• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

There is just too much going on with them.

Compare Bulbasaur with that new Grass one:

Bulbasaur is a dinosaur... with a bulb on its back. That's it. There are a few spots here or there, but it maintains the same color scheme, it doesn't have extraneous details, and it looks semi-realistic.

The new Grass one has 3 colors going on and a body that could have never been created by nature unless nature got really drunk and decided to fuck around; it has deformed feet and arms, random shoulder pads, and is way too curvy. I won't complain about the tail because Charmander had something similar (at least Charmander had a really damn flame), but it is too similar to overlook.

Bulbasaur is a dinosaur... with a bulb on its back. That's it. There are a few spots here or there, but it maintains the same color scheme, it doesn't have extraneous details, and it looks semi-realistic.

The new Grass one has 3 colors going on and a body that could have never been created by nature unless nature got really drunk and decided to fuck around; it has deformed feet and arms, random shoulder pads, and is way too curvy. I won't complain about the tail because Charmander had something similar (at least Charmander had a really damn flame), but it is too similar to overlook.

yeah I totally agree. :/

the earlier ones were a lot more.. er. down to earth, I guess.

Now it just looks like they ran out of ideas and are mashing random bits together to make a new pokemon. Just look at the one on the right with the booby-ears and freckles. gross.

I also like how the text in that scan is completely useless.

"3 differently-typed partners! You can choose between grass, fire and water!"

This is why I hate the new Pokémon artworks so much.

I also like how the text in that scan is completely useless.

"3 differently-typed partners! You can choose between grass, fire and water!"

Apparently, they are named Tsutaaja (Grass), Pokabu (Fire), Mijumaru (Water).

Let's think of English names for them.

This is why I hate the new Pokémon artworks so much.

402Kricketune.png

Look at that mustache. LOOK AT IT.

Hey, at least, the trainers don't look completely generic for once. Of course they'll have no personality whatsoever, but...

PONYTAIL

Snowbeaver.

They wouldn't.

Snowver sounds more likely

Ivander

Charpig

Snowver

Edited by TheEnd

That was bad.

Wasn't meant to be good.

Was mythology ever used to name Pokemons in English?

umumumum

Arceus' name may come from the words arch (highest) and deus, which is Latin and Greek for god. It may also have a root in the Latin word arcanus, which means secret; sacred mystery.

That was your best bet, and even that is just Latin.