FE4 THREAD

Fia

New neighbors are blasting French rap already.

11 months...

Just go "TOKI O TOMARE! ZA WARUDO! MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!! Soshite toki wa ugokidasu... WRYYYYYYYYYY"

And that's my Jojo reference for now, thank you.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

what the hell

It was a French rap song I learned in school which taught us how all of the verbs that used etre instead of avoir in passe compose.

Although, its use was kind of limited. It's easier just to remember which verbs do that instead of the song itself.

Also, I just realized it's probably "aller," not "allez."

Edited by Lux Aeterna

*yo

'yo' wouldn't really make sense, I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, my Japanese is very rusty.

Translated, it's supposed to be "Time is stopped" which implies an action, a verb by time. In Japanese, the particle for "to stop" or tomaru, is 'o' or 'wo' with a silent 'w'. Thus, it is "Toki wo/o tomare".

An example in the episode is "Toki wa tomata" which is a more informal way of stating that time has stopped.

'yo' wouldn't really make sense, I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, my Japanese is very rusty.

Translated, it's supposed to be "Time is stopped" which implies an action, a verb by time. In Japanese, the particle for "to stop" or tomaru, is 'o' or 'wo' with a silent 'w'. Thus, it is "Toki wo/o tomare".

An example in the episode is "Toki wa tomata" which is a more informal way of stating that time has stopped.

Tomaru is intransitive. It works with "ga", not "(w)o"; tomeru calls for (w)o.

"Toki yo", however, works as a vocative. And tomare is an imperative tense. So, "toki yo tomare" would be roughly "stop, time!"

For the record, the hardest cheat ever is the level select code in Sonic 3. Ugh...

It is. Fuck it.

Edited by TheEnd

"Toki yo", however, works as a vocative. And tomare is an imperative tense. So, "toki yo tomare" would be roughly "stop, time!"

It is. Fuck it.

Huh... well, whatever. My knowledge of Japanese is pretty limited, so yeah. *shrugs*

What was it again? I forgot.

When you have to push up up down down up up up up on the opening animation before it finishes. The code almost never works.

Edited by Zak defender of...

When you have to push up up down down up up up up on the opening animation before it finishes. The code almost never works.

"Oh, you want to cheat? Alright, let's make it harder than actually beating the game."

A third way to unlock the level select menu (if you don't mind risking the long-term health of your console and cartridges) is to load up Sonic 2, unlock its level select (19, 65, 09, 17 in the sound test), swap the cartridge with Sonic 3 without turning the power off, and then press Reset. This works because the RAM variable that unlocks the level select is preserved when you reset the console (Sonic 3 was built upon Sonic 2's source code, and thus shares a number of RAM variables).

If I had the actual cart I'd totally do this...

[spoiler=Drunk!Roxas might even be better than Drunk!Mumu]

e28fb36b.jpg

d4ff33ff.jpg

485d0fae.jpg

[spoiler=The awkward moment when your girlfriend lashes out at you like a harpie.]

908436d3.jpg

Edited by Roxas

Wow.

That's impressive, Roxas.

Seventeen-year-olds and their older cousins forcing Everclear jello shots on everybody are things that should never mix.

Probably my first real hangover I've ever had, too. e__e

Owowowowowowowowo. Bad me. OWOWOWOWOWOW NO BAD.

That whole "SUBJECT! *INSERT COMMAND HERE*" epic declaration... OWOWOWOW BAD. ME. BAD. DON'T THINK LIKE THAT. BAD. NO. BAAAAAD.

Edit:

Wow.

That's impressive, Roxas.

I demand we compare this to when I'm on Yoohoo.

Edited by shadowofchaos