• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

People are butthurt over its difficulty. Just like with:

• Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
  • Megaman X6
  • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
  • Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
  • etc...

...MP 2 wasn't THAT hard, though (only my opinion)

RD/SD only if you played it on highest difficulty =/

Never played MX6

But I guess you have a point, yeah

I got bored of Zelda after Link's Awakening >_>

Metroid Prime Hunters and Corruption damaged my outlook on the future of Metroid >_>

I hope that Fire Emblem doesn't go downhill.

I liked OOT/MM/TWW a lot, but other than that the games after LA don't manage to amuse me enough either

Dunno, I liked Corruption...Hunters is an abomination indeed, though, but I don't count it as a Metroid, just like I don't count pinball.

I fear for it.

Knowing Nintendo/IS, FE is going to go downhill. The question is, when.

Anyways, brb.

They should get Shouzou Kaga back and have a game starring Tailto, UNPAIRED

See ya

Edited by Enjolras

My least favorite Zelda's...they lacked difficulty AND good story =(

Though Minish Cap was ok, I guess...

Four Swords & Four Sword Adventures were more of a spinoff...although FAS IS cannon, it takes place after Alttp in the timeline.

The story was great, it's just that people are more used to, well...Ganondorf.

Knowing Nintendo/IS, FE is going to go downhill. The question is, when.

They won't as long as they keep the series in a linear way without any spin-offs like that "FE-All stars" thing.

Four Swords & Four Sword Adventures were more of a spinoff...although FAS IS cannon, it takes place after Alttp in the timeline.

The story was great, it's just that people are more used to, well...Ganondorf.

There is no proof of that. For all you know the FS saga happened before OOT. There is no correct timeline as of yet.

That's not my point, as I loved the stories withtout Ganondorf. It just felt inferior to the greatness we had before. And The first 2 aren't that good storywise either, but at least they have decent difficulty, and I loved the gameplay more

It is more unlikely since Four Swords was a spin-off or a mini game to Alttp GBA.

Four Swords Aventure explains of having been released from the Four Sword...that Vaati is the same Vaati as always, he has no reincarnications, Minish Cap takes place before OoT, I forgot why...but there was some exellent explanation I heard before.

Vaati was a minish before the events of MC, he turned evil sometime later.

It is more unlikely since Four Swords was a spin-off or a mini game to Alttp GBA.

Four Swords Aventure explains of having been released from the Four Sword...that Vaati is the same Vaati as always, he has no reincarnications, Minish Cap takes place before OoT, I forgot why...but there was some exellent explanation I heard before.

Vaati was a minish before the events of MC, he turned evil sometime later.

I've read thousands of theories, the order of release of games is not to be taken into account for one.

Second, Four Sword can be considered the older Master Sword, there's whole theory regarding this

Minish Cap is indeed likely to be first, though OOT is as well, meaning Minish Cap gets moved to the very end, before FS, after the original NES games, unless it gets moved to the, I believe it's Child, timeline, which is OOT/MM => TP

All possible theories are explained somewhere, only a few are completely rendered impossible.

Four Sword can be considered the older Master Sword, there's whole theory regarding this.

Minish Cap is indeed likely to be first, though OOT is as well, meaning Minish Cap gets moved to the very end, before FS, after the original NES games, unless it gets moved to the, I believe it's Child, timeline, which is OOT/MM => TP

All possible theories are explained somewhere, only a few are completely rendered impossible.

The Four Sword or Picori Blade has it's own shine, the Master Sword is always in the Lost Woods.

Minish Cap being first made more sense because of the cartography...just look, the MC overworld map is more similiar to OoT's than it is to any other Zelda game. Thinking it takes after OoT wouldn't make sense with the split timeline theory where Hyrule's geography has changed since Link's return to Hyrule from Termina.

In Zelda I Link is 14, he is 16 in Zelda II. I think the most accurate theory is the split timeline one, it's the one that most makes sense for now.

The Four Sword or Picori Blade has it's own shine, the Master Sword is always in the Lost Woods.

Minish Cap being first made more sense because of the cartography...just look, the MC overworld map is more similiar to OoT's than it is to any other Zelda game. Thinking it takes after OoT wouldn't make sense with the split timeline theory where Hyrule's geography has changed since Link's return to Hyrule from Termina.

In Zelda I Link is 14, he is 16 in Zelda II. I think the most accurate theory is the split timeline one, it's the one that most makes sense for now.

Except it wasn't always in the lost woods.

True. Just as TLoZ and aLTTP have almost identical cartography (yes, they do, just watch closely)

Geography changed, in my theory, due to the great flood and then discovering a new hyrule. Mapwise, I believe GC's TP is more accurate btw.

Split timeline is officialy accepted, only...in what order do the games take place then?

The only part I'm sure of is (child) OOT/MM => TWW => ALTTP => OOS/OOA => LA => TLoZ => tAoL

Edited by Enjolras

I do believe that the split timelines divides into section A & B...section A having Link to relive his childhood and then go on the search for Navi and that's where he ends up, in Termina.

And section B would continue a century later on Twilight Princess with the same Ganondorf being trapped in the Sacred Realm...which is possibly the Twilight Realm.

But it's confusing, apparently WW comes after TP, it's confusing to see Ganondorf coming out of his prison twice...especially when he dies in TP. But it's hard to tell when WW was made before TP.

