FE4 THREAD

Fia

What, why?! I was trying to say that you're better. D:

I'll feel better if I tell you that you at least have a job. And I don't.

...Okay, that didn't work as expected. orz

Edited by Marthur

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

And I've apparently shrinked to 1.78m or something

Question 4

Our objective was to make characters naturally fall in love with each other

Q. So, in this game characters can fall in love, marry and have children. I'm sure you guys had many drafts about it, but how did you settle with the final mechanics?

A. At first, we considered letting characters give presents and some special items to their beloved ones during certain events that would trigger during gameplay, raising intimacy in the process. However, having a lot of love dovey events during battle would be a bit too much, so we cut as many of them as we could.

Our objective was to make love an internal parameter, so that the player wouldn't quite notice as his characters naturally fell in love with each other. However, what happened was that players focused on couple-making, limiting the ways they could play the game. That was our mistake.

Anyway, this is how we wanted to have it done: the second generation characters would have their mothers fixed, but depending on the their father their sprite, dialogue, personalities, etc. would change. Memory issues kept us from doing that, however. And besides, most players would just want to make the strongest children they could anyway... and there's another way it limited them.

However, we made it so that the 2nd gen game balance is more interesting when you play with the substitutes (that seems to be how people are calling the characters you get when couples don't happen). We'd like people to play the game over and over under harsher conditions, as they get better at it.

Do I need to care about the rest of the interview

Edited by OldMan

I'll feel better if I tell you that you at least have a job. And I don't.

...Okay, that didn't work as expected. orz

....well..... I'm sorry.... ;_;

and how do you shrink.

Edited by Shirley

Question 4

Our objective was to make characters naturally fall in love with each other

Q. So, in this game characters can fall in love, marry and have children. I'm sure you guys had many drafts about it, but how did you settle with the final mechanics?

A. At first, we considered letting characters give presents and some special items to their beloved ones during certain events that would trigger during gameplay, raising intimacy in the process. However, having a lot of love dovey events during battle would be a bit too much, so we cut as many of them as we could.

Our objective was to make love an internal parameter, so that the player wouldn't quite notice as his characters naturally fell in love with each other. However, what happened was that players focused on couple-making, limiting the ways they could play the game. That was our mistake.

Anyway, this is how we wanted to have it done: the second generation characters would have their mothers fixed, but depending on the their father their sprite, dialogue, personalities, etc. would change. Memory issues kept us from doing that, however. And besides, most players would just want to make the strongest children they could anyway... and there's another way it limited them.

However, we made it so that the 2nd gen game balance is more interesting when you play with the substitutes (that seems to be how people are calling the characters you get when couples don't happen). We'd like people to play the game over and over under harsher conditions, as they get better at it.

Do I need to care about the rest of the interview

They sure were hopeful with their first draft for the children. :/:

"and there's another way it limited them." -> Wonder what he meant by that.

Yes please, or summary if it's really boring?

They sure were hopeful with their first draft for the children. :/:

"and there's another way it limited them." -> Wonder what he meant by that.

Yes please, or summary if it's really boring?

I mean

Since players would be focused on making the strongest children, that limited the way they played the game

B-but N64

Why? You didn't do anything.

evolution-computer.png

Well.... I just felt like I should apologize. I feel depressed even though I'm employed.

What does that have to do with people shrinking.

What's 1.78m in ft, TE.

Well.... I just felt like I should apologize. I feel depressed even though I'm employed.

What does that have to do with people shrinking.

What's 1.78m in ft, TE.

I always have to use a converter to know that answer

The metric system is superior and you should submit to it

I mean

Since players would be focused on making the strongest children, that limited the way they played the game

B-but N64

Yet we played it dozen of times because dat replayability.

Does he mention if he has any plans for it?

I always have to use a converter to know that answer

The metric system is superior and you should submit to it

;_; I guess I'll google it.

It is but... I've been too tainted with the US ... thing.

You can do better than that, silly.

but that's what I was curious about. D:

well 15 mins before I go. first to a bar with my coworkers.... to drink soda myself. \o/

but that's what I was curious about. D:

well 15 mins before I go. first to a bar with my coworkers.... to drink soda myself. \o/

Yeah right soda

Hi Interest!

I see.........

Have fun

how else can it be better?

SURE.

@Rei Rei: IT IS. I shouldn't drink alcohol while taking my meds.

Edited by Shirley

The next game is for N64?! I'd like to portray the Akaneia stories before the War of Shadows

Q. N64 is out. What new possibilities would it allow for simulation RPGs like FE?

A. I'm sure it'd allow us to build cleverer enemy movement patterns - make them move in a rational way, based on the circumstances. Lowering the loading time for complicated things to happen would be nice, too. He couldn't quite do most of the things we've thought in the games so far, after all.

Blah blah graphics battle scenes with polygons clearer portrait expressions

Q. Will there be a next game? If so, will be it for the N64?

A. That's unclear right now. But if we do, we'd like to keep the difficulty high, but, at the same time, make it simpler again. Simple in a FE-like way, though.

For the story, I'd like to go back to Akaneia. In the previous games, the story begins with Marth rising from Talys, but there's some backstory before that. There were some interesting enemy characters, like Camus and Michalis, and I'd like to tell their stories sometime.

FREE

I am sorry to hear that

When I was your age... that'd be 2007

At last I was finishing my monograph, and was prepared to face two years of unemployment as I tried public tests for stuff

Things were just about to go downhill

But that's in the past now