• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Spr_1g_151.png

WHAT IS THAT ABOMINATION

Spr_1g_094.pngSpr_1g_148.png

Which Gen 1 game were these from? Certainly not the American ones, so they must be from one of the two other sprite sets that stayed in Japan...

...Wat?

They're from Red/Green. The only spriteset I know of that stayed in Japan.

All three first gen games had different sprite sets in Japan. The English version used the same spriteset in both, replacing one of the spritesets in one of the games.

If I remember correctly, the only one that's the same sprite in all 3 is Mew, but...

EDIT: The Mew from the English spriteset:

rbspr151.png

What?

The English games used the sprites from the Japanese Blue. And then Yellow came along and used a totally different sheet.

Spr_1g_151.png

WHAT IS THAT ABOMINATION

Spr_1g_094.pngSpr_1g_148.png

Which Gen 1 game were these from? Certainly not the American ones, so they must be from one of the two other sprite sets that stayed in Japan...

...Wat?

They're from Red/Green. The only spriteset I know of that stayed in Japan.

All three first gen games had different sprite sets in Japan. The English version used the same spriteset in both, replacing one of the spritesets in one of the games.

If I remember correctly, the only one that's the same sprite in all 3 is Mew, but...

EDIT: The Mew from the English spriteset:

rbspr151.png

What?

The English games used the sprites from the Japanese Blue. And then Yellow came along and used a totally different sheet.

Yeah. The other sprites were from either the Japanese Red or Green. All 4 of the original games had completely separate sheets, so...

All 4 of the original games had completely separate sheets, so...

What

Japanese Red, Blue, and Green all used seperate sheets. Blue's were the ones that were used in the English Red and Blue (Even though the rest of the games were basically Red and Green versions respectively). Then Yellow came out with a brand new sheet of it's own.

Yeah. The other sprites were from either the Japanese Red or Green. All 4 of the original games had completely separate sheets, so...

...No. Red and Green had the SAME sheets.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Dammit. How many Hurt and Heal games did you make, guys!? =____=

They're probably ending soon.

The game was aborted. Linda was proclaimed the winner. >_>

There, happy? >_>

Japanese Red, Blue, and Green all used seperate sheets.

No.

...Seriously? I thought they had separate sheets...

As usual, you're wrong.

You thought wrong. The only time "Paired" versions had separate sheets was Gold and Silver.

You thought wrong. The only time "Paired" versions had separate sheets was Gold and Silver.

Considering I stopped at Gold and Silver, that actually explains something...

Apparently, Crystal's Pokemon sprites were actually animated instead of just portraits. O.o;

Considering I stopped at Gold and Silver, that actually explains something...

Apparently, Crystal's Pokemon sprites were actually animated instead of just portraits. O.o;

:facepalm:

Picked a random choice between Gold or Silver's sprite and animated it.

I noticed that, actually.

I'll be downloading the ROMs for HG/SS eventually to pick up the series again...

I remember when Charlie posted while drunk in here. Three times.

You were around for the third time? o_O

I asked links.

I didn't think anyone noticed the third time since it was rather late and nobody mentioned anything.