FE4 THREAD

Fia

Loptos such as yourself are too weak for bonuses to help. Specially if they`re complete BS.

There's one hole in that theory: I'm a Sety, not a Lopt. And Like Fia and TheEnd, am invincible through the power of bullshit.

I smiled briefly when I read this.

I. FUCKING. LOL'D.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Loptos such as yourself are too weak for bonuses to help. Specially if they`re complete BS.

There's one hole in that theory: I'm a Sety, not a Lopt. And Like Fia and TheEnd, am invincible through the power of bullshit.

I smiled briefly when I read this.

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight. >_>

Only in FE4 THREAD. That applies to Haru in the Empires.

Can`t... breathe... laughed... too... hard...

*Grafcalibur*

*Mistoltin*

*Evades*

*Adept+Flare Grafcalibur*

DAMMIT THIS HOMEWORK IS IMPOSSIBLE.

What do you have to do?

Revise my Napoleon essay.

BUT.

THERE'S.

NOTHING.

TO.

FREAKING.

CHANGE.

But I have to change something, or else I'll get points off... D:

Wall of text ahead.

Napoleon’s reign was part of the French Revolution, after the time of the Age of Enlightenment, a movement of the 18th century. Instead of relying on a higher authority to subordinate to, the Enlightenment forged the ideology of independence in individuals. The French Revolution stemmed from the members of the lowest class, who staged a revolt for their rights after reaching their epiphany of individuality. Amidst this chaos, Napoleon Bonaparte rose to power. Using his military career as a springboard, he secured himself a position as First Consul in a triumvirate. Eventually, his thirst for authority led him to claim the French crown for himself, thereby establishing Napoleon as Emperor. However, his reign was sorely against the principles of that time. With his negative ideals and oppressive actions, Napoleon Bonaparte, as Emperor, did not implement the vision of the French Revolution.

Napoleon was a man with a lust for power. In the early 19th century, Count Mole’s, a Councilor of State, Minister, and peer of France, remarks about Napoleon, “The more I saw of him, the more I observed him, the more firmly I was persuaded that, always under the sway of the moment, he thought of nothing but his own gratification, of magnifying himself and his power without limit and without rest. (Document 2). Napoleon’s appetite for supremacy was insatiable. As described by his own diary entry, “My power proceeds from my reputation, and my reputation from the victories I have won… Conquest has made me what I am; only conquest can maintain me.” (Document 4), he demonstrated his need for domination. Napoleon reasons that establishing rule upon others is the only way to preserve his legacy. By gaining power from his prey, he strengthens himself. However, this sole idea disagrees with the French Revolution. An ideal of the Revolution was to protect the liberty of man. Liberty of man could not be preserved if Napoleon took it away and used it to enhance the core of his empire.

Not only were people wary of Napoleon’s infamous success, but also were their respective rulers. A lady in waiting to the Empress , Madame de Remusat, says that, “At the moment when Bonaparte placed the imperial crown upon his head there was not a king in Europe who did not believe that he wore his own crown more securely because of that event.” (Document 3). As Emperor of France, Napoleon planned to take each land before him and seize it for himself, effectively abolishing their rulers. Spain, Italy, Holland, and other countries became part of Napoleon’s satellite kingdoms. As he put friends and family upon those conquered thrones, Napoleon violated a virtue of the Revolution: Fraternity. The rulers of the nations were to be equal, and have a “brotherhood” of power between all of them. No fraternity could be established if none could put trust in another. Their individual reigns were under threat of Napoleon’s corruption every day.

In Spain, Napoleon’s Imperial Decree at Madrid exemplified this removal of fraternity. “To date from the publication of the present decree, feudal rights are abolished in Spain. The tribunal of the Inquisition is abolished, as inconsistent with the civil sovereignty and authority.” (Document 6). Napoleon threw away much of Spain’s foundations. The feudal system they were under for so long was removed, as was the tribunal of the Inquisition, which maintained Catholic dogma to keep its hold on Spain, as well as placing the hands of the Government in papal rule. Ferdinand VII was disposed of by Napoleon himself, an act of literal fratricide in this situation, and replaced him with Napoleon’s brother, Joseph. Napoleon had no right to annex Spain with France, removing power of their ruler. Napoleon was going against the exact same ideals he fought for. His questionable and ambiguous deeds in removing equality and fraternity contradicted the various goals of the French Revolution. However, as time went on, people would realize just how much of France Napoleon would justify for his own sake.

