• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I JUST FORGOT ABOUT IT, OKAY. IT'S NOT LIKE I WAS STUCK OR ANYTHING. I JUST DIDN'T FEEL LIKE PLAYING SJ.

Now you're even deader than dead to me.

[spoiler=SMT logs]The Tokyo Government building was kind of a unique construction in that it consisted of two tall towers that after a certain floor were inaccessible to each other. Harkening back to before the flood, way back, when it was just me, Nightmar, and Ether, before I'd even found out Chalis had been reborn, and we were still just toppling Ozawa's corrupt regime, I think I remember a rumor about two powerful demons waging war on each other from across the towers. This must have been what they meant, and if so, this stalemate had been a long one. I didn't know or care which demon was atop which tower. Chalis and I had come to the agreement that we would defeat both of them, and hopefully spoiling the plans of both factions once and for all. We weren't sure if it would be enough to bring the conflict to an end, but we had to try it. Ascending one of the towers at random, we arrived face to face with Vishnu at the top. He was not about to allow foolish humans to impede him, but fought us and lost. Truly his flaw was in underestimating his opponents.

smtvishnu1.png

smtvishnu2.png

smtvishnu3.png

smtvishnu4.png

smtvishnu5.png

smtvishnu8.png

It was no surprise then that Ravana awaited us atop the other tower, so we made haste to find him, and dispatched him with comparatively little effort compared to Vishnu. While pondering this oddity (how could it have been a stalemate with this disparity in power?) his son, Indrajit showed up to avenge his father. Ahhh, if they had fought as a pair then things would make sense. Well, while together they may have been strong, individually they were both weak, and handily dispatched.

smtravana1.png

smtravana3.png

smtravana4.png

Upon our return to the Cathedral Ether was less than pleased. He swore off our friendship and pledged that the next time we met it would be our last, that we would fight and settle things as enemies on the battlefield.

smtethermad1.png

smtethermad2.png

smtethermad3.png

Nightmar wasn't happy either. He declared me an outcast and an infidel, and swore that if we ever crossed paths again he would kill me.

smtnightmad1.png

smtnightmad2.png

smtnightmad3.png

None of us were happy about how things had completely fallen apart and it was an utter shame that it had come to this, but we three were all too inflexible, and refused to back down. Everybody left this center vestibule, going their own ways. Advancing forward, Chalis and I were again greeted by the old man, who explained that much like the how the battle at the Government building had deadlocked, the skirmishes here in the Cathedral proper had also arrived at stalemate. Archangel Michael was chief of the forces of Law, to be found at the top of the 8th floor of the Cathedral while the Tenma Lord Asura who marshalled the forces of Chaos awaited at the bottom of the 8th basement level. Both needed to be defeated for the way of balance to succeed.

smtoldman1.png

smtoldman2.png

smtoldman3.png

smtoldman4.png

smtoldman5.png

smtoldman6.png

smtoldman7.png

smtoldman8.png

smtoldman9.png

The path ahead of us was clear, and this really felt like the final hurdle. If we could accomplish this, this would have to be the end. In light of this we stopped at one of the Cathedral towns for some final preparation work. This involved finally figuring out the key demons necessary for the Sword Fusion of the Kusanagi no Ken, enabling us to rank it up to a masterwork sword. There was some fusing up of our demon members, resulting in a crew of Lakshmi, Oberon, Komokuten, Hanuman, Indra, Rangda, Lich, Hariti, and Abaddon, and we were all set to proceed.

smtswordfusion1.png

smtswordfusion2.png

smtultimatesword.png

[spoiler=Our Heroes]

smtbalcer72.png

smtchalis72.png

In order not to disturb the fragile balance too much as we either ascended or descended, Chalis and I came to the agreement that we should clear out roughly as much of a path until the defeat of a major enemy commander in either direction, before turning around and going to battle the opposing forces. With this in mind we first ascended until we faced the Archangel Uriel.

smturiel1.png

smturiel2.png

smturiel4.png

Following that we descended to face the Demon King Surt.

smtsurt1.png

smtsurt2.png

smtsurt4.png

Then we trekked back up to dispatch Archangel Gabriel...

smtgabriel1.png

smtgabriel2.png

smtgabriel5.png

before descending again to take out the Demon Kings Astaroth and Arioch.

