• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

It's okay Hasan

Actually I was thinking about BoF2, 1 was still quite primitive

Is it really

Yeah, I tried playing 1 (on GBA, even), but the insane encounter rate got the best of me.

Though I've beaten Phantasy Star I and II recently, so I guess now I'm ready for archaic design. Maybe I should try again...

lol oops

Why so afraid, Jenni

Though I've beaten Phantasy Star I and II recently, so I guess now I'm ready for archaic design. Maybe I should try again...

Excellent. What did you think of them? Also, have you played 4?

Edited by OldMan

Bye Jenni.

Excellent. What did you think of them? Also, have you played 4?

I liked them both a lot, but I think I slightly preferred I over II. I haven't played IV yet, as I'm trying to play through III first (which has been put on hold because of FF marathon...) so that I can understand and enjoy the continuity better (as I have heard/read that it's heavy on continuity).

I accidentally played IV a bit though, since it didn't have a number and I thought it was I. :x

Edited by Nightmare

I liked them both a lot, but I think I slightly preferred I over II. I haven't played IV yet, as I'm trying to play through III first (which has been put on hold because of FF marathon...) so that I can understand and enjoy the continuity better (as I have heard/read that it's heavy on continuity).

I accidentally played IV a bit though, since it didn't have a number and I thought it was I. :x

They're the only console RPGs I physically own. I rather like PS2's concise narrative - when you think about it, the things happening in that game are quite outrageous. And even more so in the Japanese version.

PS4 has like one passing reference to PS3, if I recall correctly. According to the official chronology, it seems PS3 happens 1000 years after 4, in a far away place, after all...

I couldn't remember more than Mohammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ;A;

/pat

with silliness.

let me finish geez

I had a strong feeling you were going to do that...

B-but if she dies just for the sake of silliness, I'd still say you're quite horrible ;~;

I had a strong feeling you were going to do that...

B-but if she dies just for the sake of silliness, I'd still say you're quite horrible ;~;

It's like saying someone has an explosive personality.

explosives

They're the only console RPGs I physically own. I rather like PS2's concise narrative - when you think about it, the things happening in that game are quite outrageous. And even more so in the Japanese version.

PS4 has like one passing reference to PS3, if I recall correctly. According to the official chronology, it seems PS3 happens 1000 years after 4, in a far away place, after all...

Actually, the narrative is what I like best about PSII and prefer over PSI (and the characters too, especially Kain. Though ODIN is an awesome name). Like you said, it's pretty good considering the events that happen (even if the game is minimalist about it, but I suppose that's a thing of the time it was in). The one thing that got me tired of PSII though, in comparison to PSI, was the dungeon design. I think I got a few headaches by the end of the game. The thing about PSI's dungeons is that they're easy to navigate if you have a map; PSII's are hella confusing even with a map. What's the difference between the Japanese version and the other versions?

Ahhh, I didn't know that. Interesting. Though even if for that one passing reference, I'll still probably play it first...

with silliness.

let me finish geez

You Fiend.

Edited by Nightmare

Bye bye Sask!

It's like saying someone has an explosive personality.

explosives

It's like saying your face

Yeah I definitely didn't know what it meeeeeeaaaaaaaaant =<

Actually, the narrative is what I like best about PSII and prefer over PSI (and the characters too, especially Kain. Though ODIN is an awesome name). Like you said, it's pretty good considering the events that happen (even if the game is minimalist about it, but I suppose that's a thing of the time it was in). The one thing that got me tired of PSII though, in comparison to PSI, was the dungeon design. I think I got a few headaches by the end of the game. The thing about PSI's dungeons is that they're easy to navigate if you have a map; PSII's are hella confusing even with a map. What's the difference between the Japanese version and the other versions?

PS2's dungeons are harsh alright. Especially the temples. I remember actually mapping the final dungeon, and my brother refused to play through it in his game because I lost the map I made...

Remember when Tyler saves the party? In the original, he doesn't - he gets them cloned instead.

On a related note, I can't imagine the suffering of someone navigating through Baya Malay without a map.

Ahhh, I didn't know that. Interesting. Though even if for that one passing reference, I'll still probably play it first...

It's really very minor, but I'll refrain from saying what it is. It might be a spoiler if you're in the dark.

'Night Sask

Edited by OldMan

PS2's dungeons are harsh alright. Especially the temples. I remember actually mapping the final dungeon, and my brother refused to play through it in his game because I lost the map I made...

Remember when Tyler saves the party? In the original, he doesn't - he gets them cloned instead.

On a related note, I can't imagine the suffering of someone navigating through Baya Malay without a map.

Ahahaha, that's quite unfortunate. I remember the days when my brother and I mapped things...

Whoa, that's quite hardcore. Incidentally, the Tyler part was one of my favourite things that happened.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I was suffering a bit even with a map, thank you very much.

It's really very minor, but I'll refrain from saying what it is. It might be a spoiler if you're in the dark.

Oh yes, I am quite in the dark. I also like to go in blind since I feel I enjoy things more that way.