As First Consul, Napoleon was a controversial ruler, and, as expected, gathered a great deal of conspiracy around him. Paranoia was ensured. Attacked by plots from the Royalists, Jacobins, and Bourbons, Napoleon was growing weary of the attitude toward him. Believed to be involved in plotting with the Bourbons, the Duke of Enghien was kidnapped and secretly executed following a private trial. Although Napoleon was later informed of the Duke’s innocence, he did not oppose the original verdict. An actual act of fratricide, Napoleon killed a fellow acquaintance of power, just over a petty rumor of conspiracy. The defendant was guilty! However, Napoleon denounced all claims of a mistrial. He then used this incident to justify that he should be the one to lead France to glory, recreating a hereditary monarchy, with himself crowned Emperor. Even before he was crowned, Napoleon directly went against the unification of fraternity that the French Revolution held tight to its values.

As Emperor of France, Napoleon executed many domestic reforms upon his people. This included the Napoleonic Code. Originally, it was proposed to protect property rights, and that it did. However, it was not all it did. In the Code, women and children were explicitly stated to be inferior to men. Another one of the ideals of the French Revolution was to establish the equality of all people. How could all people be equal if 60% of France’s population were deemed severely lower than the rest? Women were denied of political and social rights, ownership of property, custody of children, and access to divorce. Napoleon saw women as merely a tool for a means of procuring an heir.

Napoleon’s reign left deep impression upon France and much of Europe. While some thought of him as the national hero of the Revolution, naming it the greatest power of Europe, there were still many others left who disagreed with his ways. As he went against the principles of protecting liberty, fraternity, and equality, Napoleon was an ideological paradox. With his negative ideals and oppressive actions, Napoleon certainly did not implement the vision of the French Revolution as Emporer.

Edited by Roxas

What do you have to do?

BUT.

THERE'S.

NOTHING.

TO.

FREAKING.

CHANGE.

Wall of text ahead.

Napoleon’s reign was part of the French Revolution, after the time of the Age of Enlightenment, a movement of the 18th century. Instead of relying on a higher authority to subordinate to, the Enlightenment forged the ideology of independence in individuals. The French Revolution stemmed from the members of the lowest class, who staged a revolt for their rights after reaching their epiphany of individuality. Amidst this chaos, Napoleon Bonaparte rose to power. Using his military career as a springboard, he secured himself a position as First Consul in a triumvirate. Eventually, his thirst for authority led him to claim the French crown for himself, thereby establishing Napoleon as Emperor. However, his reign was sorely against the principles of that time. With his negative ideals and oppressive actions, Napoleon Bonaparte, as Emperor, did not implement the vision of the French Revolution.

Napoleon was a man with a lust for power. In the early 19th century, Count Mole’s, a Councilor of State, Minister, and peer of France, remarks about Napoleon, “The more I saw of him, the more I observed him, the more firmly I was persuaded that, always under the sway of the moment, he thought of nothing but his own gratification, of magnifying himself and his power without limit and without rest. (Document 2). Napoleon’s appetite for supremacy was insatiable. As described by his own diary entry, “My power proceeds from my reputation, and my reputation from the victories I have won… Conquest has made me what I am; only conquest can maintain me.” (Document 4), he demonstrated his need for domination. Napoleon reasons that establishing rule upon others is the only way to preserve his legacy. By gaining power from his prey, he strengthens himself. However, this sole idea disagrees with the French Revolution. An ideal of the Revolution was to protect the liberty of man. Liberty of man could not be preserved if Napoleon took it away and used it to enhance the core of his empire.

Not only were people wary of Napoleon’s infamous success, but also were their respective rulers. A lady in waiting to the Empress , Madame de Remusat, says that, “At the moment when Bonaparte placed the imperial crown upon his head there was not a king in Europe who did not believe that he wore his own crown more securely because of that event.” (Document 3). As Emperor of France, Napoleon planned to take each land before him and seize it for himself, effectively abolishing their rulers. Spain, Italy, Holland, and other countries became part of Napoleon’s satellite kingdoms. As he put friends and family upon those conquered thrones, Napoleon violated a virtue of the Revolution: Fraternity. The rulers of the nations were to be equal, and have a “brotherhood” of power between all of them. No fraternity could be established if none could put trust in another. Their individual reigns were under threat of Napoleon’s corruption every day.

