• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pun on seppuku, Miss Sassypants.

Yes, this is what I was referring too, but was too lazy to look it up.

This is what I get for watching the historically inaccurate "the last samurai", but oh well, i love this movie.

That's because you understand the nature of religion, comrade, that there is no compulsion in it. It disgusts me as well.

In the end, all it does is annoying people and driving them away

...Why are you watching Hentai? Isn't that against your religion?

And it was a good thing that I was.

Oh you didn't.

If you say so.

No, but it gets pretty... tiring too... but you're right. Humans are impossible to please, and yet I try sometimes. And end up burning myself.

I think I read this somewhere on an advertisement on the train, about the meaning of life or something related to philosophy class. So we never really learn the meaning of life? I wish I can at least grasp something though.

Yes it is. I see it around sometimes, I guess, and it's stupid. Even if I'm not religious.

Hmm... I think I was told that before too. It must hold some truth. Yet I'm not sure what I'm good at either.

It's not wrong to try pleasing people, the issue is your focus

We grasp some things along the way

Or at least feel we do

Then we notice we didn't, but that illusion gave us strength to go further

It's quite true

Then you must discover that somehow

And you can't know it without trying

It's not wrong to try pleasing people, the issue is your focus

We grasp some things along the way

Or at least feel we do

Then we notice we didn't, but that illusion gave us strength to go further

It's quite true

Then you must discover that somehow

And you can't know it without trying

Hmm... well, it can't be good to try to please everyone though...

We as in others. I can't say I've grasped anything really. Sometimes, or maybe it's times like these that I wish I didn't think so I didn't have to wonder the meaning of life or anything.

Maybe... I also have the issue of lack of motivation. And then feeling like there'll always be someone better at it, so then I try even less to be 'good' at it or something. I mean it's not like I'm saying I want to be the best or that I'm trying to be Asian or something, but I... maybe I'm making excuses for myself right now too. I've always been compared to when growing up anyway.

Hmm... well, it can't be good to try to please everyone though...

We as in others. I can't say I've grasped anything really. Sometimes, or maybe it's times like these that I wish I didn't think so I didn't have to wonder the meaning of life or anything.

Maybe... I also have the issue of lack of motivation. And then feeling like there'll always be someone better at it, so then I try even less to be 'good' at it or something. I mean it's not like I'm saying I want to be the best or that I'm trying to be Asian or something, but I... maybe I'm making excuses for myself right now too. I've always been compared to when growing up anyway.

It's as the anecdote says

And old man and his grandson were walking with a donkey

When the old man rode it, people complained he was making the poor child walk

When the child rode it, people complained he was making the poor old man walk

When both rode it, people complained they were making the poor donkey suffer

When none rode it, people complained it was a waste to carry a donkey around without someone riding it

When they tried to carry the donkey, people laughed at them - two donkeys carrying another one

But you've already been blessed and cursed with reason, so it can't be helped

There'll always be someone better

But the someone better isn't always available, and isn't always willing to get shit done

Compared to what

At least it would be for the other catholics I know.

And I should stay away?

If you're going to just trashtalk people about their religions, sure

Stay away

Edited by OldMan

In the end, all it does is annoying people and driving them away

Yup, it's sad.

When none rode it, people complained it was a waste to carry a donkey around without someone riding it

When they tried to carry the donkey, people laughed at them - two donkeys carrying another one

Hahaha, I love that anecdote.

But you've already been blessed and cursed with reason, so it can't be helped

There'll always be someone better

But the someone better isn't always available, and isn't always willing to get shit done

Compared to what

Hmm... that sums up how people are very well. People will always complain no matter what... And they'll never be satisfied with something. And sometimes take advantage of others too.

Wait what do you mean blessed/cursed with reason?

I suppose... I have no clue how good I'd be. I have like, no self-esteem or anything, so it's not like I'd be able to see myself doing well either.

Compared to like, anyone really. Whether it's my cousins (that I don't even talk to anymore), someone else's daughters, etc. Or even a neighbor's kid!

Hmm... that sums up how people are very well. People will always complain no matter what... And they'll never be satisfied with something. And sometimes take advantage of others too.

Wait what do you mean blessed/cursed with reason?

I suppose... I have no clue how good I'd be. I have like, no self-esteem or anything, so it's not like I'd be able to see myself doing well either.

Compared to like, anyone really. Whether it's my cousins (that I don't even talk to anymore), someone else's daughters, etc. Or even a neighbor's kid!

There really are all kinds of people in this world

The same way you've been blessed and cursed with freedom

It means you can find a way

But it also means you can get lost

Instant expertise is something that usually only happens in fiction

And being the best at something is far from being a requirement to get things done

There really are all kinds of people in this world

The same way you've been blessed and cursed with freedom

It means you can find a way

But it also means you can get lost

Instant expertise is something that usually only happens in fiction

And being the best at something is far from being a requirement to get things done

I know there are... I mean even though I'm sheltered, I know there are different kinds of people out there. Which makes it scarier.

I suppose.... I wonder why we evolved to have the capacity to feel and think.. But I suppose life wouldn't be as it is now if we didn't have that either.

