FE4 THREAD

Fia

Well, I stated that previously, also.

I never said I didn't when I even denied that "New Hyrule" theory, it just doesn't make sense that people would move to a new Hyrule unless that new Hyrule you are refering to takes place after WW and in the same timeline.

But if so, it wouldn't make sense since Ganondorf was already killed in WW, it goes more alog with OoT where Ganondorf has been sealed in the Sacred Realm.

You said TWW and TP were in the same timeline :mellow:

I said it takes place after TWW and in the same timeline :mellow:

Have you ever read anything about Ganon's pig form? Because after TWW he escaped from his imprisonment in his pig form a few times, and if you look at all games that should come after it, that's all you see.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Zelda started to go downhill with Twilight Princess or the DS games. Difficulty has been decreasing since OoT or maybe earlier but at least the games were still enjoyable.

Didn't play Hunters and haven't played Corruption (well, tried the game up until after that first fight with Ridley).

I'd actually argue that TP was better than Ocarina of Time. OoT may be a classic, but it's victim to overhype and some of the bosses in it are pretty easy in their own right (The first fight with the Real Gannon is pathetic with the Biggoron Sword, for example), as well as a much smaller world (Seriously, Hyrule is pathetically small in OoT when you go back and play it again). TP didn't get close to the same amount of overhype as OoT, if you could even say it was overhyped, and had a much larger world to explore. Some of the bosses are arguably as hard as any of the N64 Era Zelda bosses, if not harder.

The DS Zeldas aren't as good though, I'll give you that. And Prime 2 was bad enough that I didn't even try Prime 3.

You said TWW and TP were in the same timeline :mellow:

I said it takes place after TWW and in the same timeline :mellow:

Have you ever read anything about Ganon's pig form? Because after TWW he escaped from his imprisonment in his pig form a few times, and if you look at all games that should come after it, that's all you see.

Yes, but I completely forgot what Shigeru Miyamoto stated back then, thank you.

Yes, I have. But that doesn't change the fact that he was sealed in OoT only to later escape in WW in pig form.

I didn't play through Alttp, so I wouldn't know if Ganon is a reincarnation of Ganondorf or if it's just one Ganondorf for the series without him reincarnating.

You did it twice on that one map... the heck happened?

The knockback of the server is really odd.

I'll boom headshot you.

Or will I humiliate you at melee range first?

>________>

Now there's a bunch of quotes about anger. "If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" made me laugh out loud.

Yes, but I completely forgot what Shigeru Miyamoto stated back then, thank you.

Yes, I have. But that doesn't change the fact that he was sealed in OoT only to later escape in WW in pig form.

I didn't play through Alttp, so I wouldn't know if Ganon is a reincarnation of Ganondorf or if it's just one Ganondorf for the series without him reincarnating.

Oh, ok.

Except his WW form was actually human =/.

In AlTTP it's Pig Ganon

I'd actually argue that TP was better than Ocarina of Time. OoT may be a classic, but it's victim to overhype and some of the bosses in it are pretty easy in their own right (The first fight with the Real Gannon is pathetic with the Biggoron Sword, for example), as well as a much smaller world (Seriously, Hyrule is pathetically small in OoT when you go back and play it again). TP didn't get close to the same amount of overhype as OoT, if you could even say it was overhyped, and had a much larger world to explore. Some of the bosses are arguably as hard as any of the N64 Era Zelda bosses, if not harder.

I agree...some fans just think it HAS to stay the best and it can't be surpassed because of the scores it gained on reviews and the graphics for that time.

OoT isn't really hard...it's easy, the temples you are going to have the most difficulty on are going to be the Water & Shadow temples...maybe the Spirit temple if I was forgetting something.

Twilight Princess' difficulty was alright, slightly easier on some aspects...some bosses were harder than OoT's, early dungeons are easier. Right, it doesn't get as much hype as OoT...I even hear some fans say "Twilight Princess is a poor man's Ocarina of Time". TP's gameplay is actually better...Hyrule's overworld is HUGE, riding Epona while using a sword is much more flexible than in OoT where you could use a bow only unless you activate a glitch which allowed you to use a sword while on Epona.

The DS Zeldas aren't as good though, I'll give you that.

Phantom Hourglass actually bears a good and not so easy difficulty, there are some things you just woudn't guess, Ciel doesn't help very much, at least Navi's "Hey, listen!" helped.

Zelda? I'd say the only really bad thing about it is how wimpy the enemies have gotten over the ages. Crabs in aLttP could take out two whole hearts to you when you could have 4-6 at the beginning. Now not even Iron Knuckles can do that. The games getting easier are partly an illusion of us actually getting better at the games : OoT was tougher when we were kids than TP as teens/young adults. This said, the NES ones were on a league of their own there, but that's something that works for pretty much every game.

Problem is Alltp explains he was sealed away in another realm and not stoned.

The Master Sword also wouldn't have been placed in Lost Woods if that were the case.

Some inconsistencies are as of yet unexplained.

According to a lot of theories Link put it there for his descendants to find

Link couldn't have put it there when it was drowed along with Ganondorf's statue.

I don't think those theories in those forums were explained very well...they said it all as if Link was some wise sage that would have predicted he would have descendants that will carry on his task, yet, since you have played all (Or most of them) you know all Links are the same, they are almost average people with courage on there side, not wisdom.

Link couldn't have put it there when it was drowed along with Ganondorf's statue.

I don't think those theories in those forums were explained very well...they said it all as if Link was some wise sage that would have predicted he would have descendants that will carry on his task, yet, since you have played all (Or most of them) you know all Links are the same, they are almost average people with courage on there side, not wisdom.

I know...yet, if games appear after TWW, it means the sword was removed, no?

Most where, it's just been too long since I read them.

Played all except Spirit Tracks, and you hold a point, but we don't know everything, do we?

Like you said Enjo, it isn't official, so we can't be too sure. -_-

Nope.

Now you're someone that can be talked to and maintain respect at all times. :awesome:

Thank you, Enjo. :awesome:

Yes, but I follow the most logical theory.

I see no point in insulting the person you're debating with, it only leads to argumenting.

Yes, but I follow the most logical theory.

I see no point in insulting the person you're debating with, it only leads to argumenting.

Arguing is the whole point of debating.

Arguing is the whole point of debating.

Welcome to FE debating.

It sucks that most FE debaters DO rely on insults, doubt of the other's capacity of compression and being jerks.