Alttp & Four Swords have an almost identical map, Death Mountain is in the north as always...and the forest is in the south-west like in Alttp.

Alttp had it's desert to the south while Oot & MC had it to the west, same as TP.

I do believe that the split timelines divides into section A & B...section A having Link to relive his childhood and then go on the search for Navi and that's where he ends up, in Termina.

And section B would continue a century later on Twilight Princess with the same Ganondorf being trapped in the Sacred Realm...which is possibly the Twilight Realm.

But it's confusing, apparently WW comes after TP, it's confusing to see Ganondorf coming out of his prison twice...especially when he dies in TP. But it's hard to tell when WW was made before TP.

Alttp & Four Swords have an almost identical map, Death Mountain is in the north as always...and the forest is in the south-west like in Alttp.

Alttp had it's desert to the south while Oot & MC had it to the west, same as TP.

It's been confirmed that TWW and TP happen in different timelines by thousands of pages of debating.

It's been confirmed timelines are split in 2 sections by Nintendo, the Adult one and the Child one.

aLTTP and tLoZ have identical maps too, tAoL is found north of the place of tLoZ btw.

aLTTP takes place in the new land found by Link and Tetra according to debates

It's been confirmed that TWW and TP happen in different timelines by thousands of pages of debating.

It's been confirmed timelines are split in 2 sections by Nintendo, the Adult one and the Child one.

aLTTP and tLoZ have identical maps too, tAoL is found north of the place of tLoZ btw.

aLTTP takes place in the new land found by Link and Tetra according to debates

It can't be confirmed unless official, it isn't something too be SO sure about even after all those pages.

The Adventure of Link isn't even set on Hyrule, on the split timeline it is set in between MM & Zelda I.

I won't generalize and say "the debates know nothing", but...it sounds a bit unspecific, if that land has apparently been found by Link and Tetra it wouldn't make any sense, Alltp has a few people talkign about hylians, a species that said that have lived in the same land long ago.

And by Link and Tetra finding new lands it gives you the idea (Not to sound too blunt) that they got into something and filled the population themselves.

It can't be confirmed unless official, it isn't something too be SO sure about even after all those pages.

The Adventure of Link isn't even set on Hyrule, on the split timeline it is set in between MM & Zelda I.

I won't generalize and say "the debates know nothing", but...it sounds a bit unspecific, if that land has apparently been found by Link and Tetra it wouldn't make any sense, Alltp has a few people talkign about hylians, a species that said that have lived in the same land long ago.

And by Link and Tetra finding new lands it gives you the idea (Not to sound too blunt) that they got into something and filled the population themselves.

It is, believe me, I even recall someone from Nintendo confirming it.

Actually, it's set in NEW Hyrule, North of where tLoZ and aLTTP took place, which is also NEW Hyrule!

Ah yes, one of the small errors in the theory. I have no answer, I'm afraid, except perhaps that Tetra/Zelda redubbed her people Hylians when they arrived there.

I don't mean that, obviously.

I think Zelda started to go downhill with Twilight Princess or the DS games. Difficulty has been decreasing since OoT or maybe earlier but at least the games were still enjoyable.

Didn't play Hunters and haven't played Corruption (well, tried the game up until after that first fight with Ridley).

Edited by Speedwagon

It is, believe me, I even recall someone from Nintendo confirming it.

Actually, it's set in NEW Hyrule, North of where tLoZ and aLTTP took place, which is also NEW Hyrule!

Ah yes, one of the small errors in the theory. I have no answer, I'm afraid, except perhaps that Tetra/Zelda redubbed her people Hylians when they arrived there.

If so, it would have been announced publically and not just in a forum, thing is they could have also been tired of trying to find a conclusion that they couldn't go on any longer because of the many, MANY pages...it has happened many times repeadtly with other debates of other games and other media.

The theory of a new Hyrule still sounds more imprecise than the split timeline >_>

The people wouldn't have moved into other lands because they already had home islands in the Great Sea...it's not like they were deserted islands either.

If so, it would have been announced publically and not just in a forum, thing is they could have also been tired of trying to find a conclusion that they couldn't go on any longer because of the many, MANY pages...it has happened many times repeadtly with other debates of other games and other media.

The theory of a new Hyrule still sounds more imprecise than the split timeline >_>

The people wouldn't have moved into other lands because they already had home islands in the Great Sea...it's not like they were deserted islands either.

It was confirmed publically, in an interview. I recall Shigeru saying something among the lines of "In OOT there is a split, Young Link returns to his time, and Adult Link's time lives on without a Link, TP would fit in the child line, and TWW in the Adult line"

New Hyrule is part of the split timeline theory, smart guy, and it's been confirmed that the NES ones take place in a different Hyrule.

I know.

It was confirmed publically, in an interview. I recall Shigeru saying something among the lines of "In OOT there is a split, Young Link returns to his time, and Adult Link's time lives on without a Link, TP would fit in the child line, and TWW in the Adult line"

New Hyrule is part of the split timeline theory, smart guy, and it's been confirmed that the NES ones take place in a different Hyrule.

I know.

Well, I stated that previously, also.

I never said I didn't when I even denied that "New Hyrule" theory, it just doesn't make sense that people would move to a new Hyrule unless that new Hyrule you are refering to takes place after WW and in the same timeline.

But if so, it wouldn't make sense since Ganondorf was already killed in WW, it goes more alog with OoT where Ganondorf has been sealed in the Sacred Realm.