Oh, I didn't mean to have instant expertise... I know it comes with practice... It's just... maybe it's another effect of my mom's lecturing. How certain things are too late to acquire at a certain age, like how she keeps saying older people can't attend college, etc.

Mmm, I suppose I equated being the best with also being able to get things done too. But that'd be too stressful, wouldn't it? To be the best AND to get things done at the same time... Yet... yet that'll yield a lot of approval, wouldn't it?

It can take a long time for a person to accept and like themselves for who they are. Some people later than others. You can't please everyone. You need to make sure you like yourself before you worry about what anyone else thinks.

I hate phone

Edited by Sangyul

I know there are... I mean even though I'm sheltered, I know there are different kinds of people out there. Which makes it scarier.

I suppose.... I wonder why we evolved to have the capacity to feel and think.. But I suppose life wouldn't be as it is now if we didn't have that either.

Oh, I didn't mean to have instant expertise... I know it comes with practice... It's just... maybe it's another effect of my mom's lecturing. How certain things are too late to acquire at a certain age, like how she keeps saying older people can't attend college, etc.

Mmm, I suppose I equated being the best with also being able to get things done too. But that'd be too stressful, wouldn't it? To be the best AND to get things done at the same time... Yet... yet that'll yield a lot of approval, wouldn't it?

Of course, things can become far more difficult if you try them outside of the order (or the time) people expect you to do them

Depressingly difficult at times, in fact

But if you can get them done, it's that more satisfying

Approval and envy

And thus people trying to take you down

It can take a long time for a person to accept and like themselves for who they are. Some people later than others. You can't please everyone. You need to make sure you like yourself before you worry about what anyone else thinks.

I hate phone

I hate phones more Edited by OldMan

I hate phone

Mmmm... that's true... In all honesty, there were points in my life where I did accepted and liked myself for who I am. And then I would falter from that mindset. I'm not sure what happened. I think I'm still a bit fragile and perhaps it requires more therapy? And you're right, I mean I know that yet I still can't help but worry about others' opinions. Which also becomes another vicious cycle. People might tell me not to worry but because I don't see it myself, it's harder for me to realize it and I start thinking they're lying to me or something... and yeah.

I'm sorry... posting on the phone is hard indeed. :(

Of course, things can become far more difficult if you try them outside of the order (or the time) people expect you to do them

Depressingly difficult at times, in fact

But if you can get them done, it's that more satisfying

Approval and envy

And thus people trying to take you down

Order? I don't know what people really expect of me anymore... or maybe I do but I'm not aware of it.

I'm not good with coping with difficult times either... Sigh... that makes me wonder what I'm really capable of coping with...

... True... It's so conflicting then... but it's also satisfying to be good at something... well, I guess then not the best... But if I could be good at something then.

Order? I don't know what people really expect of me anymore... or maybe I do but I'm not aware of it.

I'm not good with coping with difficult times either... Sigh... that makes me wonder what I'm really capable of coping with...

... True... It's so conflicting then... but it's also satisfying to be good at something... well, I guess then not the best... But if I could be good at something then.

I meant in general

Many aren't

People are really weak you know

There are some pleasures we can only imagine

We can't experience them all

Also is your avatar eating a heart

I meant in general

Many aren't

People are really weak you know

There are some pleasures we can only imagine

We can't experience them all

Also is your avatar eating a heart

Oh... Well then yeah... But still, I'm really bad at timing too.

Are they? I dunno, it feels like some people are pretty strong. But I suppose they must have gone through something to become that strong, huh? It's like, I sort of see you as strong.

Pleasures... I suppose we can't since we're mortal. If I can experience some kinda pleasure, haha.

NO... I think.... Maybe. I eat hearts.

Oh... Well then yeah... But still, I'm really bad at timing too.

Are they? I dunno, it feels like some people are pretty strong. But I suppose they must have gone through something to become that strong, huh? It's like, I sort of see you as strong.

People are weak and life is harsh

So they cling to illusions to they can keep on going

Me, a damn manchild, strong

Hahaha

Pleasures... I suppose we can't since we're mortal. If I can experience some kinda pleasure, haha.

What are games

NO... I think.... Maybe. I eat hearts.

why shirley

People are weak and life is harsh

So they cling to illusions to they can keep on going

Me, a damn manchild, strong

Hahaha

What are games

why shirley

That's true, but what will illusions accomplish? Then again, I'm a bit envious of those who can do that...

... What are you laughing at. D:

Weeeell... temporary pleasures sometimes? Sometimes not.

Because... it's better than breaking hearts?

That's true, but what will illusions accomplish? Then again, I'm a bit envious of those who can do that...

... What are you laughing at. D:

Weeeell... temporary pleasures sometimes? Sometimes not.

Because... it's better than breaking hearts?

A motivation is best judged by what accomplishments it allows. There are lies that construct, and truths that destroy.

Because it's really laughable

There are no permanent pleasures

Things don't work that way

Is it really

ouch

Go comfort her penguin

I have to sleep

Edited by OldMan