Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, subs are better, indeed.

I can only watch anime in Japanese.

English just makes things awkward for me.

why strikethrough

I can't either, even for an animu like Baccano!.

Edited by Chen

why strikethrough

so can I, even for an animu like Baccano!.

I don't know.

I mean, anime just sounds more... natural in Japanese.

But I know that it depends on the person.

Personally, I've mostly watched subbed ever since I was little, so yeah.

And I've watched anime in one form or another for a while now.

I actually like certain shows better in JP, and others in English.

Like, Baccano. As much as Keiji Fujiwara is amazing as Ladd Russo (whereas I dislike his dub voice), the way the handled the dub by using old slang and even time-accurate accents gave it a special feel.

and then Shirley had to ninja me by outright mentioning Baccano, smfh

Edited by Polydeuces

I prefer subs most but some dubs don't seem that bad and I won't judge people for watching dubs, even if I'll judge the dubs themselves

I think people can watch whatever they want so long as no harm comes out of it for anybody

In my prime years of watching anime, I've always watched them in English, and only if they aired on tv. Then it went to a decline

Wait, have you watched Baccano or Durarara then? If not, get on that. Both of them have some of the best dubs I've ever heard.

Scared? How?

I've personally got just a few script concerns, because if "THE TITANS ARE COMING AND HUMANITY IS ON THE MENU" is supposed to be a serious line, Funimation, we need to talk. XDDDDD

I can't even WRITE that without giggling, oh my god, why do I have a feeling this is going to be just LOADED with narm charm.

I like (and always will like) subs more, anyway, so I'm sort of indifferent about it.

zomg, yes. I hatehatehatehatehate all the skin, but I still like the anime. Also, it starts off a bit slow, but build up after ep. 10. And starting from episode 18, it's absolutely amazing.

I love it much to TE's chagrin.

Mikasa~! <3

I don't really have a preference overall...

Like, there are some dubs I prefer over the subs (Hetalia) and some subs I prefer over the dubs (Death Note), but I mean... I try to look at it objectively beforehand, so I really don't lean towards one of the other before I watch it and compare.

But, dubs are easier to watch at my house if the kids are home because I can just "read" the anime and not have to really listen, so I don't have to tell them to shut up repeatedly. :)

Oh gosh, it's insane. Half the time I'm laughing, going, "What am I watching. WHAT am I watching?" and I can't even explain it without bursting into a fit of laughter.

It reminds me of Hetalia, kind of, because any and all attempts to explain it just dissolve into uncontrollable giggle fits.

Oh, I don't care too much about the outfits... I just can't watch it if people are home. XD

Mikasa~!

dammit, I must have my AoT dub. Lauren Landa as Annie doooooooooooooooooooooooooe.

YES VASHI

JOIN THE JAKUZURE HYPE TRAIN

The what hype train?

I prefer subs most but some dubs don't seem that bad and I won't judge people for watching dubs, even if I'll judge the dubs themselves

I think people can watch whatever they want so long as no harm comes out of it for anybody

This is a nice way to look at it ^_^

Wait, have you watched Baccano or Durarara then? If not, get on that. Both of them have some of the best dubs I've ever heard.

I don't even know what those are. My days of anime have long been fading

Far

And

Wee

y'all don't even know what I did there

Edited by The Chosen One

I don't know.

I mean, anime just sounds more... natural in Japanese.

But I know that it depends on the person.

Personally, I've mostly watched subbed ever since I was little, so yeah.

And I've watched anime in one form or another for a while now.

I know, that's the same for me. Except I started by watching dub first... and then when I watched subs, it's just superior to me. It's just like with video games, I find the voices more bearable to me. But like you said, it depends on the person. :P

I actually like certain shows better in JP, and others in English.

Like, Baccano. As much as Keiji Fujiwara is amazing as Ladd Russo (whereas I dislike his dub voice), the way the handled the dub by using old slang and even time-accurate accents gave it a special feel.

and then Shirley had to ninja me by outright mentioning Baccano, smfh

gggg :P because Damian mentioned that to me.

but yeah, I understand why dub would be more fitting for Baccano! though.

The what hype train?

Oh, so you haven't gotten to her yet. Don't worry, she will come soon enough.

I don't even know what those are. My days of anime have long been fading

Far

And

Wee

shamefru

Watch both of them. They're great. Funimation should have Baccano on their website, so there's that. DRRR is an Aniplex dub, so it may be trickier to find.

I don't really have a preference overall...

Like, there are some dubs I prefer over the subs (Hetalia) and some subs I prefer over the dubs (Death Note), but I mean... I try to look at it objectively beforehand, so I really don't lean towards one of the other before I watch it and compare.

But, dubs are easier to watch at my house if the kids are home because I can just "read" the anime and not have to really listen, so I don't have to tell them to shut up repeatedly. :)

Oh gosh, it's insane. Half the time I'm laughing, going, "What am I watching. WHAT am I watching?" and I can't even explain it without bursting into a fit of laughter.

It reminds me of Hetalia, kind of, because any and all attempts to explain it just dissolve into uncontrollable giggle fits.

