Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

i booted up nepnep again today
i uninstalled nepnep again today

a bit disappointed they had to find a way to make goku the star of the show against frieza even after him getting beaten up badly with a last minute bullshit

although it was nice they remembered even jobbing to vegeta frieza can still destroy a whole planet like nothing lol

gohan decides to train but it's with piccolo so i imagine he'll remain an irrelevant jobber

Edited by Tonton

i booted up nepnep again today

i uninstalled nepnep again today

shame

a bit disappointed they had to find a way to make goku the star of the show against frieza even after him getting beaten up badly with a last minute bullshit

although it was nice they remembered even jobbing to vegeta frieza can still destroy a whole planet like nothing lol

gohan decides to train but it's with piccolo so i imagine he'll remain an irrelevant jobber

you can't job if you don't fight

did you? i was mostly pleasantly surprised with it, as far i remember

i wasn't expecting that pacing

As a whole package, yeah, I do like it. It's very formulaic (or was), but it works.

[spoiler=My admittedly very small gripes (ToCS1+2 spoilers)]I'm just gonna throw this out here: while the Valimar fights do add a nice bit of variety to the mix, I really can't say they've implemented it well at all. It's a improvement to what they gave us during the endgame of the first game, but it's still not satisfying to play, in my opinion. They're incredibly easy, and the fights themselves don't feel very impactful; I've just gone from fighting two members from one of the best Jaeger corps around to a couple of generics Soldats? There's very little tension there. And going off from that, Valimar basically being the group's bail-out card is also something I'm not a fan of, but that doesn't necessary bother me as much. The Valimar fights being mandatory at the end of every part also made the plot line for each area pretty predictable after the first time you fight with it.

Character development: I wasn't keen on the way Jusis was portrayed during the third part of Act 1. By the end of the first game, whether you get the dance scene with him or not*, he decides to change from acting like "the son of Duke Albarea", as he puts it, to, "Jusis Albarea." Essentially, he wants to be himself, not act like how he is expected to act--from generic third parties to his very own father. Rufus also wants him to be true to himself. So what does he do a month after Class VII gets separated? Split from Emma and Laura and decides to help out the Noble Alliance and Bareahard's Provincial Army by working directly under his father because he feels obligated to--the duty of an Albarea. It goes completely against his character development from the first game. If he had a better reason to join up, then I wouldn't have disliked it. But that's simply not the case. You can argue he joined with them on his own accord, but he wrote that letter saying he was leaving when he heard Rean and co. were in Bareahard. He didn't want to be there. Which makes his challenge with Rean really weird. Was it meant to be a test? I really don't get his behaviour there.

Machias seriously needs to do something soon. Every single member of Class VII feel like they contribute to the cause. But not him. I hope that changes soon.

Rean needs to stop wishing there's a way to reform Crow. I'd love it if Crow was an enemy to the end, but I'm not gonna lie: I can't see it happening. And another thing: stop saying you're gonna be a third faction to the war. All you've done is oppose the Noble Alliance and assist the Imperial Army. Do something to stir something on both sides, please.

Each members' reaction to seeing Rean for the first time was pretty out there, too. Well, not so much Machias, Elliot, and Fie, since they're the first ones to see him, but after that whenever a Class VII member sees the party, they're all, "ooooh Rean it's nice to see you're alive!" Meanwhile everyone else is just in the background, not being acknowledged very much. Class VII really feels like Rean ft. his cohorts. For a class that values friendship between each other, it's a bit strange.

Finally, and this is really nitpicky, I know, but it's the strength levels between Sara, McBurn, and Sharon. I discussed this with Tonton last night, but I touched upon it briefly in work today and noticed there's a straight up contradiction here. Basically, in the second rest day if you spend a point with Sharon, Rean and her get into a sparring session and Rean gets his ass whooped by Sharon, plain and simple. Which is to be expected, since she's an Enforcer. If you bring Sharon to Legram, she ends up fighting McBurn with the rest of Class VII. She gets her ass whooped just as bad as Class VII during this fight, with McBurn uninterested the entire time. Sara comes along and McBurn finally gets serious with her and just her, although nothing happens since he escapes when the Soldats come. If McBurn can accurately read how strong his opponents are before a fight, this gives off the implication that Sara is stronger than Sharon. Which is fine, no problems there.

