Top Posters In This Topic

Most of them being nothing but Arthur.

SERIOUSLY? ~700 fanarts and most of them are Arthur? SHOWMEPLZ

<3

<3<3

Grab the torches and pitchforks.

I lol'd.

Speaking of story consistency.

What's Sigurd's excuse to be the most bland, boring, dull, personality-less cliched hero in all of FE?

He's the royal equivalent of a good old-fashioned farm boy who doesn't know what the fuck he's getting into at basically any point in the story, despite heart. He's not that wordly, evidenced by Deirdre etc. He just wanted to save a friend, but then he got put in charge of curbing Agustria or whatever the fuck, and he's plain out of his depth fighting friends. Then he gets fucking exiled out of nowhere, and the only thing he wants to do after that is come back home.

/taking implications from bare-bones dialogue too far

Then hand out enemies that are actually capable of giving these guys trouble in some way.

Which enemies?

Langbalt's not exactly piss easy to a Sigurd lacking the power ring but then you've got Levin and Holsety and... yeah. 2nd Gen, there is no balance. Arion might be hell without Holsety though. Other enemies like Brian, are fucking joke even without Holsety.

You're pretty much proving my point when using Levin, since he's also the descendant of a crusader.

And Brian can still do heavy damages to your units if you're not careful.

Edited by Marthur

Which ennmies?
Throw some horse slayer enemies onto the map, making foot units more useful for something. Have more powerful mages.

It's one thing for Sigurd to be powerful, but the player of the game is not Sigurd, and he is the leader of an army. At the very least, one possible to idea if Sigurd must be powerful is to up the number of enemies on the map, enough to where he'll actually need his army.

You're aware of the Berserk Rinehart thing, right?

Ninji, I've done a playthrough of FE5 without a single use of Warp staff. It's not necessary. Oh and no one died.

OVERCOMPLICATED STARTEGIES

;___;

Throw some horse slayer enemies onto the map, making foot units more useful for something. Have more powerful mages.

Infantry is less useful than the cavalry? For most of them, their stats are better and their skills make up for it.

I don't see many people worshiping Alec, Noish, Beowulf, Lex or Azel as good units compared to Ayra, Levin, Jamuka or Holin.

Too bad that due to story consistency, the dark mages had to stay hidden during gen 1.

It's one thing for Sigurd to be powerful, but the player of the game is not Sigurd, and he is the leader of an army. At the very least, one possible to idea if Sigurd must be powerful is to up the number of enemies on the map, enough to where he'll actually need his army.

Chances are that you won't go very far if you try to solo the game with Sigurd. If you're lucky, you should die between Jungby and Evans.

Anyway, there are a lot of situations were Sigurd needs his army, because he can't be at two places at the same time (all the chapters starting from chapter 2.) Besides that, you can easily create your own situations where your infantry units will become useful.

Whatever, I don't even understand why you would solo the game with Sigurd. The game is designed so that you can use everyone. Hell, it even rewards you for doing so. That's why your units in this game don't really need to be balanced. Any new addition to your army will make it stronger and none can hinder it.

Edited by Marthur

It started with a low light,

Next thing I knew they ripped me from my bed;

And then they took my blood type,

they left a strange impression in my head.

You know that I was hoping,

That I could leave this star-crossed world behind;

But when they cut me open,

I guess I changed my mind.

And you know I might

Have just flown too far from the floor this time,

'cause they calling me by my name!

And the zipping white light beams

disregarding bombs and satellites!

I only memorized map music from the 1st gen. Does that make me a bad person? ;_;

Yes.

I blame Fia.

Infantry is less useful than the cavalry? For most of them, their stats are better and their skills make up for it.
2nd gen, then.
Too bad that due to story consistency, the dark mages had to stay hidden during gen 1.
Did you know that there are other types of magic users other than Dark?
The game is designed so that you can use everyone. Hell, it even rewards you for doing so.
Doesn't mean using everyone is ideal. It simply means you can use everyone. You'll do better to use around three or four units that have more EXP given to them, thus increasing their enemy phase effectiveness.

2nd gen, then.

Lakche/Skasaha/Sety/Shannan/Faval/Yuria vs Lester/Delmud/Oifaye/Johan/Altenna?

Sure, Ares and Celice are excellent units, but the rest...

Did you know that there are other types of magic users other than Dark?

Verdane has no mages, they're barbarians.

Leptor's army was too busy fighting in Isaac. They're your allies until chapter 3.

Alvis's army was too busy protecting the capital. Same as the above.

Silesia was too busy dealing with its own affairs. Please try to solo the wind mages with Sigurd and see the result.

Doesn't mean using everyone is ideal. It simply means you can use everyone. You'll do better to use around three or four units that have more EXP given to them, thus increasing their enemy phase effectiveness.

It is. Having 10 good units allows you to deal with the enemy armies more quickly and effectively.

Having everyone to a good level allows you to divide your army and deal with several armies at the same time.

Also, you can level every one up to at least level 25 in gen 1 as proven by my ranked playthrough. So exp isn't an issue.

Edited by Marthur

Lakche/Skasaha/Sety/Shannan/Faval/Yuria vs Lester/Delmud/Oifaye/Johan/Altenna?

You have more useful horse users in the 2nd gen, so horse slayer enemies being common would give more of a reason to drag around footed units.
Verdane has no mages, they're barbarians.

Leptor's army was too busy fighting in Isaac. They're your allies until chapter 3.

Alvis's army was too busy protecting Grandbell. Same as the above.

Silesia was too busy dealing with its own affairs. Please try to solo the wind mages with Sigurd and see the result.

What are all of these wielding? These enemies may need to play on their strengths and simply need to have enough damage potential to be a threat.
. Please try to solo the wind mages with Sigurd and see the result.
There needs to be more enemies like this.

You have more useful horse users in the 2nd gen, so horse slayer enemies being common would give more of a reason to drag around footed units.

Ares and Celice. Leaf to a lesser extent. And Arthur but it all depends on his father (Levin being the only one who makes him outstanding).

Nanna's job is to heal.

Finn... Maybe if I left him the Hero lance, but without it, he's average.

Delmud, depends on the father (Noish being the best one)

Lester? No.

Johan? No.

Oifaye? Same as Finn.

Most of them are overshadowed by the infantry, though. Just look at Lux abusing Lakche only. :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

What are all of these wielding? These enemies may need to play on their strengths and simply need to have enough damage potential to be a threat.

Magic, but I've explained why you couldn't fight them before chapter 5. Story consistency. :awesome:

Edited by Marthur

Question to anyone who might be reading: what, if any, nes emulator do you use?

vnes.

Although it's kinda easy to fuck up when savestating/loadstating.

Question to anyone who might be reading: what, if any, nes emulator do you use?

I use NEStopia and FCEUX, although I only use one of them because the other wouldn't play FE Gaiden for some reason.