FE4 THREAD

Fia

is that an official reason? because I always thought it was due to a lack of budget. i've also heard the argument that it's because those scenes where rean is unvoiced is meant to give other characters more of a focus

I won't make the argument rean doesn't have traits of a self-insert--the player can dictate a fair amount of his life--but rean has too much character in him by the end of tocs2 to be a self-insert

i don't think there's an official reason, i simply presumed they left him unvoiced for improved waifuing

and i somehow can't picture falcom admitting that much

but again, i'm comparing him and lloyd to estelle and kevin, not to persona's protags

and it's mostly a gripe about how relationships stopped being meaningful in the series

in fact, it's a cancer that prevents other characters from developing them too, machias and jusis aside

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I just noticed that I mixed Trails in the Sky with Trails of Cold Steel and turned it into Trails of the Sky. Whoops!

technically there were ps3 releases of tits in japan, but

Really? Didn't know that.

I guess they have to be superrare since I haven't seen a PS3 copy in the internet yet.

I'd not have a problem to get an import of TitS if I found one and the price was ok... but playing a new game series in JP... this will become tedious...

As for Tales of parts I can do it without any problems since I'm familar with their gameplay.

Also I just noticed that I mixed Trails in the Sky with Trails of Cold Steel and turned it into Trails of the Sky. Whoops!

i noticed

but the japanese title was highly punny, so from that perspective it isn't exactly wrong

Really? Didn't know that.

I guess they have to be superrare since I haven't seen a PS3 copy in the internet yet.

I'd not have a problem to get an import of TitS if I found one and the price was ok... but playing a new game series in JP... this will become tedious...

As for Tales of parts I can do it without any problems since I'm familar with their gameplay.

well, they were hd rereleases of the psp ports of the pc games

yeah i wouldn't recommend blindly playing tits in japanese, you'd miss too much

though i still enjoyed the combat system nonetheless

i'll say I won't be surprised if it was due to budget. I mean, it's why, uh, tocs fc, for lack of a better term, was split into two games (and why tocs2 suffers a bit)

won't argue about the character relationship point. it's, what, machias and jusis, millium and jusis, laura and fie, emma and fie... and elliot and gaius? those two do spend some time together, but it's not as in-your-face as the others. it's something i do wish gets explored more in sen 3

but then again, they do spend time with their respective club members too, which was nice to see, example being laura and monica

Edited by DodgeDusk

cutting voices from entire scenes might be a matter of budget, cutting one specific character's is clearly a choice

i mostly meant romantic relationships but yeah

funnily enough rean himself gets hit the hardest, as in the end only his thing with crow is set in stone

rean gets a lot of voiced sections elsewhere, mind, like his narrations. i think we'll just have to agree to disagree here

do you seriously think machias and jusis are going to hit it off? if that genuinely happens, i'll avatar millium for a year. and tonton knows how much I dislike millium. i'm that certain it won't happen

i'd say it's very clearly a stylistic choice, whatever the real motivation behind that might be

i don't think his japanese voice actor is particularly famous, busy or expensive compared to the rest of the cast

nah, i'm just making fun of their dynamics

i'd say it's very clearly a stylistic choice, whatever the real motivation behind that might be

i don't think his japanese voice actor is particularly famous, busy or expensive compared to the rest of the cast

nah, i'm just making fun of their dynamics

that's fair enough

good. because fuck, if i actually lost that bet...

class vii does need more not-rean character interactions though. well done, machias and jusis

that's fair enough

good. because fuck, if i actually lost that bet...

class vii does need more not-rean character interactions though. well done, machias and jusis

and of course, my personal bet on motivation is immersion for waifu chasing

one year isn't even that long anyway can't really see falcom do that... though i guess a decade ago i couldn't see falcom resorting to typical waifus either, i guess

damn yes

even laura/fie is largely nonexistent outside of their chapter :/

and of course, my personal bet on motivation is immersion for waifu chasing

one year isn't even that long anyway can't really see falcom do that... though i guess a decade ago i couldn't see falcom resorting to typical waifus either, i guess

damn yes

even laura/fie is largely nonexistent outside of their chapter :/

if it was just the waifuing scenes, then yeah, i'd agree. but it happens in other scenes too. but like i said, i don't think we'll agree here

i suppose if tonton managed to do the crusader theme for a year... falcom following popular trends. watch sen 3 be an action rpg akin to bayonetta

don't get me started

if it was just the waifuing scenes, then yeah, i'd agree. but it happens in other scenes too. but like i said, i don't think we'll agree here

i suppose if tonton managed to do the crusader theme for a year... falcom following popular trends. watch sen 3 be an action rpg akin to bayonetta

don't get me started

iirc there's a pattern of his voicing (basically focusing on main story events), though it's definitely clumsy

however, at least it isn't clumsy as ao's voice acting

man, ao's case bordered on false advertisement

he did, surprisingly enough

and they noticed the popular trends give them money, so there's no going back now

i'd expect trails to become closer to tales personally, they're already exploring the action rpg thing through tokyo xanadu, etc.

i probably say this because i still haven't gotten over the fact sen's minimaps use the same template as xillia's

okay then

>breed for 2 hours straight

>still no impish Abra

Kill me already.

alright

tokyo xanadu is more like zwei/nayuta from what i heard

i'm curious

and speaking of voice acting i'm kinda worried they have too much in sen 3 since that'd probably make things harder for xseed since they have to dub these games

Edited by Tonton

ouch those japanese ffxv numbers

iirc there's a pattern of his voicing (basically focusing on main story events), though it's definitely clumsy

he did, surprisingly enough
and they noticed the popular trends give them money, so there's no going back now
i'd expect trails to become closer to tales personally, they're already exploring the action rpg thing through tokyo xanadu, etc.
i probably say this because i still haven't gotten over the fact sen's minimaps use the same template as xillia's

okay then

curious now. but i'll be patient

i hope they don't, to be honest. i'm not very good at tales of games, so i can't imagine enjoying trails games if they went down that route

i wouldn't know anything about that

tokyo xanadu is more like zwei/nayuta from what i heard

nayuta is an action rpg afaik

i'm curious

and speaking of voice acting i'm kinda worried they have too much in sen 3 since that'd probably make things harder for xseed since they have to dub these games

basically the prologue's introduction is fully voiced (and was used in the trailers), but otherwise the game only has a few random voiced lines here and there

easy, learn jap

ouch those japanese ffxv numbers

curious now. but i'll be patient

i hope they don't, to be honest. i'm not very good at tales of games, so i can't imagine enjoying trails games if they went down that route

i wouldn't know anything about that

squeenix is an abomination

too late

tales games are fairly easy on normal difficulty tho

Edited by TheEnd

nayuta is an action rpg afaik

basically the prologue's introduction is fully voiced (and was used in the trailers), but otherwise the game only have a few random voiced lines here and there

easy, learn jap

i know but it's a very different style than tales imo (i only played zestiria mind)

so it just feels like them doing another game in a style they already did with the rest being based on persona than being something based on tales

lmao

stop using that

but i was actually looking into a place around here

"around here" 1 and a half hours by bus probably

--

Edited by Tonton