The problem comes in when you spend a second bonding point with Sara during the third rest day. In this, Sara and Rean spar. Rean realises that Sara is still holding back, but only a tiny bit so, and he reckons if he fights 100% and fully concentrates he might come out as the victor. Rean pulls off an attack near the end of the match that, according to Sara, was too strong for Rean to handle, and she was forced to counterattack with her full strength. This event gives off the impression that Rean is just behind Sara as a martial artist. Which makes no sense, since Sharon completely trounces Rean without problems, whilst Sara pretty much had to go in without restraint. Yet McBurn finds Sara the more interesting foe?

*From what I've seen and understand, the development that the characters get from the dance scene isn't limited to which party member Rean hanged out with; those who Rean didn't choose still get that development, but you never see it until the second game. Which makes sense, since you didn't bother with them that one time

So like, they're nothing huge, and I do want to say I'm absolutely loving the game. So please, if any of my thinking is wrong here, shoot me down.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Sara only gets surprised by Rean once when she she was holding back if she was going all out he'd have no chance lol

McBurn probably already knows Sharon well while Sara is a famous bracer and know as one of the strongest in Erebonia so he'd have some interest in her even if she's probably still way below his level

Worrying about power levels in animu smh

Edited by Tonton

As a whole package, yeah, I do like it. It's very formulaic (or was), but it works.

[spoiler=My admittedly very small gripes (ToCS1+2 spoilers)]1. I'm just gonna throw this out here: while the Valimar fights do add a nice bit of variety to the mix, I really can't say they've implemented it well at all. It's a improvement to what they gave us during the endgame of the first game, but it's still not satisfying to play, in my opinion. They're incredibly easy, and the fights themselves don't feel very impactful; I've just gone from fighting two members from one of the best Jaeger corps around to a couple of generics Soldats? There's very little tension there. And going off from that, Valimar basically being the group's bail-out card is also something I'm not a fan of, but that doesn't necessary bother me as much. The Valimar fights being mandatory at the end of every part also made the plot line for each area pretty predictable after the first time you fight with it.

2. Character development: I wasn't keen on the way Jusis was portrayed during the third part of Act 1. By the end of the first game, whether you get the dance scene with him or not*, he decides to change from acting like "the son of Duke Albarea", as he puts it, to, "Jusis Albarea." Essentially, he wants to be himself, not act like how he is expected to act--from generic third parties to his very own father. Rufus also wants him to be true to himself. So what does he do a month after Class VII gets separated? Split from Emma and Laura and decides to help out the Noble Alliance and Bareahard's Provincial Army by working directly under his father because he feels obligated to--the duty of an Albarea. It goes completely against his character development from the first game. If he had a better reason to join up, then I wouldn't have disliked it. But that's simply not the case. You can argue he joined with them on his own accord, but he wrote that letter saying he was leaving when he heard Rean and co. were in Bareahard. He didn't want to be there. Which makes his challenge with Rean really weird. Was it meant to be a test? I really don't get his behaviour there.

3. Machias seriously needs to do something soon. Every single member of Class VII feel like they contribute to the cause. But not him. I hope that changes soon.

4. Rean needs to stop wishing there's a way to reform Crow. I'd love it if Crow was an enemy to the end, but I'm not gonna lie: I can't see it happening. And another thing: stop saying you're gonna be a third faction to the war. All you've done is oppose the Noble Alliance and assist the Imperial Army. Do something to stir something on both sides, please.

5. Each members' reaction to seeing Rean for the first time was pretty out there, too. Well, not so much Machias, Elliot, and Fie, since they're the first ones to see him, but after that whenever a Class VII member sees the party, they're all, "ooooh Rean it's nice to see you're alive!" Meanwhile everyone else is just in the background, not being acknowledged very much. Class VII really feels like Rean ft. his cohorts. For a class that values friendship between each other, it's a bit strange.