smtastaroth1.png

smtastaroth2.png

smtastaroth5.png

smtarioch1.png

smtarioch2.png

By this point, we felt tired of the constant slog back and forth, and figured we had to be near enough to weakening both factions that pressing on and eliminating one entirely would no longer carry the risk of inadvertently delivering victory to the other before we could go back and smash them down. We headed back up, aiming to the top, to remove the threat of the ironclad rule of Law. Before we were able to reach Michael at the top there was another Archangel waiting for us, Raphael. He fell, still convinced of his superiority and the ultimate victory of God.

smtraphael1.png

smtraphael2.png

smtraphael3.png

smtraphael5.png

smtraphael6.png

smtraphael7.png

After this we were surprised to find an exit leading outside. There was a huge balcony level, encircling the whole of the Cathedral, providing one last resting point midway up the ascent. We took advantage of this, allowing us to use a combination of Toraport and Toraest to quickly return as needed without losing our progress.

smtmidwaycathedral.png

Ah finally, Ein sees the light of Great Thing.

I'VE BEEN WATCHING A BUNCH OF DARIUS VIDEOS.

Thanks to the soundtrack of G-Darius.

You should be Great Force so we can be space battleship whales in arms.

[spoiler=SMT logs]

[spoiler=Our Heroes]

smtbalcer79.png

smtchalis79.png

Demons: Ananta, Oberon, Cherub, Vampire, Indra, Hanuman, Rangda, Lich, Abaddon, Fleurty

After having run the gauntlet of high-ranking angels and high-ranking demons, Chalis and I had grown much stronger. We were ready to take on the world, to topple Michael and Asura, and to champion the path of balance.

...What we weren't ready for was having to kill our friends.

Nightmar stood in our path, blocking the way up, and gave a final lecture. Even now he lamented our refusal to bow to God, denied that balance as an ideal was even something worth striving for.

smtnightfinale1.png

smtnightfinale4.png

smtnightfinale6.png

One again he asserted the fundamental worthlessness of human beings. Only but for the grace of God could they be redeemed, and only in service of God was use of power legitimate. I couldn't agree with his point of view, I knew it was wrong in my heart, but I couldn't convince him, and from his point of view we were the evil that needed to be destroyed.

smtnightfinale8.png

smtnightfinale9.png

smtnightfinale11.png

Even for a close friend, a great friend like Nightmar, this was a no mercy fight. If we had held back in our strength at all, he would have ended us. Thus it happened that he fell with a mortal wound, far beyond the ability of Chalis's magic to heal, or of his own. I clasped him by the hand as he breathed his final breaths, realizing that he was dying for a second time, that the God of Laws had deserted him to this fate, that the proclamations of him being a Messiah were nothing but lies. It was a sad thing for all of us, those final moments.

smtnightfinale13.png

smtnightfinale14.png

smtnightfinale15.png

smtnightfinale16.png

With heavy hearts, we pushed open the doors to the room where Archangel Michael was waiting for us. He confronted us with an air of superiority, a smug self-righteousness, looking down on us as if we were beings on the level of ants. He didn't shy away from the chance to twist the knife in the emotional wound of our having to just watch the life of one of our closest friends slip away, from injuries we were responsible for.

smtmichael1.png

smtmichael3.png

smtmichael4.png

smtmichael5.png

smtmichael6.png

smtmichael7.png

smtmichael12.png

For all his big talk, though, fighting Michael was nothing compared to fighting Nightmar. Chalis and I were free to go after him with clear conscious, and not even a flicker of doubt. The angel soon fell to his knees, expressing his remorse at his failure, begging forgiveness of God for his weakness. And then it was done.

smtmichael14.png

smtmichael15.png

The next destination was the Cathedral basement. However on the sixth level, quite to our surprise, we crossed paths with Louis Cypher once again. Noting our goal of defeating the Lord Asura, he recommended we go visit an island a little to the west. He assured us that what we found there would make the final battle easier. Chalis and I looked at each other, weighing the cost of such a detour, and then realizing that he was probably talking about the building that housed the mysterious presence, we decided that we would have to go check it out.

