FE4 THREAD

Fia

So, I decided to download the only Captain Tsubasa (2002) torrent I found. You know, for nostalgia and stuff.

soccercyborg.jpg

Those subs are so good. Every time I feel bad about my lack of skill with Japanese, all I have to do it watch a fansub... it makes me feel so badass

TE = Toki.

I really wish

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I decided to download the only Captain Tsubasa (2002) torrent I found. You know, for nostalgia and stuff.

soccercyborg.jpg

Those subs are so good. Every time I feel bad about my lack of skill with Japanese, all I have to do it watch a fansub... it makes me feel so badass

Hahahaha, that's hilarious.

I'm okay with this is she agrees

Hmmm.

The way you voice your consent sounds kinda...parental.

Rei Rei is going Hissatsu Ichigeki on NTG, and you don't mind?

...yeah that song is still stuck in my head.

Speaking of Hissatsu Ichigeki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlzOTfuu0c

XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

Jesus Beam = Procrastination Beam?

Also, lol Super Campeões.

I don't procrastinate on my duties, though

The 2002 anime was so badly animated and stuff, but I don't care.

Also, talking about nostalgia... been watching Saint Seiya Omega. Took 20 episodes until something decent happened.

Hahahaha, that's hilarious.

That it is.

takingeverythingfromme.jpg

Ichigekiiii

XD

Try it out!

Edited by TheEnd

Are the majority of subs really that shitty? I mean there are some really terrible ones I know, but most of them?

I don't know if I got this.

The 2002 anime was so badly animated and stuff, but I don't care.

Also, talking about nostalgia... been watching Saint Seiya Omega. Took 20 episodes until something decent happened.

Even the 90s one was goddamn ridiculous.

Srsly? What happened?

Are the majority of subs really that shitty? I mean there are some really terrible ones I know, but most of them?

That shitty? Well, of course not. This one doesn't even have proper grammar, anyone can see it's horrible. But it's true that the vast majority of fansubs get a lot of things wrong... they're often done by people who have never studied any Japanese formally, after all.

And you know that translating a language without studying it, just with Google Translate and a dictionary, can only end well.

Edited by TheEnd

And you know that translating a language without studying it, just with Google Translate and a dictionary, can only end well.

There's always exceptions to the rule. Like that Valkyria Chronicles 3 Translation script someone made without any lick of Japanese and just used multiple online translators.

And 80% of it was right spot on. At least, as much as I could tell. Though obviously, mistakes were there for things that were tricky.

Edited by shadowofchaos

XD

Considering how your posted samples:

I think I'd end up turning off the subs. XD

This is almost as amusing as those Yugioh Hong Kong bootlegs, dude

There's always exceptions to the rule. Like that Valkyria Chronicles 3 Translation script someone made without any lick of Japanese and just used multiple online translators.

And 80% of it was right spot on. At least, as much as I could tell. Though obviously, mistakes were there for things that were tricky.

The translations are usually 80% spot-on - the Japanese normally used in games and anime is simple as hell.

That first screen inspired me to get a new member title.

Glad to be of service, sir.

I remember those bootleg HnK subs that IIRC were translated by Koreans. Toki was renamed Dochi and that was the least of the problems.

"Cornwind Evilman".

I remember sis linking me to Yugioh fansub long ago. Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts... oh how far you have fallen.

Tired of the 4kids version, my brother decided to look for the original. In any form. I even translated a couple episodes for him.

Most of the time, he couldn't find raws though. Or even fansubs. Only those bootlegs.

DIGNITY OF THE RETARDED

That's too good.

I really dunno if that's in the actual bootleg, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. It's just that bad.

Or good, depending on how you see it.

Hey people.

(Psst, Nightmare, I finally had a chance to mention Zeddmare in my stories again!)

Cool

I really dunno if that's in the actual bootleg, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. It's just that bad.

Or good, depending on how you see it.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised.

Meanwhile, I have these subs of Ip Man and its sequel, and they translate "Master Ip" as "Leaf master". And then there are things like this.