Oh, I don't care too much about the outfits... I just can't watch it if people are home. XD

Mikasa~!

The what hype train?

I always watch anime alone, so- Actually, scratch that, I'm usually alone, period, so I don't have that problem. xD

Makes sense, though.

And I like learning new words and stuff when I watch with dubs, since I'm learning Japanese and all.

IT'S GOOD.

Also, episode 16 is gross and disgusting and Trigger should be ashamed, and episode 20 has that yuri, and then there's also Satsuki in captivity which I didn't really like, but eh. I love the show, regardless.

My fave character in SnK, omg.

NONON~!

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I've personally got just a few script concerns, because if "THE TITANS ARE COMING AND HUMANITY IS ON THE MENU" is supposed to be a serious line, Funimation, we need to talk. XDDDDD

I can't even WRITE that without giggling, oh my god, why do I have a feeling this is going to be just LOADED with narm charm.

WELL THEN......

This should be good

gggg :P because Damian mentioned that to me.

but yeah, I understand why dub would be more fitting for Baccano! though.

I mean, I can understand for DRRR since it's in Japan and Kyohei's JP VA has 100% bias from me due to also voicing a certain fedora-wearing troll but I stand by that dub as well.

Speaking of good dubs, EVERYONE GO ON NETFLIX RIGHT NOW AND WATCH FATE/ZERO.

I always watch anime alone, so-

一人でアニメを見て静けさをもたらします。

I know, that's the same for me. Except I started by watching dub first... and then when I watched subs, it's just superior to me. It's just like with video games, I find the voices more bearable to me. But like you said, it depends on the person. :P

Even video games, I prefer dual audio. Like, most of Atlus's games (Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Etrian Odyssey, Conception II, etc.) are dubbed. The dubs are by no means bad, but I just like listening to Japanese. xD

Also, the glitch in NA's FE13 annoys the heck out of me.

I wanna import a Japanese copy of KAKUSEI. Maybe when the next Fire Emblem game comes out. So I can play it without having to wait a year. >_>

awwwwwwwwwwwwww shit

Is Funi putting up the episodes of the dub alongside the Toonami airing? Since, yanno, Canada.

ALSO KAT, GUESS WHAT'S NOW ON NETFLIX

I've no idea. Netflix is for Doctor Who, Mythbusters, and Disney.

shamefru

Watch both of them. They're great. Funimation should have Baccano on their website, so there's that. DRRR is an Aniplex dub, so it may be trickier to find.

Thing is, I don't watch anime online. Its just not my thing *Shrugs*

I've no idea. Netflix is for Doctor Who, Mythbusters, and Disney.

Fate/zero just went up. \'3'/

And Madoka if anyone cares.

Oh, so you haven't gotten to her yet. Don't worry, she will come soon enough.

shamefru

Oh quick - before I get too emotionally invested into Satsuki Kiryuin, how big of a mistake am I making here?

I always watch anime alone, so- Actually, scratch that, I'm usually alone, period, so I don't have that problem. xD

Makes sense, though.

And I like learning new words and stuff when I watch with dubs, since I'm learning Japanese and all.

IT'S GOOD.

Also, episode 16 is gross and disgusting and Trigger should be ashamed, and episode 20 has that yuri, and then there's also Satsuki in captivity which I didn't really like, but eh. I love the show, regardless.

My fave character in SnK, omg.

NONON~!

Lucky. >_>

I like learning new words too! Like, really it's just sort of depends on the anime in question and the quality, I suppose.

Like with Death Note, I don't know, the dub felt... stiffer compared to the sub, and then I actually kind of like it when the anime in question is set in Japan and they're actually speaking the language, it feels very real that way.

But there's exceptions like Durarara! and the Persona 4 Animation, both are set in Japan yet I was first even exposed to Durarara! through the dubs and those are the voices I grew accustomed to, and I can't explain the P4 dub bias, I just like it. XD

Gross and disgusting...?

What, like... excessive gore or something...? If so, thanks for the warning. o_o

[/shrugs] Yuri's not a turn-off for me~

My absolute without-a-doubt, hands-down favorite is Eren, but I don't hate anyone from AoT.

I don't even dislike anyone, omg, I just love them all.

Hi Taylor! How are you today? :D

I'm

good!

And you?

That was an accident and then I thought it looked cool... >_>

Oh quick - before I get too emotionally invested into Satsuki Kiryuin, how big of a mistake am I making here?

None whatsoever. She's miles better than Ryuuko for sure.

Even video games, I prefer dual audio. Like, most of Atlus's games (Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, Etrian Odyssey, Conception II, etc.) are dubbed. The dubs are by no means bad, but I just like listening to Japanese. xD

Also, the glitch in NA's FE13 annoys the heck out of me.

I wanna import a Japanese copy of KAKUSEI. Maybe when the next Fire Emblem game comes out. So I can play it without having to wait a year. >_>

Mmm, I guess some video games are good with dub... but EO doesn't have a lot of talking, which is very good for me. and I'm sure there are good dubs out there too.

Oh yeah, dumb English FE13 glitch. ;~; I just sold mine a little while ago but I still have the JP one. Mwahaha.