6. Finally, and this is really nitpicky, I know, but it's the strength levels between Sara, McBurn, and Sharon. I discussed this with Tonton last night, but I touched upon it briefly in work today and noticed there's a straight up contradiction here. Basically, in the second rest day if you spend a point with Sharon, Rean and her get into a sparring session and Rean gets his ass whooped by Sharon, plain and simple. Which is to be expected, since she's an Enforcer. If you bring Sharon to Legram, she ends up fighting McBurn with the rest of Class VII. She gets her ass whooped just as bad as Class VII during this fight, with McBurn uninterested the entire time. Sara comes along and McBurn finally gets serious with her and just her, although nothing happens since he escapes when the Soldats come. If McBurn can accurately read how strong his opponents are before a fight, this gives off the implication that Sara is stronger than Sharon. Which is fine, no problems there.

The problem comes in when you spend a second bonding point with Sara during the third rest day. In this, Sara and Rean spar. Rean realises that Sara is still holding back, but only a tiny bit so, and he reckons if he fights 100% and fully concentrates he might come out as the victor. Rean pulls off an attack near the end of the match that, according to Sara, was too strong for Rean to handle, and she was forced to counterattack with her full strength. This event gives off the impression that Rean is just behind Sara as a martial artist. Which makes no sense, since Sharon completely trounces Rean without problems, whilst Sara pretty much had to go in without restraint. Yet McBurn finds Sara the more interesting foe?

*From what I've seen and understand, the development that the characters get from the dance scene isn't limited to which party member Rean hanged out with; those who Rean didn't choose still get that development, but you never see it until the second game. Which makes sense, since you didn't bother with them that one time

So like, they're nothing huge, and I do want to say I'm absolutely loving the game. So please, if any of my thinking is wrong here, shoot me down.

added numbers for clarity

1. i'd say there's a grand total of one, maybe two, challenging valimar battles in the entirety of tocs2, on normal (though it's possible to neglect him and make things harder if you really want to, i guess)

2. i get what you mean about jusis

it was pretty odd alright

3. machias is there as jusis's love interest, you know

4. fun thing about the 3rd faction thing: osborne basically mentions that in his scene in 3rd, and flat-out tells olivier their objectives are aligned

they're kinda not up to the task, the other players are far ahead of them

5. here's the thing though

rean was the one flying off on valimar and disappearing for a month, so in this specific case i'd say he deserves the special snowflake treatment

6. basically what tontão said

slightly spoiler perhaps, but mcburn is in the top tier of ouroboros power levels, alongside people like arianhood (who might be #1) and loewe (rip)

he certainly either sparred with his fellow enforcers before or saw them in action already, but a high-ranking bracer would be a new opponent and thus worth testing

have you finished the intermission btw

thank you this is exactly what i needed today.

Glad it helped

the Nep-fection is spreading.

I needed this, thanks.

Yes

nearing the end of titan quest's act 1

nothing like a good diablolike

hey go

i like that euphemism

Hey TE, how are you?

lolololol intermission

but near the end of it was awesome because Olivert

super saiyan tiiiime

Hey TE, how are you?

i'm okay i guess

remembered your brother a couple days ago, while playing nep u

qp4Xc6w.jpg

Presuming you can lose the final fight in the Intermission?

Intermission was pretty good overall. Although the whole "power of friendship" malarkey is really cranked up to eleven.

Rean also needs to learn how relationships work, platonic or otherwise. It ain't one way, buddy.

Presuming you can lose the final fight in the Intermission?

Intermission was pretty good overall. Although the whole "power of friendship" malarkey is really cranked up to eleven.

Rean also needs to learn how relationships work, platonic or otherwise. It ain't one way, buddy.

friendship huh

I never would have thought to regret the choice for a theme.............. but as for the NEP one I really do right now,

why is that