• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

"Random" as in, why the hell would you send this specific unit to this specific tile.

I guess so. Looking over, it doesn't look like there is anything given even the smallest of hints that the peninsula holds something, if anything. Then again, it is a small peninsula on the lake, I suppose it stands out somewhat, but still... unlike say, the topmost part of the map, which does draw attention considering it's unreachable, though it's much easier to find out it's purpose (the Eldigan-Elliot fight) since you can't miss it.

It's always there, but the location is really obscure. Most people aren't going to send a specific unit there unless they know what's waiting for them.

I wouldn't call the location obscure since it's pretty easy to describe where it is. It's knowing which unit to send, even if you have one person go there and look, you have a 1/14 chance of sending the correct unit with no prior knowledge of the secret.

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe4/guia/cap1.htm

Old-school secrets like these were great. It's a shame what they've done with them these days.

Edited by Sirius

I guess so. Looking over, it doesn't look like there is anything given even the smallest of hints that the peninsula holds something, if anything. Then again, it is a small peninsula on the lake, I suppose it stands out somewhat,

but like, why would you send this one unit?

For the weapon of course!

/hasn't played FE4

wtf are you still doing posting about it go play it now now now.

but like, why would you send this one unit?

That's the point, there is no way to find out without knowing already.

It's kinda cool, having stuff to truly be secret.

I wouldn't call the location obscure since it's pretty easy to describe where it is. It's knowing which unit to send, even if you have one person go there and look, you have a 1/14 chance of sending the correct unit with no prior knowledge of the secret.

Old-school secrets like these were great. It's a shame what they've done with them these days.

actually now that you mention

considering it wasn't uncommon for games to have this kind of thing back then, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that someone would get suspicious of that peninsula and try sending someone there

You don't. That's what old-school secrets are like.

i haven't seen your post when I posted that

but yeah, older games have a lot of those

all those random walls that could be bombed in the original LoZ >_>

That reminds me of all those empty rooms in FFII dungeons. Pointless to visit, and the encounter rate in them was like, so high, they were pretty much traps. Unless you saw them as grinding opportunities, who knows.

I think the Pursuit ring is more random, because in addition to the Hero Axe Problems it has its own. For one, Ardan has to be unpaired(which is likely). Any blind player is automatically conditioned in prologue not to use Ardan and have him guard the castle. It's his starting position and Sigurd outright tells Ardan to guard the castle. Not to mention if prologue didn't discourage the player from using Ardan, chapter 1 will because of a bigger map.

I should play it. And finish LoGH.

do it Edited by Obese Sonic

I can't remember, was there any indication at all for ANY wall in LoZ NES that you could break them? If not then those are probably better called design flaws.

i'm not sure tbh, the latter games usually have bomb-able walls be indicated with a crack, a different noise when hitting with the sword or something

at least stuff that were regarding the dungeons had some sort of hint, but I'm not sure about those

But it's not in Eigo.

And nihongo wakarimasen.

Actually, that's probably the lamest excuse ever in my case.

fan translation

But it's not in Eigo.

And nihongo wakarimasen.

Oh please, as if being in Japanese could stop someone... else I wouldn't play SRW constantly despite the Japanese. Then again, I can read some things and understand them with only keywords and stuff.

But it's not in Eigo.

And nihongo wakarimasen.

Patch it, you fuck.

i'm not sure tbh, the latter games usually have bomb-able walls be indicated with a crack, a different noise when hitting with the sword or something

at least stuff that were regarding the dungeons had some sort of hint, but I'm not sure about those

Yeah that's why I'm asking. Blowing up broken walls was a thing for Bombs and if there was no indication for it, then it's either a detail they forgot or couldn't due to limitations.

I think the Pursuit ring is more random. For one, Ardan has to be unpaired(which is likely). Any blind player is automatically conditioned in prologue not to use Ardan and have him guard the castle. It's his starting position and Sigurd outright tells Ardan to guard the castle. Not to mention if prologue didn't discourage the player from using Ardan, chapter 1 will because of a bigger map.

Agreed. Maybe they figured a more random location for a stronger reward.

Edited by Sirius

H-hai.

I think I have a patched file somewhere.

I have to search through my hard drive, though...

And I'm watching The Everyday Life of High School Boys...

JUST DO IT

ohgod as soon as I read that some voice in my head just screamed out DANSHI KOUKOUSEI NO NICHIJOUUUUUUU AOWOHHHH

It might be easy to describe, but it's still obscure in the sense that most people aren't going to think to send one of their characters over to inspect an area that is well out of the way. Secrets like that work in games like Legend of Zelda, Castlevania, or Final Fantasy because these games involve considerable amounts of exploration and dungeon crawling. It doesn't work so well in Fire Emblem because everything is presented in one big map. Nobody thinks to explore the area because there is nothing to explore.