FE4 THREAD

Fia

Lemme tell ya! Im SUCH a stickler about actors, cinematography, direction, and writing. I think i missed my calling as a film critic... So naturally the premise of a modern day Sherlock Holmes was a little...off putting when i heard about the show a while ago. But then...BUT THEN i really got an eyeful of Benedict Cumberbatch's acting in other works. (like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and stuff) And i have a huge soft spot for Martin Freeman, so i was like "oh alright. Ill give this shit a shot." But....

I couldnt find it ANYWHERE! Sherlock only aired on my cable service on PBS' Masterpiece Theater and then..it stopped airing. I couldnt find it on On Demand. We kept waiting for the show to return to Masterpiece Theater and i kept combing BBC America for it. I came up empty handed and i was like "ass." But netflix entered my household this Christmas and Sherlock was just added not long ago i think. My dad found it yesterday (along with a pantload of episodes of Poirot and Midsomer Murders. Squee!!) So we hunkered down and watched Sherlock today.

My gods. You CANNOT write the kind of chemistry Freeman and Cumberbatch have on-screen! Its just...so perfect. Not to mention how well they make the modern age and Sherlock Holmes work so well. Dat writing. Then theres the really great direction choices. Showing Sherlock's thought processes in a manner that makes the Robert Downey Jr. movies look amateurish. The score is wonderful. Classic Sherlock but still modern enough for audiences to not get jarred. The episodes are an hour and half long and very high quality. So it makes perfect sense to only have three episodes a season. I was freaking blown away by this show. WHY ARENT MORE SHOWS THIS AWESOME?! It even makes Game of Thrones seem a little weak in areas. (The direction and writing are much tighter in Sherlock.)

So yeah.

tumblr_l7kif8Y6G31qcs416.gif

Viewing bliss.

Pffffffff, Robert Downey Jr... Don't even get me started on that! Not that I watched it, but from what I heard, ugh! I hate that writing and him!

But yeah, I totally agree with what you said. I was also hesitant too, about a modern Sherlock and all, but it was so amazing. I want the third season now. >_>

Benedict is also hot.

Edited by FloFlo

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Worry not, his heart will harden eventually.

Oh, and haha @ everyone whose vacation is ending. Mine is just beginning.

Edited by Lanselot

Worry not, his heart will harden eventually.

Oh, and haha @ everyone whose vacation is ending. Mine is just beginning.

I hope so. No one likes to have their heart stomped.

Well, I didn't have a VACATION, just a small recess. Not like it makes anything different for you, lucky bastard

...I have the temptation to kill that cat.

...started meowing at 4:30 AM.

At least you didn't wake up to your cat tearing up a picture your sister made you for your birthday~

To be fair though

I'm currently less concerned about vacations than about what my new boss is thinking

I should get a hint of it this week, but I expect some rough times