off of my own imagination is proof:

2zfih42.jpg

Ignore the erased patch in the hair, though. I think I was going to reshade it and never did. So it's unfinished, I guess.

*GASP*

Ein said something not retarded for once

What? I can't produce high quality gems left and right all of the time.

Besides Lux's self-loathing is getting on my nerves.

I'm the only one allowed to loathe thy self. (⌐■_■)

Besides Lux's self-loathing is getting on my nerves.

I haven't loathed myself in a long, long time. I just loathe my drawing skills--or lack thereof, as shown by the post above you.

But when you are so poor that it seems clear that there is no chance you can improve, it tends to be discouraging.

The only drawing that I made off of my own imagination is proof:

2zfih42.jpg

Ignore the erased patch in the hair, though. I think I was going to reshade it and never did. So it's unfinished, I guess.

iwudqwickwkm

Dude... Money shouldn't be the absolute obstacle that stops you from drawing. IT'S DRAWING!

Paper. Pencil. You.

That's all you need.

Look up references, videos, books, games, shows, whatever it takes to get an idea in your mind and try it out.

And how come you can draw hair better then me? That's not fair at all...

I haven't loathed myself in a long, long time. I just loathe my drawing skills--or lack thereof, as shown by the post above you.

Seriously, though, Lux.

Just like spriting. You need to do it to improve. Even if you think you suck now, you will continue to suck until you go out and do it. If you're worried about copying, don't worry. Start working off something you like, then let your own style develop from there.

Be a man

Be a maaaaan

ReiRey OTP

Wait what

Ein and Fre fighting

Waifu and husbando

Lux's drawing skills

Hopeless

Me in a top hat

Who are you

>so poor

>no chance to improve

Lux if anything you have an even GREATER chance to improve. Basically what I think you need is proper motivation. such as a rival

iwudqwickwkm

Dude... Money shouldn't be the absolute obstacle that stops you from drawing. IT'S DRAWING!

Paper. Pencil. You.

That's all you need.

Look up references, videos, books, games, shows, whatever it takes to get an idea in your mind and try it out.

And how come you can draw hair better then me? That's not fair at all...

NOT MONEY I MEAN POOR AT DRAWING xD

Lux did you see my post did you did you did you did you did you huh huh huh huh?????

Also it's I'll make a man out of you, I believe x3

Edited by Freohr Datia

Be a maaaaan

Exactly.

Wait what

Rey was not happy.

Waifu and husbando

My thoughts indeed.

Hopeless

Right now, yes.

Who are you

Classy Pilot.

Assume you saw the picture, then?

It's a start dude

If you really want to be good at this shit

DO IT

DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG IT TOOK

Pretty much. I know we all want be MASTERS OF ANYTHING WE TRY the first time around but sometimes you just have to take your time.

There's also that artist lady who draws stuff for Castlevania. She's self taught AND OHMYGOD ALUCARD IS BISHIE AS FUCK.

Waifu and husbando

noooooooooooo

Don't give people ideas you jeeeeeeeeeeerk....!

>so poor

>no chance to improve

Lux if anything you have an even GREATER chance to improve. Basically what I think you need is proper motivation. such as a rival

>I mean no potential

>Not no room to improve, just not the possibility of improving

A rival? But...

>You're better than me

>Soluna is better than me

>Amelia is better than me

>Lumi is WAYYYYY better than me

>My friends that draw have done it for years

Ein and Fre fighting

Waifu and husbando

I am liking how you placed waifu under Ein and husbando underneath Fre. Are you insinuating Freohr would wear the pants?

Lux, draw or don't draw. Either way, stop whinging. :Knoll: