• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I remember about California is that the drivers were trained to stop when people crossed the road.

You mean other places don't do this?

... Actually, it's probably not more traffic than Manhattan. It can still get pretty bad on some days, though.

I said lolLA because I've been in that area and can't say I'm its biggest fan. I mean, it can be nice, yeah, but I find the actual city to be not as nice as the smaller cities and suburbs surrounding it.

Well, traffic still sucks. I can't give another US city for comparison though.

Mmmm... I'd have to look into those other cities too. Not sure if going right into the city is a good choice for a vacay, but on the other hand... well, I don't know. Any recommendations where to go in the surrounding areas :D?

LA is a piece of shit

the drivers are rude

there is always traffic

the area is terribly smoggy

smells bad too

have fun making a left turn with all those unprotected lanes

and if theres something going on have fun finding a place to park that wont charge you a stupid amount of money

so yeah

piece of shit

I love it

heeeeeeeeeeeeey

so it can't be that different from NYC, huh.

but I don't drive.

you also have any recommendations where to go anyway?

Edited by Flandre

Haaaaai Ace

Hey, how's it going?

You mean other places don't do this?

I'm not aware of any other places that do that. And that was from when I went to Disneyland back in 2001.

Edited by Ace Tactician

heeeeeeeeeeeeey

so it can't be that different from NYC, huh.

but I don't drive.

you also have any recommendations where to go anyway?

If you don't drive then half of your suffering is already over

and I don't think it's as bad as NYC anyway

I've only ever been out east once but

yeah

Recommendations? Like places to stay or places to go or stuff to see or places to eat at or...?

Well, traffic still sucks. I can't give another US city for comparison though.

Mmmm... I'd have to look into those other cities too. Not sure if going right into the city is a good choice for a vacay, but on the other hand... well, I don't know. Any recommendations where to go in the surrounding areas :D?

Hmm ... good vacation spots ... if you don't mind the beach I'd say one of the coastal areas like Malibu or Santa Barbara might be nice vacationing spots. If you don't mind being a little farther away from LA then Anaheim is nice as well.

LA is a piece of shit

the drivers are rude

there is always traffic

the area is terribly smoggy

smells bad too

have fun making a left turn with all those unprotected lanes

and if theres something going on have fun finding a place to park that wont charge you a stupid amount of money

so yeah

piece of shit

if i can cut off and pass taxi drivers(and trust me, most of them are ruthless fuckers) that i was originally behind in NYC then driving in LA should be no problem for me

LolLA :XD: Are you planning to go to the city itself or the surrounding communities? Downtown LA is a bit of a ... not-so-pleasant place at times. So much traffic. SO MUCH TRAFFIC.

By the coast? Inland? Big city? Even SoCal as a section of a state is pretty diverse.

preferably coast

CALIFORNIA LOVE

SHARE SOME WITH ME

If you don't drive then half of your suffering is already over

and I don't think it's as bad as NYC anyway

I've only ever been out east once but

yeah

Recommendations? Like places to stay or places to go or stuff to see or places to eat at or...?

yay and heeeeeeeeeey. i know NYC is bad with traffic rofl.

ummmm... places to go and eat.

oh. do you guys have any subway system. :V assuming you live in LA.

Hmm ... good vacation spots ... if you don't mind the beach I'd say one of the coastal areas like Malibu or Santa Barbara might be nice vacationing spots. If you don't mind being a little farther away from LA then Anaheim is nice as well.

I don't like beaches though lol. >_> hmmmmm....

if i can cut off and pass taxi drivers(and trust me, most of them are ruthless fuckers) that i was originally behind in NYC then driving in LA should be no problem for me

preferably coast

sounds right

when you put it that way though I think itd be more accurate to say we have more dumb drivers than rude/ruthless drivers

ummmm... places to go and eat.

oh. do you guys have any subway system. :V assuming you live in LA.

I don't like beaches though lol. >_> hmmmmm....

I dont live there no but I'm all over socal so I know the area a bit

Well, there's the usual tourist spots like Hollywood

even if you don't like beaches theres stuff to see and do at Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier

the various musuems

the ethnic areas like chinatown/koreatown might interest you, chinatown i dunno like that but I know koreatown has that nightlife

and as for eating there's only one place I really frequent and recommend

ramen shop called ikemen off san pedro and second

best broth I've had a restaurant period

hmmm

I should ask my dudes in LA about their go-to eating places...

Edited by Pride

I dont live there no but I'm all over socal so I know the area a bit

Well, there's the usual tourist spots like Hollywood

even if you don't like beaches theres stuff to see and do at Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier

the various musuems

the ethnic areas like chinatown/koreatown might interest you, chinatown i dunno like that but I know koreatown has that nightlife

and as for eating there's only one place I really frequent and recommend

ramen shop called ikemen off san pedro and second

best broth I've had a restaurant period

hmmm

I should ask my dudes in LA about their go-to eating places...

around wow.

hmmm... Venice Beach? But ooh, a pier sounds interesting. And I know I wanna go to Little Tokyo though!! NYC doesn't have anything to be called something like "Japan town" or something like that.

hmm... maybe I should write that place down. though you giving me their address/location will probably get me lost rofl.

yes, yes you should.

Little Tokyo is really nice, I go there with my friends when we can. Koreatown doesn't excite me, although that could be a side effect of being dragged there one too many times.

noooooooooope

my sig dictates otherwise D: ?

@sangyul: I bet it is. ;o; I would just love to go somewhere like Little Tokyo. NYC is lacking in that aspect. Even Koreatown here is lacking... Only a block long. :/

Edited by Flandre

around wow.

hmmm... Venice Beach? But ooh, a pier sounds interesting. And I know I wanna go to Little Tokyo though!! NYC doesn't have anything to be called something like "Japan town" or something like that.

hmm... maybe I should write that place down. though you giving me their address/location will probably get me lost rofl.

yes, yes you should.

around...wow?

Yeah, the pier has this fairly famous ferris wheel too, perfect for dragging penguins into eh. ehhhh

oh right I totally forgot about little tokyo

cool place, sells a surprising amount of stuff and packed with restaurants

thats where the restaurant I mentioned is, by the by

then its a mission

And now Xin is Olivia.

everyone loves them some olivia

Edited by Pride