FE4 THREAD

Fia

Okay, that's something I hadn't heard of.

Hondew Berry: Reduces Special Attack EVs by 10 if at 100 or lower, and lowers all higher EVs to 100 (if I recall correctly). Increases happiness.

There are other berries like that, but for different stats. For example (if I recall correctly), a Hondew Berry would decrease your Special Attack EVs from 252 to 100, then decrease to 90, etc.

http://www.psypokes.com/emerald/berrystats.php

Those are the berries that reduce EVs. Also applies to the Fourth Gen. games.

Edited by Zebesian

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

You appear to be trying to split learning the EV system into a separate issue from knowing about it. That isn't how it works since the latter is a prerequisite to the former. The harm done by the latter is equivalent to the one second transition plus all the time that they could have been learning the EV system beforehand but weren't.
By the time somebody wants to learn more about EVs, they either are wondering what everyone is talking about, or are ready to improve their Pokemon to be better equipped for battles. You make it sound like not learning about EV training sooner is somehow mentally detrimental or a trap that screws players over, which is not really possible. All it means is that Pokemon used to beat single player aren't fully suitable for multiplayer.
With a method to transition into a more advanced view at some point for the people that're into that sort of thing.
Okay then. So your main problem is that there is not enough in-game teaching of EVs to players wanting to get into multiplayer battling.

I think, there would have never been an argument had you started off saying this instead of:

The EVs in and of themselves could do this in theory but the inane way in which they are added and in which they are not user-visible at all means that they do not in fact do anything of the sort.
Which is a statement that pretty much attacks and denies the potential strategic depth of EVs and basically says, "they're not user visible, therefore does not add strategy or variety to the game".

Basically, you went about this in a stupid way. If you don't care about competitive battling, then make sure you aren't attacking it when all you want to say is, "I just don't like how Evs aren't user visible".

And now that it's clear that's all you are concerned about, I'm done with this argument.

I actually prefer not import if at all possible. Among other things it encourages, for all in a miniscule way, the release of games over here.

Looks like I'm going to have to import Devil Survivor though. Atlus hates us.

It's just a single DS game out of thousands and thousands, if you buy it. We don't even know Australia's release date.

It's kinda obvious, I think, that any mainstream Pokemon game is going to come out in Australia, anyway, unless the sales are truly atrocious (which I highly doubt will happen).

Edited by Seph

Um, yeah. I wasn't intending to give off the impression that they wouldn't release HG/SS over here, I was relating the reasoning behind the policy.

For the longest time I thought I was bad at wording things, then I got suspicious after too many instances of 'In Case A1, if the user does A2, we're currently doing B3, should we be doing A3 instead?' resulted in replies of 'Yes in case B1 if the user does B2 we should be doing B3'. Now I just try not to let it bother me.

Um, yeah. I wasn't intending to give off the impression that they wouldn't release HG/SS over here, I was relating the reasoning behind the policy.

For the longest time I thought I was bad at wording things, then I got suspicious after too many instances of 'In Case A1, if the user does A2, we're currently doing B3, should we be doing A3 instead?' resulted in replies of 'Yes in case B1 if the user does B2 we should be doing B3'. Now I just try not to let it bother me.

It really gave me that impression, so sorry for bothering you.

Well, as long as I'm around and this thread is conveniently titled 'FE4 THREAD', I may as well broadcast that I am intending to be using the name Serlis instead of Celice in the next release of the FE4 patch. Which should happen sometime within a century, unless I die first.

Well, as long as I'm around and this thread is conveniently titled 'FE4 THREAD', I may as well broadcast that I am intending to be using the name Serlis instead of Celice in the next release of the FE4 patch. Which should happen sometime within a century, unless I die first.

Serlis instead of Celice? Why?

Whut?

Weren't you on your honeymoon with Mist?

No, you only go on a honeymoon with people you get married to.

That's my point. You're married to Mist.

It's a shame I couldn't make it, but I watched a video of the wedding.

Edited by Seph

Whut?

Weren't you on your honeymoon with Mist?

No, you only go on a honeymoon with people you get married to.

That's my point. You're married to Mist.

It's a shame I couldn't make it, but I watched a video of the wedding.

:facepalm:

Where do people get these rediculous ideas?