smtlucy1.png

smtlucy2.png

smtlucy3.png

smtlucy4.png

When we arrived, this time a voiced called out to greet us, followed by a form stepping out from the shadows. It was the Great Demon Lord Beelzebub, and he seemed... almost disappointed, as if he were expecting something... more from us. However he resolved to follow through on "his" request, and came at us with a fierce assault. By the time we had beat him back, his expression had changed to one of grudging respect, and he revealed that he had acted on the orders of Louis Cypher. Clearly something was afoot...

smtbeelzebub1.png

smtbeelzebub2.png

smtbeelzebub4.png

smtbeelzebub6.png

We made a beeline back to the lower levels of the Cathedral, hoping that nothing dreadful had taken place in our absence, that the forces of Chaos hadn't seized the opportunity to take full control. Chalis had just breathed a sigh of relief that they hadn't, and I was about to join her, when Ether stepped out in front of us, challenging us. Like Nightmar, he too bemoaned our inability to "see reason" and firmly insisted that balance as a goal was foolish. It was merely an unstable equilibrium, existing only for brief times before tilting one way or the other. It could never last, and to hope for it was betting on the longest odds.

smtetherfinale1.png

smtetherfinale2.png

smtetherfinale4.png

smtetherfinale5.png

This too was a dreadful fight to have to happen, and Ether's powers were considerable, straining the both of us to our limits. He swung his sword with precision strokes, and flung his fire spells with fury. After a long hard fight, the two of us were panting, winded, over his fallen body, as he lay bleeding out, wounded beyond repair. He cursed himself in his old habit of self-loathing, always finding more "weakness" in himself than others could ever see. At the end, after wondering if this had all just been a nightmare, he concluded that no, the time he'd spent with us, our friendships, at the very least if it were a dream, it had been a good one.

smtetherfinale7.png

smtetherfinale8.png

smtetherfinale9.png

With fierce tightness in my chest, wiping back tears with the back of my hand, I stood up to press forward only to find, Rie, the girl that Ether had fallen in with that we'd met at TDL barred the way. Beside herself with disbelief she dressed us down for our callous actions, for murdering our dear friend. She then revealed herself as Lilith. It seems that Ether had actually finally found a yandere after all, though her focus was not truly on him.

smtlilithfinale1.png

smtlilithfinale2.png

She repeated her story from before, when we had met her via Louis at Ueno, about how she really was supposed to have been my eternal partner, not Chalis. How nothing had gone her way, how it wasn't her fault. This time, mad with grief she wasn't able to hold herself back, to stop from attacking, though Chalis and I managed to fend her off, and she left, dropping the Belial Pot and leaving it behind her.

smtlilithfinale4.png

smtlilithfinale5.png

smtlilithfinale6.png

smtlilithfinale7.png

Almost exhausted, but impatient to be done, we pressed on into the final basement, entering the chambers of Lord Asura. His mocking was perhaps worse that Michael's even, as not only did he jab at the death of Ether at our hands, but he laid our motive for it in the wrong place. Presuming us to be here as agents of God sent to depose him as a holy quest, rather then the true reason of removing all the higher powers from influencing man, setting humanity back on its own path to find the balance. They were stinging words, but they soon ended when he started his attack, seeking to stamp us out and remove the opposition of Chaos once and for all.

smtasura1.png

smtasura2.png

smtasura3.png

smtasura4.png

smtasura5.png

After his defeat, Asura gave a bitter lament. They had been just at the cusp, right at the edge of Lucifer's "utopia", only to have it snatched away. At this point there was no pity in either of our hearts for the demon, none at all, and after he faded away, dispatched back to hell, we moved onward.

smtasura7.png

smtasura8.png

smtasura9.png

There was a console here, a terminal. Where did it lead?

At the very least, in the end, I feel good that even knowing I died, it wasn't as a slave of God. You chose the roles well, my other half, I would have been writhing in utmost displeasure had I been portrayed as some God revering buffoon.

*wakes up*

*is hungry*

*sees pop-corn and cookies*

this day didn't start well either..

But..... But I............. I.....................................................................

;A;

Cookie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>≥popcorn

I didn't say it was a good substitute. I mean popcorn is yum yum but cookiiiieeeeesssssss ;A;

Edited by Freohr Datia