FE4 THREAD

Fia

...apparently me being evil is a good thing for the folder...but very bad for poor marthur.

Marthur is a maso.

I'll blame my stupid trainer if I don't.

ScreenShot259.png

Can you?

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

...Ninji, Roxas, Enjo, Marthur, Sashi are masos...ok.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go. I don't have the motivation to be evil today and non-evil hatari is apparently bad.

No.

Because Sirius obviously expected us to see and quote this.

TM: Hey, I top bianchi so that means I should be above her!

Nightmare: lol

TM: heh yeah just kidding

Nightmare: You should totally debate the individual placements since they're completely inaccurate

TM: I'm not gonna debate myself up though

Nightmare: Yeah

Nightmare: Oh wait I forgot to add that

Nightmare: No debating yourself

TM: I think I'll throw that joke in the thread

TM: since it'll bring lulz just about everywhere

Nightmare: Is it some FE4 THREAD in-joke?

TM: Srs x Bianchi

TM: yup

Nightmare: Ah

Nightmare: lol

JustAsPlanned.png

Edited by Speedwagon

I expected one of you to quote it though.

The quote will go down in history as you letting out your feelings, regardless of any previous planning about it.

Marthur predicting the fact that I was expecting someone to quote that in this thread does not invalidate my prediction.

Your so-called prediction isn't much more than an attempt of turning both predictable results into victory conditions.

However, while the the acceptance of the comment's nature as a joke (which would happen tacitly if it weren't quoted) would generate an unilateral victory of a certain someone who would probably prefer it if such ship were never mentioned again, the quoting generates two very different victories.

On one hand, your subjective victory, as you have the intellectual satisfaction of seeing your prediction come true.

On the other hand, the community's victory, as we gain folder material (= amusement) while not caring about the factual truth behind it.

The way I understand it, a stalemate is only possible when victory is bilaterally prevented. I don't see this happening here; regardless of the way your victory can be seen (as true or virtual), the thread's victory cannot be denied.

Edited by TheEnd

Your so-called prediction isn't much more than an attempt of turning both predictable results into victory conditions.

However, while the the acceptance of the comment's nature as a joke (which would happen tacitly if it weren't quoted) would generate an unilateral victory of a certain someone who would probably prefer it if such ship were never mentioned again, the quoting generates two very different victories.

On one hand, your subjective victory, as you have the intellectual satisfaction of seeing your prediction come true.

On the other hand, the community's victory, as we gain folder material (= amusement) while not caring about the factual truth behind it.

The way I understand it, a stalemate is only possible when victory is bilaterally prevented. I don't see this happening here; regardless of the way your victory can be seen (as true or virtual), the thread's victory cannot be denied.

When I said stalemate I was thinking along the lines of an even score (as in, both parties won) and not in the sense that I locked it so neither can win as it is in chess. Guess a tie would've been the better word to use.

Though I'm not exactly sure that my "victory" is subjective considering how I did intentionally post it and anticipated that someone would quote. The chatlog happened before that post I made.

Edited by Speedwagon

When I said stalemate I was thinking along the lines of an even score (as in, both parties won) and not in the sense that I locked it so neither can win as it is in chess. Guess a tie would've been the better word to use.

I see a tie as a situation where both sides are prevented from winning.

However, at least one of the sides has fulfilled their victory conditions. So it cannot be a tie. It's an unilateral or bilateral victory.

But we're just going to loop like this.

Though I'm not exactly sure that my "victory" is subjective considering how I did intentionally post it and anticipated that someone would quote. The chatlog happened before that post I made.

The feeling of being victorious, regardless of outside results.

Edited by TheEnd