FE4 THREAD

Fia

I'll properly defend FE5 when I beat it.

Also I figure since the game keeps giving you staff users (three within five chapters around the mid/later game, and you already have two, maybe more if you promoted Asvel, hmm....) And also is giving you a bunch of Mages around this same time period, that it might be wanting you to use said units that you're getting. And since FE5 is probably meant to be an advanced version of FE3, it likely wanted to have a similar late game as FE3 Book 2 where you had to face many dark mages and haxing your defense growth didn't save you.

Correct. It's the same here. Weapon levels take quite a while to increase so don't expect the likes of Asvel to use Warp or Sleep.

Also, Ruby Cup on Master difficulty. YES!

Edited by Sirius

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Crapton of Warp Staves? Gosh dang, let's capture a bunch of those because Warp Staves were godly in FE3.

Enemies statusing my units? I better do something about this quick!

You're assuming that the player has played through FE3, which may not be the case.

Well, when the most common tome in the game poisons you, and it doesn't go away, that's pretty bad.

My posts from earlier in response from Marthur is an attempt to say, "There is no excuse for Sigurd being overpowered."

Balance is good, but if you can't achieve balance, then tide the favor towards enemies so that the game won't be gimped for some stupid reason. Game balance to me is, "Stop making player units so damn broken."

Edited by Chainey

My posts from earlier in response from Marthur is an attempt to say, "There is no excuse for Sigurd being overpowered."

Balance is good, but if you can't achieve balance, then tide the favor towards enemies so that the game won't be gimped for some stupid reason. Game balance to me is, "Stop making player units so damn broken."

But you also have to understand that not all of us want to go through a game where the enemies have basically everything going for them, and you have to somehow make some ridiculously overcomplicated strategy to beat them; some of us do like to play games that are fairly easy. Hell, I'd play FEDS H1 or H2 over H5 any day, if only because H5 gets so tedious and it's so biased in the enemies' favor. :/

Well, 90% of the time, it's pretty damn obvious; like Chainey said, "have big numbers".

You're generally right, but when it comes down to specifics, like units, they're not afraid of screwing you. When the answer isn't big numbers, it tends to be obscure.

Huh, my favorite RPGs are mostly unbalanced.

Skies of Arcadia: Wanted fights notwithstanding, give Vyse his berries and have other people focus spam for him. Change weapon affinities on the spot for different enemies? That's really cute but the damage doesn't make a dent compared to JORRRYYYYYY ROGERRRRRRRR. Who's Aika? Oh right, the chick you have spam Lambda Burst to take care of minion fights with no thought required until you start battles with enough SP for Vyse to use Rain of Swords and do the same job better.

Dragon Force: Are you using Dragons and putting them on standby so the other guys, notwithstanding shooter troop types or samurai which nobody uses, fall on your claws yet? No? Faggot you are going to be boned lategame.

Oblivion: Are you an assasin yet? You will be.

Edited by Rehab

1719 TOA fanarts. (I think it won't get any significant growth, since I don't collect TOA fanarts anymore. And I didn't count doujins here)

1520 FE4 fanarts. (Not counting other illustrations and mangas.)

1734 Vocaloid fanarts. (Not counting the PV folders.)

Time to hunt for Vocaloid fanarts again. I haven't touch them in ~4 days. I can imagine 50~ pages of fanarts waiting for me.

Compress and upload that beautiful FE4 fanarts folder somewhere. I want. ;_;

I was wondering something, for those people who use Levin!Arthur, what do they do with Sety.

And what do people who use Levin!Sety do with Arthur?

This has been bothering me! :/

arthurcelice.png

Elite Mode doesn't negate the reliance on staves to get through later chapters, the shortages of Knight's Proofs, fatigue (which, actually, is one of the better features added, along with capturing), wtfleadershipstars, and overpriced weapons.

Compress and upload that beautiful FE4 fanarts folder somewhere. I want. ;_;

You are killing me... ._.

arthurcelice.png

Lies. Arthur is unable to top anyone or anything.

Elite Mode doesn't negate the reliance on staves to get through later chapters, the shortages of Knight's Proofs, fatigue (which, actually, is one of the better features added, along with capturing), wtfleadershipstars, and overpriced weapons.

