FE4 THREAD

Fia

My mindset is so old fashioned when it comes to relationships.

... though is that really a bad thing?

Ok, seriously now. REDHEADS ARE LOVE.

Even though I would be a bit shook up if my fiancee weren't a virgin, I wouldn't mind it much. Depends on how many guys she banged.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Shall I poke this one redhead and convince her to be sacrificed to the gods?

Hope she's a virgin.

What's up with old civilizations sacrificing virgins anyways? That's like getting a new car and immediately driving it off a fucking cliff.

What's up with old civilizations sacrificing virgins anyways? That's like getting a new car and immediately driving it off a fucking cliff.

It's called tithing. When you have a bunch of pigs to use in your farm, you pay 10%... or you give away the BEST (not the worst) of the set. Same if you have sheep.

I guess a virgin is a symbol of purity, so offering them to the gods would supposedly please them.

It's called tithing. When you have a bunch of pigs to use in your farm, you pay 10%... or you give away the BEST (not the worst) of the set. Same if you have sheep.

I understand that, but...

My mindset is so old fashioned when it comes to relationships.

... though is that really a bad thing?

Depends. Do you believe there are specific gender roles that each person should fill and that relationships should be arranged?

Depends. Do you believe there are specific gender roles that each person should fill and that relationships should be arranged?

Lux, not THAT old fashioned.

I would say it is.

Explain your reasoning, if you would be so kind. I'm honestly curious.

Lux, not THAT old fashioned.

Well, when you think about it, most forms of "old-fashioned" have negative auras to them.

The only thing you could possibly say is that being more polite was the status quo. Even then, up until about 50 years ago it was really common for mistreatment to occur (usually husband to wife) once the ball and chain was latched on.

If you're talking about something more recent, that's not old-fashioned. That's just the difference between being good and being an asshole. I wouldn't really say it's a contemporary thing, as many people have been assholes to their S.O.s all throughout time.

it was really common for mistreatment to occur (usually husband to wife) once the ball and chain was latched on.

Here's my problem with that. And I have a BIG problem with those kinds of things.

"Why the HELL do you act differently once the knot has been tied?"

Geez.

False advertising. I'm sorry, I want to live together with the person I fell in love with, not someone who was just putting on a mask to fish me out.

Did they forget the reason they even married each other in the first place?

Edited by shadowofchaos

My assumption is that it's the decay of the relationship. One problem with the relationships of today in particular (that I will admit were less frequent in older times) is that people tend to rush into marriage and then realize either "I don't love this person" or "Fuck, I'm not ready for this..."

Explain your reasoning, if you would be so kind. I'm honestly curious.

Lux, surprisingly, said pretty much what I was going to say. The "old times" had strict gender roles which were incredibly sexist toward women, among other things. I'm sure that's not what you mean when you say old fashioned, but it's what comes to my mind whenever someone uses that phrase in regards to relationships.

WAAAHHHHHH I NEED A NEW SANCTUARY FROM THE SANCTUARY AKUERHGFIUASERGSOIURBGXHJGPWIURBGMFVXMFQOBYUKSFRYORUDFSHYBVXMGFPYUKSUERYQGOUBRYGKSJFVAOUBGRKSJGFVBFXVGPAWUOEG

:3

Here's my problem with that. And I have a BIG problem with those kinds of things.

"Why the HELL do you act differently once the knot has been tied?"

Geez.

False advertising. I'm sorry, I want to live together with the person I fell in love with, not someone who was just putting on a mask to fish me out.

Did they forget the reason they even married each other in the first place?

That's normal. Relationships aren't like animu/mango. >:3

The countdown to episode 82 pains me

Even though I would be a bit shook up if my fiancee weren't a virgin, I wouldn't mind it much. Depends on how many guys she banged.

You'd be happier not knowing that.

Speaking of old fashioned sexism... Japan is still like that when it comes to women working in the office.

Once they get married, usually they are asked to resign. Or get fired. Their pick.

Japan's extreme conservationism has given them two "lost decades".

Edited by TheEnd

Yeah, that scene shows 37 dicks. OF COURSE IT DOESN'T.

It's a funny as hell dialogue. You guys should check it out.