FE4 THREAD

Fia

FFVI... it's got a lot of good moments, but there was just some SERIOUS mood whiplash a few times that made the game painful to get through. At least, that's what it felt like.

Such as?

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Such as?

The thing I'm most remembering is the incident with... Doma, I think the kingdom was? It went straight from Mr. Thou Cyan finding his dead kid to the group cracking jokes and running over people in mech suits. It just FELT jarring.

With both hands?

Actually no... He still uses one hand but... it's... so... very... unique.

what

who in tarnation is going around saying i lost my car keys

i keep those things stapled to me

I didn't. I think he's confused with me saying you were spinning your keys and threatening to let go of your keys to hit my eyes. :<

If I were to guess, one that comes to mind is probably Thamasa and a certain General, if you catch my drift.

This I can agree with

The thing I'm most remembering is the incident with... Doma, I think the kingdom was? It went straight from Mr. Thou Cyan finding his dead kid to the group cracking jokes and running over people in mech suits. It just FELT jarring.

This I don't. I mean, I don't remember the group cracking as much jokes as you say, but like Acacia Avenue said, it was treated properly in the Phantom Train,and the imperial camp was such a small part in that segment it could almost be skipped.

This I can agree with

This I don't. I mean, I don't remember the group cracking as much jokes as you say, but like Acacia Avenue said, it was treated properly in the Phantom Train,and the imperial camp was such a small part in that segment it could almost be skipped.

Really? I found most of the Phantom Train just... silly. Until the end. The end part was good. (I don't think it was helped that uh... I had Sabin supplex the train.) Also, did the Thamasa thing involve uh... a grave eventually? I haven't touched the game since my one playthrough, so I'm a little hazy on details.

Really? I found most of the Phantom Train just... silly. Until the end. The end part was good. (I don't think it was helped that uh... I had Sabin supplex the train.) Also, did the Thamasa thing involve uh... a grave eventually? I haven't touched the game since my one playthrough, so I'm a little hazy on details.

Silly? I suppose the part with Siegfried could be silly, though the rest I didn't found much. Heh, yeah, I suppose the train being supplexed also... which is not helped that the fight itself is fighting the locomotive while the characters are running from it.

Yeah, it had a grave.

I've always found it to be a little far fetched to watch him full nelsoning a train. I guess the train isn't really made of metal, but is rather like fists can't touch ghosts.

FFIV has Tellah so it is pretty gr9 by default.

Because Spoony Bard and Tellah being Tellah.

I miss Tellah.

I had some friends who renamed him Dinner.

When he died, all the characters crowded around him and called out his name and then his body disappeared.

One thing I should with Tellah right now that he's still in the party in my current playthrough, is give him a Soma Drop and watch him cast Meteor... it will make it an amusing irony since I'm pretty much at the Tower of Zot.

I have a feeling the scheduling won't end until midnight or something like that. It's already past 9 and is still open. Or worse, it could also last through tomorrow as well. Which would be weird since the calendar only states it's the 21st...

I try to be as controversial as possible so I'm glad to see the positive feedback.

IHZQVJs.gif

The train is entirely an illusion along with all of Phantom road. Realistically, you'd have to be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound like Superman in order to actually lift a locomotive.

And Aqua is making me sad talking about my favorite game ever.

I should leave now :/

Hey, I'd be the first to admit it DOES have some very good points. ...I just feel like it's got some bad points. It's not my least favorite, though.

I try to be as controversial as possible so I'm glad to see the positive feedback.

IHZQVJs.gif

Yeah. I did that. It... yeah.

The train is entirely an illusion along with all of Phantom road. Realistically, you'd have to be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound like Superman in order to actually lift a locomotive.

...We're talking realism in a Final Fantasy Game now? As much as I am for logic... it's final fantasy. It's like Power Rangers. Their universe runs of a different sort of logic and physics.

Their universe runs of a different sort of logic and physics.

Looks that way. :D

It couldn't be an illusion in any case, considering they were able to stand on it and interact with stuff, and be attacked, and then Siegfried too got in and out, etc.

what

who in tarnation is going around saying i lost my car keys

i keep those things stapled to me

you should look it up

id tell you the rules

but thats against the rules

Oh, I've played games like this before. Never had any luck.