In Spain, Napoleon’s Imperial Decree at Madrid exemplified this removal of fraternity. “To date from the publication of the present decree, feudal rights are abolished in Spain. The tribunal of the Inquisition is abolished, as inconsistent with the civil sovereignty and authority.” (Document 6). Napoleon threw away much of Spain’s foundations. The feudal system they were under for so long was removed, as was the tribunal of the Inquisition, which maintained Catholic dogma to keep its hold on Spain, as well as placing the hands of the Government in papal rule. Ferdinand VII was disposed of by Napoleon himself, an act of literal fratricide in this situation, and replaced him with Napoleon’s brother, Joseph. Napoleon had no right to annex Spain with France, removing power of their ruler. Napoleon was going against the exact same ideals he fought for. His questionable and ambiguous deeds in removing equality and fraternity contradicted the various goals of the French Revolution. However, as time went on, people would realize just how much of France Napoleon would justify for his own sake.

As First Consul, Napoleon was a controversial ruler, and, as expected, gathered a great deal of conspiracy around him. Paranoia was ensured. Attacked by plots from the Royalists, Jacobins, and Bourbons, Napoleon was growing weary of the attitude toward him. Believed to be involved in plotting with the Bourbons, the Duke of Enghien was kidnapped and secretly executed following a private trial. Although Napoleon was later informed of the Duke’s innocence, he did not oppose the original verdict. An actual act of fratricide, Napoleon killed a fellow acquaintance of power, just over a petty rumor of conspiracy. The defendant was guilty! However, Napoleon denounced all claims of a mistrial. He then used this incident to justify that he should be the one to lead France to glory, recreating a hereditary monarchy, with himself crowned Emperor. Even before he was crowned, Napoleon directly went against the unification of fraternity that the French Revolution held tight to its values.

As Emperor of France, Napoleon executed many domestic reforms upon his people. This included the Napoleonic Code. Originally, it was proposed to protect property rights, and that it did. However, it was not all it did. In the Code, women and children were explicitly stated to be inferior to men. Another one of the ideals of the French Revolution was to establish the equality of all people. How could all people be equal if 60% of France’s population were deemed severely lower than the rest? Women were denied of political and social rights, ownership of property, custody of children, and access to divorce. Napoleon saw women as merely a tool for a means of procuring an heir.

Napoleon’s reign left deep impression upon France and much of Europe. While some thought of him as the national hero of the Revolution, naming it the greatest power of Europe, there were still many others left who disagreed with his ways. As he went against the principles of protecting liberty, fraternity, and equality, Napoleon was an ideological paradox. With his negative ideals and oppressive actions, Napoleon certainly did not implement the vision of the French Revolution as Emporer.

tl;dr: Napoleon was a bitch.

I see... several spelling errors.

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight. >_>

Only in FE4 THREAD. That applies to Haru in the Empires.

Can`t... breathe... laughed... too... hard...

*Grafcalibur*

*Mistoltin*

*Evades*

*Adept+Flare Grafcalibur*

*Takes out self forged Nihil ring* :awesome:

I have a 70 ish% chance to hit you, it hits.

You fucking wish. >_>

*Generic Bishop heals*

*Mistoltin*

Yay a sleep staff. ^_^

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Oh great. Now I'm going to whore my eyes out staring at my essay, scrutinizing every word for the next 30 minutes. :C

Thanks.

What do you have to do?

BUT.

THERE'S.

NOTHING.

TO.

FREAKING.

CHANGE.

Wall of text ahead.

Emporer.

There's one.

Oh great. Now I'm going to whore my eyes out staring at my essay, scrutinizing every word for the next 30 minutes. :C

Thanks.

That's just one, for starters.

Also, there is a "spell-check" function. (Or there should be on any decent word processor)

Also, there is a "spell-check" function. (Or there should be on any decent word processor)

Odd. It didn't catch up on that. Maybe because it was capitalized and it recognized it as a special title? Meh. :/

OH SHI-

I HAVE TO COLOR ALL THE WATER BLUE ON A MAP THAT IS SETUP EXACTLY SO THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH IS LAND OR WATER...

The last thing I want to do is color China as water...

The last thing I want to do is color China as water...

*Otosogari'd and pulls hair*

*Holds keyblade to throat*

You'd better not~

Edited by Roxas