• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

FROM THE FUCKING CEILING

FROM THE FUCKIN BATHTUB

I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT

You too eh, when I played it, the bathtub encounter scared the crap out outta me.

what are you playing/watching?

Watching: LoGH

Playing: Clock Tower (snes)

Edited by Soledai

Neal, wrt other thread, I don't want to get involved in the other thread, but not wanting to emulate is perfectly legitimate. Regardless of the games being out for 10 year or more and is no longer making company profit and Nintendo might not even care, it is still technically illegal in the United States of America. If people don't want to do technically illegal things then let them be.

I don't particularly care for her other points one way or the other so I'll let other people deal with that.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Neal, wrt other thread, I don't want to get involved in the other thread, but not wanting to emulate is perfectly legitimate. Regardless of the games being out for 10 year or more and is no longer making company profit and Nintendo might not even care, it is still technically illegal. If people don't want to do technically illegal things then let them be.

I don't particularly care for her other points one way or the other so I'll let other people deal with that.

Actually, copyright hasn't been infringed legally unless charges are filed and a conviction is gotten. The state will not prosecute you even if catches you without a suit from the holder. It is a claim between private parties. As I understand it, fraud operates under similar terms. It isn't fraud unless the victims claim it is. The technical letter of the law depends on how much they care about it.

Edited by Makaze

if there is a chance of the victim catching you and doing something about it, and the person don't want to risk it, that's perfectly legitimate.

In the case of FE4 an 5 it's very unlikely, but not all cases of emulation are the same and if someone doesn't want to do all cases of emulation for even one, I don't blame them.

There is a reason why links to emulators and roms are not allowed on the forums.

Edited by Thor Odinson

if there is a chance of the victim catching you and doing something about it, and the person don't want to risk it, that's perfectly legitimate.

In the case of FE4 an 5 it's very unlikely, but not all cases of emulation are the same and if someone doesn't want to do all cases of emulation for even one, I don't blame them.

There is a reason why links to emulators and roms are not allowed on the forums.

Let's say, for example...

Has there been a single case of prosecution for emulating games?

Edited by Makaze

Aaah. The reason links to emulators and ROMs are not allowed on the forum is because the site may be held liable for spreading illegally obtained files. The individuals users will not be punished by the law. The staff regulate it amongst themselves to avoid having the site taken down by the host.

So, it's still illegally obtained. Therefore still illegal.

I mean like I personally don't give a fuck but if someone doesn't want to do a thing because it could, even with a microscopic less than being stricken by lightening chance get them prosecuted since (p > 0) != (p = 0) then why the fuck is anyone to judge?

Edited by Thor Odinson