How much is this reliance on staves? Are you as reliant on staves as you are reliant on weapons, or do you have to WTFGrind to get things done?

Looking at stats on SF.net, seems most staff users start at C (except Tina, but I just found out that Salem can use staves right away anyway). Alright. It seems the staff you need to heal status effects also only C in Rank, so most of your staff users should be able to recover your units from statuses right away, provided you get the staves first but that should be common sense. There are even antidotes in the game.

Granted, I don't know what enemies actually carry these items, but I would think if they're available enough, that a player should be able to get these items to stop statuses with.

You are killing me... ._.

Actually I think I've found a 1/4th of them.

Lies. Arthur is unable to top anyone or anything.

...damn that 15% Str growth... lololRonanlolo

ALRIGHT HE IS INCAPABLE OF TOPING ANYTHING.

Edited by Asaa

Actually I think I've found a 1/4th of them.

*patpat* ~700 fanarts then? Good imo.

...damn that 15% Str growth...

ALRIGHT HE IS INCAPABLE OF TOPING ANYTHING.

The ultimate uke.

How much is this reliance on staves? Are you as reliant on staves as you are reliant on weapons, or do you have to WTFGrind to get things done?

Well, considering how slow weapon levels increase in this game, and how easily staff users fatigue, and how many you have to use, yes, I'd say you have to grind, if only a little.

Looking at stats on SF.net, seems most staff users start at C (except Tina, but I just found out that Salem can use staves right away anyway). Alright. It seems the staff you need to heal status effects also only C in Rank, so most of your staff users should be able to recover your units from statuses right away, provided you get the staves first but that should be common sense. There are even antidotes in the game.

Actually, Tina is one of the few staff users to raise her rank really easily. lol2prfstaves

Restore isn't as necessary as Warp and Rewarp. :x It's just that you will get swarmed by Dark Mages later on, and every single one of their weapons will cause poison.

Granted, I don't know what enemies actually carry these items, but I would think if they're available enough, that a player should be able to get these items to stop statuses with.

Restore isn't that common, and antidotes are pretty much only for selling.

Yes there is, it's called story consistency.

Look, most of the enemies that have Major Holy blood are more broken than Sigurd.

-Eltosian: Almost OHKO Sigurd all the times. Sigurd has no chance against him.

-Langobalt: Can deal a lot of damage to Sigurd if he hits him. Sigurd in comparison does fairly low damage against him.

-Leptor: He can easily kill Sigurd if he was already weakened by Leptor's army, which happen a lot.

-Alvis: :awesome:

Stats were given to the characters according to their lineage. It's the way they decided to do it in FE4, so bear with it.

And also, they did the same thing with Sety/Cyas in FE5.

Restore isn't that common, and antidotes are pretty much only for selling.

mm2x4k.png

Quite enough if you ask me. Unless you're proceeding so damn slow that EVERY status staff an enemy has will be used.

And no, Warp ISN'T a requirement. It helps makes C22 easy that's for sure.

Edited by Sirius

Stats were given to the characters according to their lineage. It's the way they decided to do it in FE4, so bear with it.

And also, they did the same thing with Sety/Cyas in FE5.

Then hand out enemies that are actually capable of giving these guys trouble in some way.

Yes there is, it's called story consistency.

Speaking of story consistency.

What's Sigurd's excuse to be the most bland, boring, dull, personality-less cliched hero in all of FE?

Langbalt's not exactly piss easy to a Sigurd lacking the power ring but then you've got Levin and Holsety and... yeah. 2nd Gen, there is no balance. Arion might be hell without Holsety though. Other enemies like Brian, are fucking joke even without Holsety.

Edited by Sirius

Then if it's a little, then it's nothing worth worrying about.

If only a little. It can be a lot more. I know I was begging for more staves/users later on.

What makes these an absolute requirement?

loleadershipstars making combat incredibly unfair, swarms of enemies, overall frustrating maps (Hi, 21x and 24x), etc.

mm2x4k.png

Quite enough if you ask me. Unless you're proceeding so damn slow that EVERY status staff an enemy has will be used.

Uhhh... I play defensively. ;__;

And no, Warp ISN'T a requirement. It helps makes C22 easy that's for sure.

Pretty much is, unless you're a masochist and want 90% of your army killed.