• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Grinding is SOOOOO boring...I am talking about Awakening btw...

I sank like 40 hours into my lunatic file. Just because I was DLC grinding to get my team to an acceptable level so they wouldn't die instantly.

Everyone has capped all their important stats, and even now lunatic enemies are still a challenge. I love it.

Sex is not synonymous with gender. Someone who says sex and means gender is using the word incorrectly.

SEX: either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions: adults of both sexes.

GENDER: the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones): traditional concepts of gender | [ as modifier ] : gender roles.

Okay, so maybe they're not identical, but I find them similar enough to be used synonymously, given the context of world culture up to this point.

But anyway, that wasn't my point...

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I thought you wanted excitement.

If this was directed at me, excitement doesn't mean I like dying instantly because my characters are too weak to stand against lunatic enemies.

Man you really take a lot of things seriously don't you

We make "lewd" jokes because even if it's not meant to be taken in a lewd manner, it can be

I mean that's like why puns exist

Have you read shakespeare that guy's writing is full of sexual innuendos and a lot of it is wordplay

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

SEX: either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions: adults of both sexes.

GENDER: the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones): traditional concepts of gender | [ as modifier ] : gender roles.

Okay, so maybe they're not identical, but I find them similar enough to be used synonymously.

But anyway, that wasn't my point...

Considering the number of genderqueer users on this site alone, that is pretty insensitive.

What would you call a hermaphrodite?

We make "lewd" jokes because even if it's not meant to be taken in a lewd manner, it can be

Oyasumi Fruity Ninja.

Edited by Makaze

Considering the number of genderqueer users on this site alone, that is pretty insensitive.

What would you call a hermaphrodite?

Again, my point wasn't about gender and sex; it was about implications of words based of one meaning...

But to answer you question, I'd call a hermaphrodite a person with physical qualities of both sexes. What gender (or sex) he/she identifies himself/herself as is up to him/her. That will most likely be tied to how hermaphroditic he/she is and what psychological and social influence he/she had growing up.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Again, my point wasn't about gender and sex; it was about implications of words based of one meaning...

But to answer you question, I'd call a hermaphrodite a person with physical qualities of both sexes. What gender (or sex) he/she identifies himself/herself as is up to him/her. That will most likely be tied to how hermaphroditic he/she is and what psychological and social influence he/she had growing up.

So you understand the problem.

Have you read shakespeare that guy's writing is full of sexual innuendos and a lot of it is wordplay

Lol, yeah, but it depends, really.

I got the "lewd" joke. I just... really like arguing about semantics. I do it all time, even in real life.

Yes, I've read Shakespeare... and yeah, they're full of them...

I'm sensing he's probably using dictionary definitions

Which are really not the best source of info for this kind of thing

Perhaps, but hold meaning to them, nonetheless. They're based off something, after all.

Oyasumi Fruity Ninja.

お休みなさい~ ^^

Lol, true... Such words can be hard to define. And while I think there are many hard-to-define words, I really don't think "sex" or "gender" are among them... That's just me, though.

If you ask someone "What is the meaning of 'happiness'?", I bet they'd be more at a loss of words than if you asked someone "What is 'gender' or 'sex'?"

Lol, true... Such words can be hard to define. And while I think there are many hard-to-define words, I really don't think "sex" or "gender" are among them... That's just me, though.

If you ask someone "What is the meaning of 'happiness'?", I bet they'd be more at a loss of words than if you asked someone "What is 'gender' or 'sex'?"

It's because the people who write dictionaries belong to a group of people who hold the highest power in society and due to their more privileged positions may not understand the experiences of what actually is

It's like those sheltered noblemen who won't know shit about normal people life until they get out of their castles and see what happens and even then they won't really understand unless they really go out and experience it (like there's that one case where a guy dressed up as a woman for a day and experienced all the sexual harrassment women had to deal with)

It's not the perfect analogy but w/e

This doesn't mean they're bad people necessarily but they lack the experiences to give an accurate view of the subject but those are the people you have writing dictionaries

gender and sexuality is a lot more complex than it looks

And now I nap because I'm really fucking tired, gonna dl B/W/2 when I wake up and emulate because I lack XY

bai

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze